The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How will you build it?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
The best use for them in my opinion will be a maxxtraxx mount

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know the exact dimensions, but would mounting on the side, by means of the Utility Rail, require a short version of the MaxxTraxx product?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
I don’t know the exact dimensions, but would mounting on the side, by means of the Utility Rail, require a short version of the MaxxTraxx product?

yeah the long version won’t fit if you want to open the second row doors. You could maybe do a build out wherein one of the second row doors don’t open (build a taller storage there inside maybe). However since the utility rails are not contiguous from the second row to the luggage section I don’t know how practical the mount would be

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
Not sure how you would open the rear door , but you could potentially mount traxx vertically to a better version of the rear ladder.The ladder that looks too close to the body.Of course you'd lose some visibility.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I do think there might be a chance to mount the regular maxtrax vertically behind the rear wheel well. It’s 45” long and about 13” wide. It should fit there vertically with maybe an inch jutting behind the truck. The ladder would still sit proud of that. It will impede the gull wing windows if you choose that option

SteveGren

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Paachi said:
The utility rails are basically airline rails used extensively in the aero cargo industry and are an industry standard. You can get different kind of hooks for them to strap, tie down or hang stuff off of. Good place to put a smaller maxtrax and make it into a table. I’d be more curious to understand their load ability and if they are mounted at reinforced points before strapping heavier things like fuel into them. The doors are aluminum skinned after all

The idea kinda reminds me of the Molle attachment points you can install on the inside of a vehicle (I have seatback molle panels in my Landcruiser).  There are like the outside equivalent, but for much heavier gear?

Back
Top Bottom