The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I'm sure they have best intentions

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
We have aeroplanes these days :D

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
Just around the corner...
Got the same invite.
2692 kms and 29 hours driving (with tolls no less!!!) for me.
Is it too much to ask for just one event up this way?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes this is in Victoria ...... but.

Seriously, why would you go to the Phillip Island Grand Prix????

The minimum cost to get a grounds pass is $43 - which is no biggy on its own, but surely they can arrange for viewing sessions at their offices in Melbourne for all of their loyal customers who have stumped up over 100 times more dollars already. This could be in a nice quiet environment, where you get to pore over the IG yourself, without having to deal with 1000's of other people who have travelled 100's of Kilometers..... for ....... you guessed it.....motorbikes.

Phillip Island can barely cope with the crowds of people attending the Grand Prix, and literally there will be a traffic jam beyond your imaginations just trying to get onto the Island. Getting over the bridge at GP time makes pulling your eyeballs out seem to be a good idea.

I appreciate they are doing it to expose the IG to greater audiences, however sometimes I just wish they would consider their loyal customers they already have first.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fully agree Davman.

I am in melbourne but will not go for the reasons you mention.

It will be even busier this year as it was cancelled last year.

I can imagine people all over the Grenadier like ants.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes this is in Victoria ...... but.

Seriously, why would you go to the Phillip Island Grand Prix????

The minimum cost to get a grounds pass is $43 - which is no biggy on its own, but surely they can arrange for viewing sessions at their offices in Melbourne for all of their loyal customers who have stumped up over 100 times more dollars already. This could be in a nice quiet environment, where you get to pore over the IG yourself, without having to deal with 1000's of other people who have travelled 100's of Kilometers..... for ....... you guessed it.....motorbikes.

Phillip Island can barely cope with the crowds of people attending the Grand Prix, and literally there will be a traffic jam beyond your imaginations just trying to get onto the Island. Getting over the bridge at GP time makes pulling your eyeballs out seem to be a good idea.

I appreciate they are doing it to expose the IG to greater audiences, however sometimes I just wish they would consider their loyal customers they already have first.
Plus I don't like motorcycles

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Got the same invite.
Tap this guy up and see what he says...

Screenshot_20221007_141823.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Plus I don't like motorcycles
For you, a Honda Goldwing might be the right one.

It has stereo surround radio, seat heating, heated grips and can hardly fell over as it will get stuck on the footrests. There are back rests for the driver and passenger seat, an "Electronic Travel Computer", an ABS, a CB-radio, cruise control, a reverse gear, an airbag, an automatic DCT gearbox, four displays one of which is a TFT monitor, an electronic chassis, traction control, full LED headlights, and an electrically adjustable windshield. It comes with a Smart Key system which allows remote unlocking of the top case. (list not complete)

To make a long story short: The six-cylinder Honda Goldwing 1800 is with 380 Kg in fact not a motorcycle, but more a car on two wheels. As proof of this, Honda has also installed Apple Car Play. And with only 36000 € it's not too expensive for a car, even with only two wheels.

The right vehicle for you. :cool:

Here is a version without driver back rest:

gw.jpggwtft.jpg

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
I understand it’s also not uncommon for Goldwing owners to fit car tires on the rear - it’s more car-like than bike-like!

That’s a long way for an event, but I suspect the event isn’t actually for folks like us. They are trying to build hype and attention for the rig, and they don’t need to do that for any of us -we’re already bought in. They do seem to be relying on “trust us, it’s coming” with those who have put a down payment; I’m OK with that as so far they’ve done nothing to suggest I shouldn’t trust them. But events like that at the GP are for the Instagram — to see and be seen by the broader world — and not for folks that are already mostly committed to being owners. Still, I won’t complain about the 3-hour trip for me for the prototype tour knowing that some folks are facing 10-times that!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• 03FA6647-F82D-40EB-BB63-7233265AD997.jpeg
    03FA6647-F82D-40EB-BB63-7233265AD997.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 22

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So plenty of water at the GP ~ check those safari window seals...
1665721856369.jpeg

And talking in another thread of the absolute requirement for roo bars...not a roo but still a very close call...🙀

Screenshot_20221014_095055_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Hitting a Wallaby at those speeds (which weigh about the same as a small deer) only has two outcomes that I know of:

1) The rider's day is ruined forever OR
2) There's enough energy to blast right through the critter and the rider is gross but otherwise OK.

On a small, light sportbike, I'd wager it would have been the first one. I've heard of the second one but only on big, heavy bikes. This is a close call indeed.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
With respect to the indicated speed I dare say: both - except that the driver is not OK afterwards.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Got the same invite.
Greg, Ineos Australia are using the Land Rover Play Book as their bible and only focus on the SE corner of the country.
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Les - you are correct.

It is always the same up here. I moved here from Melbourne 20 odd years ago to reduce the pace of life and have accepted the need to wait longer for some things. But not to be ignored completely.

And just to rub it in, the latest email is for an event at Adelaide Show grounds - even further away.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure why they are focusing their attention where 70% of the population is.
Could also coincide with timing of suitable events.
Another month and all those demo units will arrive and we will be able to drive production models around at the dealers.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh I get that down south is where the majority of their sales will be and the whole "markering" rational, but as far as i am aware, they have not held a single event north of Brisbane.
An area where over half the vehicles on the road are 4wds, is the destination for a lot of 4wd owners, and have a population of mine/army young blokes with dollars in their pockets. Not to mention us more mature folk who have retired/semi retired up here.
I just want to see one in the flesh before mine turns up on my driveway.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I took the plane from Hobart to Melbourne then drove 1.5 hours north to Seymour to get a gander. Where the will is strong!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Oh I get that down south is where the majority of their sales will be and the whole "markering" rational, but as far as i am aware, they have not held a single event north of Brisbane.
An area where over half the vehicles on the road are 4wds, is the destination for a lot of 4wd owners, and have a population of mine/army young blokes with dollars in their pockets. Not to mention us more mature folk who have retired/semi retired up here.
Greg, Im in Townsville and the word that Im picking up from the Army is not too favourable concerning their Mercedes fleet up here. Put that on top of the Brits replacing their Land Rover fleet and Ineos could do themselves a favour in placing a swag of vehicles up here in the Far North. Ive just submitted a paper covering this topic to the Defence Review Committee which is due to make an interim finding come the end of October. Ineos Australia need to sharpen their pencil a little.
Cheers
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Back
Top Bottom