The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I am just going to leave this here .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score

Editor in chief of EVO magazine . I have no issues people disliking something or even hating it . But the thing that i believe is unacceptable is calling something dangerous just because you dont like it . From what i can see no justification has been given to why he thinks it’s dangerous . Only some faffing about the steering .

Would expect more from an automotive journalist . Again i am all for free speech and everyone has their opinion but i think you can call the Gren a lot of things but dangerous is not one of them .

Discuss……

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Editor in chief of EVO magazine . I have no issues people disliking something or even hating it . But the thing that i believe is unacceptable is calling something dangerous just because you dont like it . From what i can see no justification has been given to why he thinks it’s dangerous . Only some faffing about the steering .

Would expect more from an automotive journalist . Again i am all for free speech and everyone has their opinion but i think you can call the Gren a lot of things but dangerous is not one of them .

Discuss……
Evo is a British automobile magazine dedicated to performance cars, from hot hatches to supercars. Their quote, plus boy-racers, my addition. So what would they know or understand about an off-roader. I wouldn't lose sleep over his comments.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Evo is a British automobile magazine dedicated to performance cars, from hot hatches to supercars. Their quote, plus boy-racers, my addition. So what would they know or understand about an off-roader. I wouldn't lose sleep over his comments.
I am definitely not losing sleep over this could not care less what they say . The point i wanted to make is that if you are a professional in any field you sometimes need to choose your words more carefully even if that subsection of the field is not your specialty.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
I am definitely not losing sleep over this could not care less what they say . The point i wanted to make is that if you are a professional in any field you sometimes need to choose your words more carefully even if that subsection of the field is not your specialty.
Sadly, the libel laws in the UK are pretty slack. But if I were Sir Jim, I would legally punch that guy!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think magna steyr would take more offense than anyone .

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Well, how does a poor editor in chief get attention? By portraying something badly, with striking statements that lack any explanation. Everyone can do without his comments.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This man is probably seated in the same first class carriage as a certain Cotswold farmer aboard the JLR Gravy Train.

Still, the way JLR are going with parts shortages, repair times, mass theft and uninsurability (at least in the U.K.) of their products; they will probably soon stop dishing out such generous freebies to the gatekeepers of automotive opinion (bullshit merchants).

Local time
Reaction score
This man is probably seated in the same first class carriage as a certain Cotswold farmer aboard the JLR Gravy Train.

Still, the way JLR are going with parts shortages, repair times, mass theft and uninsurability (at least in the U.K.) of their products; they will probably soon stop dishing out such generous freebies to the gatekeepers of automotive opinion (bullshit merchants).
Nuff said JOB

Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
I don’t have X so I couldn’t read the article but what was meant by: Ineos has pumped in an extra €700m taking the total to €1.7bn?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t have X so I couldn’t read the article but what was meant by: Ineos has pumped in an extra €700m taking the total to €1.7bn?
I perceived it as “throwing good money after bad “ .
What i see it as is Ineos backing their customers and fixing issues with out trying to weasel out of them .

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somebody will always complain. The Grenadier is built for purpose (driving off the road and in difficult terrain) - and people who do not have this purpose should purchase another vehicle. There is no such thing as having speed of a F1 vehicle, comfort and silence of a Rolls Royce, fuel efficency of 3l/100km like an old audi, driving emissions like a Tesla, parking capabilities of a smart, Load like a HGV and OffRoad capabilities like the Grenader.. (everything at once) .. and of course all bling bling that will never fail. At the end low taxes, low insurance and operative cost next to 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
people who do not have this purpose should purchase another vehicle. There is no such thing as having speed of a F1 vehicle, comfort and silence of a Rolls Royce, fuel efficency of 3l/100km like an old audi, driving emissions like a Tesla, parking capabilities of a smart, Load like a HGV and OffRoad capabilities like the Grenader.. (everything at once) .. and of course all bling bling that will never fail. At the end low taxes, low insurance and operative cost next to 0
You've never met the American consumer hahaha

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You've never met the American consumer hahaha
Oh .. European consumers and also commercial purchasers are the very same.. I was working with a purchasing dpt of a large company. Was really embarrassing to attend the negotiation meetings.

Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
I perceived it as “throwing good money after bad “ .
What i see it as is Ineos backing their customers and fixing issues with out trying to weasel out of them .
Does that mean the total amount that has been invested is 2.4b? If Ineos makes 30k grenadiers @ 70k (USD , gross) back to HQ…seems like Jim will make his money back. Did I miss something?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are not in the business of losing money. That at least is sure .

Back
Top Bottom