The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How will you build it?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
d1rty said:
Is green with white roof too cliche?

Also, love the safari windows.  Very interested to see how the options prices play out.

Never, that was my original build, now of course I'm on build 16 of a lot more, its a long time until 2023....

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
I am with you on the white steel rims but, with regard to the “Safari Windows”,  I would like to share my experience with the pop-up ‘moon roof’ panel on my Defender (which I think is similar). I live in a hot desert climate and, even though I have air conditioning, the sun can really start to broil me when it beams in through that overhead glass. And, when the vehicle is washed, the interior also gets a shower from water leaking past the 24 year old “seals” around the glass.

I understand that was part of the climate control system on the original defenders ?

But, I do hear you -- those seals are critical. My thinking is that these hatches look pretty good because they don't look like automotive parts -- they look like the kinds of hatches I've seen on boats. That makes sense given the designers pedigree, but the takeaway for me is that the Ineos was designed by a guy who knows the importance of good hatches.

And if he doesn't, I guess I'll consider it part of the Grenadiers climate control system too!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Another nod to the designers prior role in the maritime sector is the switchgear, namely the placement, appearance and more importantly spacing between the switches on the overhead panels. The access to electrical connections behind, if they keep the current placement will be very good, even class leading ha. 
These appear to be typical maritime specification switches and the labeling which some have slated is suspiciously sized for some dyno tape to be placed over it for renaming things. I just wish they’d move the toot button away from the audio controls on the steering wheel. 

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
I am with you on the white steel rims but, with regard to the “Safari Windows”,  I would like to share my experience with the pop-up ‘moon roof’ panel on my Defender (which I think is similar). I live in a hot desert climate and, even though I have air conditioning, the sun can really start to broil me when it beams in through that overhead glass. And, when the vehicle is washed, the interior also gets a shower from water leaking past the 24 year old “seals” around the glass.

I grew up in Arizona, so I'm not usually a fan of glass roofs and dark colors.  I don't live there anymore, now living in a quite damp environment, and now my concern is the long-term life of the weather seals.

I love the look, but when it comes time to put the money down and place the order, I might end up skipping the safari windows.  But the white top is a must.  You can take the boy out of the desert, but you can't take the desert out of the boy.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
For me its a utility 5 door , and colour is between dark blue, dark green and mushroom. The options id choose would be lockers, aux switches, RAI, winch and camp table. 

Safari windows look cool, but would Have to be price dependent!  Can't wait for a propper test drive in one, the 2b tour was impressive, but there's nothing like driving yourself 

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Looking at the 5 door retail. Metallic red, black roof, safari windows, rock sliders and switchgear. Bit concerned about the seals going, but I've really enjoyed having a sunroof in vehicles before, and having the light come into the cabin can make a huge difference for the quality of the journeys that I tend to do.

Keen to see slightly wider rock sliders that act like steps after seeing the prospeed ones on the D4 a while ago

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The rock sliders is something I think the aftermarket might end up addressing better. Even the rock sliders from Ineos seem to be a bit lower than I’d prefer. Look at the huge clearance with the body. 
I really do wish we can get steps and sliders which are well tucked

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I do agree Paachi, but how long will those sliders take to come to market? I mean I'm not against fabricating some up myself, but the price of metal these days means that's not even super cheap. I'd rather spec the ineos ones and get straight out there with the Vehicle, than wait for the aftermarket and ding up my sills in the mean time ?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos so far has a knack for doing things differently. For the sliders I agree - I want a step slider so I can get easy access to the roof.

But then, none of my vehicles have had a “utility belt”. If an accessory can make use of the utility belt for a step for roof access, the “sliders as steps” may be less critical.

I’ll be interested to see what they come up with!

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree. Having seen the paucity of aftermarket stuff of a niche vehicle like my G Wagen I can only imagine how it’d be for the Grenadier. That being said I like what Ineos has done so far so I am gonna spec out these accessories from factory. If the aftermarket produces something better then upgrades could be done. 
spjnr I’m in the same place as you with my color choices. The white/ mushroom or the green or blue with a white roof. Post box will paint my 17” steelies white
basically I am recreating my old defender ?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Paachi said:
basically I am recreating my old defender
1f923.png

So is Jim Ratcliffe so you are in good company! And thanks to him, it’s easier for us to do it ?

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
I am excited to see how many accessories and options exist come ordering time.

We plan to build a five-door station in green with a white roof. Add sliders, fender scuff protectors, and every other open checkmark. Round it out with 17" alloys and order some 17" steelies for trail wheels.

Continue checking boxes for the interior, upgrade seats to leather, but keep the spray out floors.

Would love diesel with lockers. We'll see what's available on '23.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another thought about the “Safari Windows” in the roof: On a bright day, ‘glare’ from these windows might interfere with the driver’s vision when looking upwards to identify a switch on the overhead panel.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
Another thought about the “Safari Windows” in the roof: On a bright day, ‘glare’ from these windows might interfere with the driver’s vision when looking upwards to identify a switch on the overhead panel.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen the rivian glass panoramic roof? It has a sort of tint that cuts out the glare. Wonder If that will be incorporated? 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Will likely tick most of the extras boxes. What is the exterior utility belt?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Im pretty sure its like a set of bedrails on a truck. There is going to be a standard fitting to attach shovel holders, 
Jerry cans etc to them. Also it should make it easier for aftermarket vendors to integrate their products to the grenadier platform.

Some of the members here have seen the grenadier, pre production in the flesh, although I'm not sure if they have seen the utility rails.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The utility rails are basically airline rails used extensively in the aero cargo industry and are an industry standard. You can get different kind of hooks for them to strap, tie down or hang stuff off of. Good place to put a smaller maxtrax and make it into a table. I’d be more curious to understand their load ability and if they are mounted at reinforced points before strapping heavier things like fuel into them. The doors are aluminum skinned after all

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Well they are an excellent idea. I hate digging around for stuff in the back or on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom