The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INSTALLING NAKATANENGA REAR WINDOW AIR VENTS

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
INSTALL STEPS
Steps to install the NAKATANENGA window vents. I could not find any instructions - at least so far:
  1. The vents fit the Grenadier’s rear doors.
  2. There is a driver and passenger side vent. You must match each vent to the correct side of the car;
  3. The rounded edge of the vent points towards the front of the car, with the fine insect mesh facing the inside;
  4. Lower the window all the way down. It is better to lower the window all the way to give you more working room;
  5. Place the vents on a 45-degree angle in the open window, with the aluminum slots facing outwards and the rounded edge pointing towards the front of the car;
  6. Once the vent is placed into the open window slot, move both sides of the vent upwards into position. Because of the starting position the vent’s right side has a longer way to travel;
  7. Once the vent is in position, raise the window into the slot on the underside of the vent. Do this carefully as you may need to move the vent a millimetre or two to ensure the window goes into the vent’s slot.
  8. To remove the vent, do these steps in reverse.
OBSERVATIONS
Well made, insect mesh on the inside of the vent to stop the bugs and nasties. Increased air flow and noise in the car with vents fitted. The vents are quick to install and remove, so I will fit them each night when needed - to avoid that Outback dust getting into the car, any more than it does not.

Time will tell if the insect mesh makes a noise/rattle when the car hits corrugations. A non-issue if I install them each night.

The vents meet my needs - air flow at night while I sleep, without unwanted guests.
IMG_8901.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom