The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've looked on the Hertz website, but it seems that their car audio speakers in the 6" size output more power than that indicated for the Grenadier; indeed they start their range at an RMS level of 60W.

https://hertz-audio.com/collections/car-audio-speakers/

Anyone found more info on what's fitted?
My initial thought, without seeing anything, was they may be there marine grade or a new grenadier specific build, there would be enough demand to warrant a new range.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found more info on what's fitted?
According to CS:
"Infotainment System by Neusoft
Speakers - 4 x 45 watt Hertz speakers are used, all models made by Elettromedia. 2 x 45 watt full range 6" (low/mid/high) within the front door cards and 2 x 45 watt mid-range 4" speakers located in the rear door cards. All powered by an integrated amplifier built into the main head unit".

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
" integrated amplifier built into the main head unit".
Do you think we should assume that the "uprated" audio system in NA specs are a different head unit? Is the head unit the display itself?

Hopefully it's the former so it can be improved by owners who do not/cannot get the upgrade from the factory.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think we should assume that the "uprated" audio system in NA specs are a different head unit? Is the head unit the display itself?

Hopefully it's the former so it can be improved by owners who do not/cannot get the upgrade from the factory.
NA specs best answered by INEOS NA direct, the "uprated" system has not been announced for the ROW.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Bump

Have any of our current owners investigated upgrade options for the stereo yet?
I did a trip return trip from Brisbane to Toowoomba yesterday. I loaded a 32Gb USB stick into the usb A port in the cubby. After a 45 second fiddle with the "settings" and a re-balance of the speakers to take account of the load of stuff in the cargo area I found the stereo to be more than adequate. I was listening to the Caxton St Jazz Band, Kiri Te Kanawa singing jazz, Al Bowley, some works by Chopin, Tchaikovsky's 1812 . The base was adequate, the mid range surprisingly clear and the treble ranges more than adequate. I did wind the window down at one stage to listen to the diesel "purring" as it propelled the vehicle up the 10% grade on the Toowoomba range😁...that was music of a different kind! What with the noise of the engine and tyres on some surfaces competing with the music system, I'd say that the standard offering is quite satisfactory. A small subwoofer might give little more depth but it's neither urgent nor important in the scheme of things. I have a sensitive ear for "matters musical" and I doubt I'll be spending additional funds on the stereo .

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did a trip return trip from Brisbane to Toowoomba yesterday. I loaded a 32Gb USB stick into the usb A port in the cubby. After a 45 second fiddle with the "settings" and a re-balance of the speakers to take account of the load of stuff in the cargo area I found the stereo to be more than adequate. I was listening to the Caxton St Jazz Band, Kiri Te Kanawa singing jazz, Al Bowley, some works by Chopin, Tchaikovsky's 1812 . The base was adequate, the mid range surprisingly clear and the treble ranges more than adequate. I did wind the window down at one stage to listen to the diesel "purring" as it propelled the vehicle up the 10% grade on the Toowoomba range😁...that was music of a different kind! What with the noise of the engine and tyres on some surfaces competing with the music system, I'd say that the standard offering is quite satisfactory. A small subwoofer might give little more depth but it's neither urgent nor important in the scheme of things. I have a sensitive ear for "matters musical" and I doubt I'll be spending additional funds on the stereo .
Nice - it must be quite an improvement on the PTO set up then, as that was quite tinny and very replaceable. We’ll see how it goes.

Good old Toowoomba huh. My old stomping ground.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone found any detail on the sound system specs as yet?
They are here in this thread. At least the maker of the head unit, Neusoft) and the 4 speakers (Hertz) and the speaker specs above. As far as anyone can tell the “uprated” version that will be available in NA and elsewhere going forward adds a sub in the auxiliary battery space but you have to choose between battery or sub.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but what is it like when you listen to proper music??
Backstreet Boys
ABBA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but what is it like when you listen to proper music??
Backstreet Boys
ABBA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0
😳 perhaps I'll never know!😉😆
I'm not averse... but it's an example of where a small sub-woofer would add some depth...
ABBA I enjoy, so too Mamas and Papas, Beatles etc...they understood melodic structures!!. They're sure to be on the playlist in a few weeks for an extended trip south👍

Last edited:

ChaosDogg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Neusoft head unit has RCA outputs in the back of it? Would like to throw in an under seat sub and looking into what my options are.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Neusoft head unit has RCA outputs in the back of it? Would like to throw in an under seat sub and looking into what my options are.
Some one already has installed a Sub under the seat try searching. It was done by tapping into the existing wiring and running power from the footwell power.

Back
Top Bottom