The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

HVAC controls and directed airflow

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Stopped using Auto ages ago after getting jack of the fogged windscreen thing, and my life is better for it.

I get a really annoying whistle when using face+footwell setting that increases with ground speed, so its either face or footwell for me. Also get a regular cascading water sound from behind the dash which I believe is HVAC related (car is kept undercover and generally out of the rain), strangely this occurs even with the air-con switch off (sounds like water coming off the aircon evaporator). I get the feeling the air-con still activates to some extent even if dash switch is off.
I have the whistle too while on face + footwell if over 2 in setting.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm aware but that's now how circular vents normally work.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Stopped using Auto ages ago after getting jack of the fogged windscreen thing, and my life is better for it.

I get a really annoying whistle when using face+footwell setting that increases with ground speed, so its either face or footwell for me. Also get a regular cascading water sound from behind the dash which I believe is HVAC related (car is kept undercover and generally out of the rain), strangely this occurs even with the air-con switch off (sounds like water coming off the aircon evaporator). I get the feeling the air-con still activates to some extent even if dash switch is off.

I've heard this sound twice now, both the morning after rain or water. I wonder if it's water being let in via the exterior inlet? Maybe it's pooling?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
What type of HVAC system do we have? I thought I read somewhere that it's more of a heat pump versus a traditional A/C unit?

Also read on Facebook of a gentleman who picked up his Grenadier in Seattle. He then drove it to Boise and back to Seattle for a shake down run. The A/C didn't work properly. Ended up needing both reservoirs filled and the system bleed for air bubbles. Success after that.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
I checked both coolant reservoirs a few drives after picking it up. Both were below the low mark. Topped up and no issues since. It think this is a regular check.

Heat works well, AC works well (not had 70F+ days to really test), and surprisingly the windscreen stays clear even though I have never selected windscreen or defrost. My only HVAC observation is the slot machine effect of turning it on or adjusting a knob - you never really know what you’ll get for the next 30 seconds!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom