The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Automotive Trademark Names

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Ford T-Bird (Thunder Bird)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Buick Skyhawk

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
There’s a Canadian company called Bombardier. They make airplanes and jet skis amongst other stuff.
Who were also subject to legal action by JLR for using the Defender name for a product. JLR lost that case as well.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If Ineos were to register names from all the military services, the Ineos Commander sounds pretty good.
On the other hand. Ineos 'Able Seaman' wouldn't have quite the same ring.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If Ineos were to register names from all the military services, the Ineos Commander sounds pretty good.
Not sure if it existed elsewhere, but here in the States there was a Jeep Commander. Probably 10+ years ago now, but it was an attempt to enter the over-size 3-row SUV game. I don’t think it did too well.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like a furphy to me...
Grrrrr
The fact names and words used for hundreds of years as common dictionary reference can be "trademarked" is a bloody joke. What next, they TM the word 4X4 or Beer or Car...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if it existed elsewhere, but here in the States there was a Jeep Commander. Probably 10+ years ago now, but it was an attempt to enter the over-size 3-row SUV game. I don’t think it did too well.
I started to write that yesterday but wasn’t sure than whether I mixed it up with the Jeep Compass and deleted everything before posting.
Now I know I wasn’t wrong 👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Grrrrr
The fact names and words used for hundreds of years as common dictionary reference can be "trademarked" is a bloody joke. What next, they TM the word 4X4 or Beer or Car...
I've always understood, for the UK at least, that trademarks are only granted for specific product groups. So it's possible for the same trademark to be held by multiple persons each for a different product type.

As an example, whilst it's widely report that JLR lost their trademark case with Ineos, they were actually granted the trademarks in relation to:

Class 9 which includes Computer mouses; Web cameras (Webcams); Discs for storage of digital media; Mobile phone headsets and accessories; Mobile phone covers; Mobile phone cases; Mouse mats; Home theater systems; Televisions; Calculators; Projectors; Contact lenses; spectacles.

Class 14: Statues and statuettes of precious metals.

Class 28: Balloons; Sporting articles; Christmas decorations.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Grrrrr
Agreed.. Stinks like :poop:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

But can you remember the Vauxhall Cavalier Commnder ??

I lusted after one of them when I was younger. It had some Gucci looking wheels on it (for the time).

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I've always understood, for the UK at least, that trademarks are only granted for specific product groups. So it's possible for the same trademark to be held by multiple persons each for a different product type.

As an example, whilst it's widely report that JLR lost their trademark case with Ineos, they were actually granted the trademarks in relation to:

Class 9 which includes Computer mouses; Web cameras (Webcams); Discs for storage of digital media; Mobile phone headsets and accessories; Mobile phone covers; Mobile phone cases; Mouse mats; Home theater systems; Televisions; Calculators; Projectors; Contact lenses; spectacles.

Class 14: Statues and statuettes of precious metals.

Class 28: Balloons; Sporting articles; Christmas decorations.
That is the system it should work worldwide

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I started to write that yesterday but wasn’t sure than whether I mixed it up with the Jeep Compass and deleted everything before posting.
Now I know I wasn’t wrong 👍
Well both are pretty crappy vehicles so you weren't too far off!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well both are pretty crappy vehicles so you weren't too far off!
Jeep commander was just a grand cherokee with a different body on wasn't it

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jeep commander was just a grand cherokee with a different body on wasn't it
I believe it was - but maybe a stretched platform? It was unibody and, more than anything, ugly IMO.

2-800-oemexteriorfront-61757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom