The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I think they’ve only gone and done it!!!!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Do we really need a 4X4 in Europe, unless you are a farmer, forest guard, or something similar? No, not really.
You're right. Like me: I don't need a 10'000€ camera equipment, neither do i need three or four motorbikes, or a collection of 30 knifes or a plethora of tools.

But I like them. They please me, and I can use them whenever I want or simply take them in hand and enjoy their quality and perfection.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
I think we are all „Petrol heads“!

Walter Röhrl once said: a garage without a Porsche in it is a dull, dark hole!

maybe it's the same with the grenadier
Herr Rohrl - legend!

Probably my favourite German, apart from a girl i met once in the old east Germany during a rugby tour

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Röhrl is the absolute and coolest master of all rally drivers!

And his sayings are legendary: "Acceleration is when your tears of emotion run horizontally from your eyes to your ears". 😂
Or a journalist once asked him to explain the difference between understeer and oversteer: "If you hit the tree with the front, you have understeer. If you hit it with the rear, you have oversteer". (y) :cool:

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Röhrl is the absolute and coolest master of all rally drivers!

And his sayings are legendary: "Acceleration is when your tears of emotion run horizontally from your eyes to your ears". 😂
Or a journalist once asked him to explain the difference between understeer and oversteer: "If you hit the tree with the front, you have understeer. If you hit it with the rear, you have oversteer". (y) :cool:
Sorry, forgive me:
the correct translation is:
when you see the tree you will hit it is untersteer, if you hear it it is oversteer! 👍😜

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Winning the last title with Lancia was epic - could another man (or team for that matter) just say "f*uck it" any better? If you haven't seen the Top Gear piece about that season of World Rally you should track it down; it was very well done.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Röhrl is the absolute and coolest master of all
Had dinner with him when he visited Tasmania in 2011 to race in Targa
Tasmania in the restored 911sc he rallied 30 years previously.
He gave a memorable speech at the dinner venue. Wonderful guy to talk to.
He hates the Taycan ; not surprising as he is a true petrolhead 😁

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Now, that's and adventure!
And there is still plenty of it available right here in Australia! One of my first tasks once I get my Grenadier in 6 months time, will be to set up some Trail Cameras in the deep dark Tropical Rainforst in FNQ where there have been numerous sightings in recent years of"Primates" would you believe?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One of my first tasks once I get my Grenadier in 6 months time, will be to set up some Trail Cameras in the deep dark Tropical Rainforst in FNQ where there have been numerous sightings in recent years of"Primates" would you believe?
Just lay some macca's baits , I see on youtube there are tons of millenials chewing the tracks up there 🤪

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just lay some macca's baits , I see on youtube there are tons of millenials chewing the tracks up there 🤪
Wouldn't that make them hang around? Don't want that. More seriously we have had at least two "Military" sightings and dozens of Civilian sightings over the past few years. I once led an expedition up the Russel River with a whole bunch of scientists from James Cook University and CSIRO all very experianced in the Tropical Rainforest scene. We came across a perfectly rectangular nest on the ground one morning that none of them could explain except the Professor of Archaeology who stated that if he was anywhere except in Australia he would say it was a "primate nest". That was about 50 years ago and since then all these sightings have occurred.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make them hang around? Don't want that. More seriously we have had at least two "Military" sightings and dozens of Civilian sightings over the past few years. I once led an expedition up the Russel River with a whole bunch of scientists from James Cook University and CSIRO all very experianced in the Tropical Rainforest scene. We came across a perfectly rectangular nest on the ground one morning that none of them could explain except the Professor of Archaeology who stated that if he was anywhere except in Australia he would say it was a "primate nest". That was about 50 years ago and since then all these sightings have occurred.

Amazing! Any idea what kind of primates Les or is this still a mystery?

How incredible would it be if you actually got footage of one!!

Back
Top Bottom