The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Important detail overlooked

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
We know so much about the vehicle, but what will the all important keyring look like?

Metal, leather, wood? Or boring corporate logo type made in China?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Keyrings get in the road. It’s bad enough to have to use a key now.
Give me a fob that stays in your pocket with a single house key attached and I’m happy thanks.

First world problems I know. 😉😂😂

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, that’s to ugly. I need something inspired by mud and dust but modern and shiny at the same time. Matte polished bog oak could give a good base!
What's the centre button for, panic alarm!!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Someone will market a tactical fob, probably billet also and certainly artisanal
Sorry -waaay off topic....
To be "tactical" is has to be flat black in colour... !!
My son-in-law sells first aid supplies...he is often asked for "black tactical" single-use disposable gloves by paramedics of a certain demographic (no offence intended!). Older paramedics ask for light blue ones so they can quickly record vital signs .... try as he might he can't convince the black glove brigade that blue ones are more practical!:LOL:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Keyrings get in the road. It’s bad enough to have to use a key now.
Give me a fob that stays in your pocket with a single house key attached and I’m happy thanks.

First world problems I know. 😉😂😂
I have never understood people who have key rings with dozens of keys on them'
A mate of mine has the obvious car and house but then he has garden shed, tool box(x 2) , safe, file cabinet, wine fridge, workshop.
I said to him most of those are at home, no need to carry them away from the home.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I have never understood people who have key rings with dozens of keys on them'
A mate of mine has the obvious car and house but then he has garden shed, tool box(x 2) , safe, file cabinet, wine fridge, workshop.
I said to him most of those are at home, no need to carry them away from the home.
Many keys on the ring and with carabiner on the jeans, on the side. That used to be "in". That used to be.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If the IG key doesn’t come in camo with a built in compass, 1” blade and a pull out toothpick I am going to be pissed.

Oh and if they can have a built in GPS chip for locating it with my phone then that will be well appreciated.

I like a nice keyring but then never use them because they are normally to bulky for my trouser pocket. I find the best ones are those plastic loops with a companies name on them usually and then the ring to hang you key on….nice and slimline.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wasn't meaning the fob, more the key ring attached to it, (I assume the string and cable tie in the pic is not standard spec ;) ).

Do a search on ebay for LR keyring and you'll see the vast array of options the market has developed, just wondered what the official Grenadier key ring will be. Personally would go for a nice embossed strip of that saddle leather.
Sorry TS I knew what you were referring to, I’ve just never put one on as it’s just more bulk in your pocket and one more thing to rattle when driving.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car key/fob has been naked for years. I haven’t had to use a key to start the ignition in my DD for years so the fob is just in my pocket or jacket pocket. I don’t carry house keys because we have a key pad and all of my other keys (shed, tool cases, etc) live in the garage. My work keys are on a separate ring that stay in the center console.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the IG key doesn’t come in camo with a built in compass, 1” blade and a pull out toothpick I am going to be pissed.

Oh and if they can have a built in GPS chip for locating it with my phone then that will be well appreciated.

I like a nice keyring but then never use them because they are normally to bulky for my trouser pocket. I find the best ones are those plastic loops with a companies name on them usually and then the ring to hang you key on….nice and slimline.
and a tool for taking boy scouts out of horses hooves.........

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is part of the Pub Kit on the Grenadier kit website. Could be cool if stamped with individual truck details.

Attachments

• A00103FB-E62F-4EDD-9987-C1E0F4CAC6DC.jpeg
    A00103FB-E62F-4EDD-9987-C1E0F4CAC6DC.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 25

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
We once visited the family of my sons girlfriend. Her father had a dozen keys on his keyring. Large ones and partially very complicated ones.

It then turned out that he is a "Justiz Vollzugsbeamter": a jail guard.

Back
Top Bottom