The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I did it again.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
It's still in progress.

If there is something decisive, I'll write an update.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not yet, still waiting.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
What a pity. In some aspects I struggle with the performance of INEOS or their dealers, only the great car continues to convince me to be looking forward to it.

After addressing the change request, nothing came for a long time, no call, no answer to mails etc. until yesterday surprisingly I then had a mail in the mailbox with at least the change from petrol to diesel.

I keep my fingers crossed very much that you will be satisfied with your interests. There should be enough reservations that are canceled and free color slots for Donny Grey, which is certainly the most frequently ordered color.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi all
Watching all this from afar. I think I am the furthest away from the action here in South Australia, 16,000kms from UK as the crow flies. My dealership hasn't even arrived in the state yet!!!
My timeframe is different totally so I have a lot of trouble contacting Grenadier direct.
I am in for March production and have been advised its still "on track", but I think it must be going back.
Still, very excited about it as it will spend most of its time in the Flinders Ranges and the deserts between SA and the Northern Territory.
Using my trusty D2 in the Simpson and recently did the Madigan Line in it, but it is getting a bit tired.
Top Cat

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Many a good tune played on an ol' fiddle!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi all
Watching all this from afar. I think I am the furthest away from the action here in South Australia, 16,000kms from UK as the crow flies. My dealership hasn't even arrived in the state yet!!!
My timeframe is different totally so I have a lot of trouble contacting Grenadier direct.
I am in for March production and have been advised its still "on track", but I think it must be going back.
Still, very excited about it as it will spend most of its time in the Flinders Ranges and the deserts between SA and the Northern Territory.
Using my trusty D2 in the Simpson and recently did the Madigan Line in it, but it is getting a bit tired.
Top Cat
I can understand why you keep taking those tracks away from Adelaide.......................................but why do you keep going back???

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
An update to my orders.

As I had written, I had some problems to change the configuration of my original order. With the help of Steve from Halliwell Jones Chester ((y)) it finally went through today. :)

So I am now a bit relaxed, AND I have applied for the Special Vehicle Launch. :cool:

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, a great car but the War Office wont let me have 3 Landy's and a Grenadier
Your War Office sounds a bit like my FPO (Fun Prevention Officer)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And make sure you have enough money food and water for at least one month

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great advice guys!! here were you thirty years go when I made that fateful decision???? :)
First I read „fatal decision“ and I have been a little concerned. Fateful is far better 😀

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
An update of my second order, made August 9th.

The build date is now given as February 2023.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
An update on the status.

I recently (October 1st) received the rendered video of my ordered Grenadier.

The change to leather was visible. But the color was still - Sterling Silver. 👿

Since the renderings are almost certainly based on the existing configuration, I opened a ticket to clarify the status. This took until today. Elizabeth told me that I will get a new video (...) and that they will change the color to Donny Grey. Hallelujah! 🙏

I'll believe it when I get my contract. But I said it right away: it's an adventure. But I'm currently not so sure I still really love it.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is INSANE - they definitely said that you could change colour without affecting the order. I wouldn't be happy either.
Have a look at the video of the factory at how the vehicles are painted.
Really large volume car manufacturers may run a number of different paint lines, with different colours, but low volume have to change the paint line with extensive cleaning required in between each colour.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos have bespoke Geico Takisha booths and Dürr equipment in their brand new paintshop.

When you read the specs on what's possible now, it's mind blowing. Almost zero overspray, two tone paint finishes or stripes added with no masking, choice of 36 colours and colour changes done in less than 10 seconds with around 10ml of paint wasted.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos have bespoke Geico Takisha booths and Dürr equipment in their brand new paintshop.

When you read the specs on what's possible now, it's mind blowing. Almost zero overspray, two tone paint finishes or stripes added with no masking, choice of 36 colours and colour changes done in less than 10 seconds with around 10ml of paint wasted.
Sounds good. I wonder why they say a colour change may delay your order and why the black roof needs to go through paint twice.
Also seems strange that they wrap the nose when they could just spay the orange or red

Back
Top Bottom