The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ideas and or requests section?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Dear Mods, please move to appropriate "forum" section as needed.

Ok, now that is out of the way. I had a couple thoughts/ideas for some things I would love to see available or possibly be made available.

Color Matching/Leather Belstaff/Grenadier updated manuals.
--I for one would love a good ole nice, leather bound or possible some sort of exterior that would match our delivered Grenadiers. Something that will handle being thumb'ed through and look the part as well. I can forsee some "issues" regarding the re/printing of Ineos materials. Not sure what the legal complications of such would be.

"Open Sourced" / Community sourced repository for specifications etc
--As Ineos seems to be failing to deliver on it's promised transparency (coughServiceManualcough) regarding owner service and repairability, was thinking if there was an area where we could share info that may help the Community grow.
For example, a topic of wide discussion is side steps/rock sliders. There are a number of companies offering different aesthetics or properties(materials), however they all "attach" to the vehicle the same. Similarly so with roof racks. It would be great if we had a place to save/share knowledge and who knows what may come of it. Sort of like how Thingverse is to 3d printing, would be awesome to have something like that for the Grenadier.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score

Ok, now that is out of the way. I had a couple thoughts/ideas for some things I would love to see available or possibly be made available.

--I for one would love a good ole nice, leather bound or possible some sort of exterior that would match our delivered Grenadiers. Something that will handle being thumb'ed through and look the part as well. I can forsee some "issues" regarding the re/printing of Ineos materials. Not sure what the legal complications of such would be.

--As Ineos seems to be failing to deliver on it's promised transparency (coughServiceManualcough) regarding owner service and repairability, was thinking if there was an area where we could share info that may help the Community grow.
For example, a topic of wide discussion is side steps/rock sliders. There are a number of companies offering different aesthetics or properties(materials), however they all "attach" to the vehicle the same. Similarly so with roof racks. It would be great if we had a place to save/share knowledge and who knows what may come of it. Sort of like how Thingverse is to 3d printing, would be awesome to have something like that for the Grenadier.
Hi Flymask, I collaborated with Rob of OverlandGearGuy.com in the design of the Grenadier Manual Cover he offers on his website now. Although it is not leather, it is Built For Purpose for holding the Grenadier Manual. We added a place to hold 3x5 cards or laminated 3x5 cards for keeping track of service dates, notes and off-road vehicle & winch functions that one might want to create and keep readily available. Here's a link to it. DaBull

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score

Resources this is for the open source data for people to download. Send me the file and I'll populate it.

As for the first part thats out of my remit as far as INEOS corporate is concerned, however I can ask, there are a coupe of pole who still take my calls. However if there is sufficient interest I can look into a leather cover for the owners manual. I'm working out the spec of a leather bound field guide/notes/ essential info book at the moment so it's a possibility. All it takes is bums on seats....

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Thank you both very much.

Back
Top Bottom