The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I think they’ve only gone and done it!!!!

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
I’ve read and watched all reviews. Very happy - those that were negative were benchmarking this vehicle against something it was never supposed to be. But the knowledgeable reviewers informed us that it’s all the things we wanted it to be. By concept, the boxes that needed to be ticked are so…

Of course it’s not perfect, but nothing I own is, but all of those things are mine and i know how to use them xx.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve read and watched all reviews. Very happy - those that were negative were benchmarking this vehicle against something it was never supposed to be. But the knowledgeable reviewers informed us that it’s all the things we wanted it to be. By concept, the boxes that needed to be ticked are so…

Of course it’s not perfect, but nothing I own is, but all of those things are mine and i know how to use them xx.
Off road performance was not in doubt, what has been very pleasing is the on road manners and that the various journalists made of point of it.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score

At the end - in all reviews there were nothing new.
To me still testing a preproduction - Or a production vehicle with some software missing.. (Airbag issue)
Off Road capability in all reviews excellent.
What we knew - was - on road capability were some trade of - such as speed limit, assistants. Tyres, steering, visibility. Nothing new.
The topic of RHD footrest - applies to some drivers but not to all.
And what we all knew - the controls on transfer case - how to use difflocks etc.. is to be decided by human brain - not a computer..
We do not have driving modes. - so drivers brain decides what to switch on - off - not some sensors.

This means - a person driving a Grenadier must know about offroad driving.. - if not experienced enough - some lessons with an offroad driving instructor should be booked.
For those persons deciding to use the Grenadier as a mall crawler .. (hopefully not to many) - they may stay with a fieldmaster where just the center difflock is attached and they have the second lever anyway most in H -. and its for decoration only.. "I could if I would."

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
This means - a person driving a Grenadier must know about offroad driving.. - if not experienced enough - some lessons with an offroad driving instructor should be booked.
They should do a mandatory 'land rover experience' type thing where you have to prove you know how to drive off-road, if not you have to pay for lessons.

#entrepreneur 😉

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
It was surprising how many people whose job it is to drive cars and review them struggled with the controls, a reflection on them I feel when they are lamenting they had to pull or push a lever and it was quite physical work..wtf

These days we all know people want to press the go peddle and the car do the rest….if you want that buy a Tesla

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was surprising how many people whose job it is to drive cars and review them struggled with the controls, a reflection on them I feel when they are lamenting they had to pull or push a lever and it was quite physical work..wtf

These days we all know people want to press the go peddle and the car do the rest….if you want that buy a Tesla
'...the boot had no electronic closing device or foot under bumper opening for when I'm carrying my ego in both hands, Ineos have come up short here...'

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
To me still testing a preproduction - Or a production vehicle with some software missing.. (Airbag issue)
Off Road capability in all reviews excellent.
What we knew - was - on road capability were some trade of - such as speed limit, assistants. Tyres, steering, visibility. Nothing new.
The topic of RHD footrest - applies to some drivers but not to all.
And what we all knew - the controls on transfer case - how to use difflocks etc.. is to be decided by human brain - not a computer..
We do not have driving modes. - so drivers brain decides what to switch on - off - not some sensors.

For those persons deciding to use the Grenadier as a mall crawler .. (hopefully not to many) - they may stay with a fieldmaster where just the center difflock is attached and they have the second lever anyway most in H -. and its for decoration only.. "I could if I would."
I think the great majority of owners are, in fact very experienced in off road driving. Like someone mentioned on FB, the Australian reviewers loved it and GOT it, no so much the UK domestic drive reviewers, this for some is the first time they have driven an off road vehicle with recirculating ball steering by the way some have reacted.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
so much the UK domestic drive reviewers, this for some is the first time they have driven an off road vehicle with recirculating ball steering by the way some have reacted.
They certainly haven't piloted this venerable Land Rover mechanism, the armstrong setup

images (10).jpeg

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i think off road driving is not a problem for people in australia and america, they have many opportunities to do it.
in europe we are strictly limited to do that, especially in germany. I had my first CJ7 40 years ago, at that time it was still possible to go off-road in gravel pits that were not closed.
I hope that Ineos creates events for your drivers to push the cars to their limits, especially in Germany

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Hannes01 sometimes I assume the only reason for getting the hunting license is to legally drive offroad (outside of parcours)
Where I live - ral offroad capable vehicles - to be noticed mostly be mud and proper tyres. .. are Lada Nivas, Subaru Forrester, Suzuki Jimny or a few jeeps and rare occasion old VW Iltis or even Munga where the 3 cylinder 2stroke engine is replaced by a ford engine.. (either in use by farmers or hunters)
Former Wolf - Mercedes G are used here and there but not as often. - The lad where I did my trap training uses a ford ranger with boot cover and two dog compartments
But the SUV type of vehicles - 95% are equipped with pure on road tyres. No tow hook - driven by people never ever go off road. I know a lot purchasing it because of elevated seating position only. - And I know of at least 3 persons (including my gunsmith) attracted on IG because of the roof panel only. :ROFLMAO: (repeat myself)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i think off road driving is not a problem for people in australia and america, they have many opportunities to do it.
in europe we are strictly limited to do that, especially in germany. I had my first CJ7 40 years ago, at that time it was still possible to go off-road in gravel pits that were not closed.
I hope that Ineos creates events for your drivers to push the cars to their limits, especially in Germany
There are still some countries in Europe where you can find some good "bad roads and tracks" (yes I know, there is a contradiction in my phrase :unsure: ). Especially in Eastern Europe, but also in Spain, France, etc. Do we really need a 4X4 in Europe, unless you are a farmer, forest guard, or something similar? No, not really.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They should do a mandatory 'land rover experience' type thing where you have to prove you know how to drive off-road, if not you have to pay for lessons.

#entrepreneur 😉
Common Sense unfortunately has been buried and we are allowing drivers to enter the market without a slowly slowly catch the monkey approach to 4x4 driving...for some reason we allow tourists from all parts of the world to hire 4x4 vehicles and roll on the beaches, gravel roads and where ever...not sure of the mandatory stuff but just common sense, used to save lives...happy and safe travels... ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have 1982 HJ 47 Dual cab Landcruiser that has the same steering as he Rover, to say its vague is a mild understatement, it's actually a feature of the vehicle :LOL:
:eek:
It is like those 1949s movies isn't it?
There is no camber or caster adjustment so if the toe in is adjusted wrong , it's heart in mouth on the bitumen!
That said , they drove from London to Singapire in 1955 at max speed on crap roads , no problems. Back when people could actually drive.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is like those 1949s movies isn't it?
There is no camber or caster adjustment so if the toe in is adjusted wrong , it's heart in mouth on the bitumen!
That said , they drove from London to Singapire in 1955 at max speed on crap roads , no problems. Back when people could actually drive.
Now, that's and adventure!

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
There are still some countries in Europe where you can find some good "bad roads and tracks" (yes I know, there is a contradiction in my phrase :unsure: ). Especially in Eastern Europe, but also in Spain, France, etc. Do we really need a 4X4 in Europe, unless you are a farmer, forest guard, or something similar? No, not really.
I know, that's the conflict in my mind; do I really need this vehicle, with these capabilities, actually a VW ID.Buzz ticks a load of my boxes because we also have another vehicle with an ICE for longer journeys, I think I'm drawn to Iconic vehicle designs (I also have a Vespa scooter, a London Taxi., ana VW Transporter/Multi Van/Caravelle ). Going fast on the public highway is becoming a real issue in many countries; so how do we find driving/ownership enjoyment and passion; In the earlier part of the 20th Century, the car that common people could enjoy was an amazingly liberating experience for many; and the belief that you are embarking on a journey of discovery and excitement is a wonderful thing IMO, and that's what the Grenadier will definitely do in spades, and few other vehicles, excepting retro-mods, can emulate this for me.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure this can be said for a variety of marques (not just 4x4s), but I want a car that gets me excited each time I turn the key. Most of us can drive ever-reliable washing machines 95% of the time, and I'll probably keep my little purple Fit/Jazz for that very reason. But, it doesn't do anything for me - it's an appliance. But the vehicles I've owned and loved - my Series, my FJ80, my Raptor - those cars made me want to drive, and platonically speaking, I want to be turned on when I turn on my vehicle!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes Hannes. We are quite lucky here.

However we have more and more places being closed to 4x4s.

We have plenty of fools (normally cashed up 20somethings) who go about damaging the tracks, damaging the bush, littering the place and cause places to get closed.

Quite frustrating.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know, that's the conflict in my mind; do I really need this vehicle, with these capabilities, actually a VW ID.Buzz ticks a load of my boxes because we also have another vehicle with an ICE for longer journeys, I think I'm drawn to Iconic vehicle designs (I also have a Vespa scooter, a London Taxi., ana VW Transporter/Multi Van/Caravelle ). Going fast on the public highway is becoming a real issue in many countries; so how do we find driving/ownership enjoyment and passion; In the earlier part of the 20th Century, the car that common people could enjoy was an amazingly liberating experience for many; and the belief that you are embarking on a journey of discovery and excitement is a wonderful thing IMO, and that's what the Grenadier will definitely do in spades, and few other vehicles, excepting retro-mods, can emulate this for me.
That’s a great garage, utilitarian classics.

Here’s an idea… jump in the IG and go buy an icecream on the promenade in Baku (40.3656420, 49.8395790)… it’s only ~5,000kms* and an easy drive.

100% any doubt in your mind will be resolved before you’ve finished the icecream. :)

* Probably want to go via Türkiye rather than Ukraine is the only thing.

Back
Top Bottom