The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Important detail overlooked

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I have never understood people who have key rings with dozens of keys on them'
A mate of mine has the obvious car and house but then he has garden shed, tool box(x 2) , safe, file cabinet, wine fridge, workshop.
I said to him most of those are at home, no need to carry them away from the home.
Say what you want. I will keep mine
We once visited the family of my sons girlfriend. Her father had a dozen keys on his keyring. Large ones and partially very complicated ones.

It then turned out that he is a "Justiz Vollzugsbeamter": a jail guard.
as long as you didn’t remember exactly that time that his voice has been quiet familiar to you 😅

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
as long as you didn’t remember exactly that time that his voice has been quiet familiar to you
His voice is anything but quiet.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
If the IG key doesn’t come in camo with a built in compass, 1” blade and a pull out toothpick I am going to be pissed.

Oh and if they can have a built in GPS chip for locating it with my phone then that will be well appreciated.

I like a nice keyring but then never use them because they are normally to bulky for my trouser pocket. I find the best ones are those plastic loops with a companies name on them usually and then the ring to hang you key on….nice and slimline.
My keyring is a plain round metal ring with car key, garage remote, and keys for front screen door, front door and holiday house front door.
Nothing more than absolutely needed.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It should be noted that if your car key is part of an overloaded key ring, the steering wheel lock will be destroyed over time. It's a permanent, never ending stress test with a predictable result.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is that the ignition switch is key operated. The fob being for the immobiliser/central locking....:unsure:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Yes. The key is a “blade” housed in the fob.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
This is part of the Pub Kit on the Grenadier kit website. Could be cool if stamped with individual truck details.
I would like a brass version of the IG key ring that will age like the leather, maybe a saddle leather version. either way, it would be cool to have the date that it rolled off the assembly line with what number you are in terms of volume built.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wasn't meaning the fob, more the key ring attached to it, (I assume the string and cable tie in the pic is not standard spec ;) ).

Do a search on ebay for LR keyring and you'll see the vast array of options the market has developed, just wondered what the official Grenadier key ring will be. Personally would go for a nice embossed strip of that saddle leather.
If you want a nice easy hobby , get some leather + dye + rivets/eyelets from a leather shop and make your own.
You will get requests from others , so beware of your new skill ;)
You may branch out into belts etc.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Wasn't meaning the fob, more the key ring attached to it, (I assume the string and cable tie in the pic is not standard spec ;) ).

Do a search on ebay for LR keyring and you'll see the vast array of options the market has developed, just wondered what the official Grenadier key ring will be. Personally would go for a nice embossed strip of that saddle leather.
I think I've just seen my perfect one:
Screenshot_20230711_161443.jpg

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I've just seen my perfect one:
View attachment 7819700

Just ordered 3
Grenadier
Royal Marine
Royal Navy Diver

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back on subject of key fob.
Heavy and chunky but in some way, feels cheap. Can’t put my finger on why.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back on subject of key fob.
Heavy and chunky but in some way, feels cheap. Can’t put my finger on why.
I got that feeling with a PTO2 I was driving, I just put it being down to a well used PTO2 key. But obviously not. I also assume that it isn't as waterproof, well splashproof that some of the L/R have.
I don't mind it being heavy and chunky as long as it proves durable. What about other grenadier owners? Mine must still be in Hambach, hopefully with a vehicle attached.

Back
Top Bottom