The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How important is fuel economy to you?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm with your wife on that one. At the end of the day it is what it is, and if it is not in your gift to change it, don't monitor it nor worry about it.
Unless it is needed for business/accountant purposes.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I keep a log of everry fill up, it drives my wife mad.... On my petrol Fieldmaster, the computer over states by about 3.9%. The low MPG was towing a heavy trailer and car - at the 3.5 tonne limit, the last 1,500 miles have generally been at the speed limit apart from when I got caught by an average speed camera... Overall the MPG seems to be getting better as the engine loosens up and the Trendline is in the right direction!

View attachment 7821271
That spreadsheet is brilliant but, like my fascination with my Traxxas remote control Land Rover, something best kept secret. 😁

Local time
Reaction score
I keep a log of everry fill up, it drives my wife mad.... On my petrol Fieldmaster, the computer over states by about 3.9%. The low MPG was towing a heavy trailer and car - at the 3.5 tonne limit, the last 1,500 miles have generally been at the speed limit apart from when I got caught by an average speed camera... Overall the MPG seems to be getting better as the engine loosens up and the Trendline is in the right direction!

View attachment 7821271
Your wife might be going mad for this but we really do appreciate the effort it was just about what I was looking for.
Regards
Riccardo

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I know fuel and I know economy but fuel economy uhmm not sure
But also isn't in all our best interest to put more money in the fuel to thrive the economy? ;)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
I know fuel and I know economy but fuel economy uhmm not sure
But also isn't in all our best interest to put more money in the fuel to thrive the economy? ;)
We need to drive consumption to uneconomical levels to spur a real energy change. That and remove existing CO2.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Just did a 1000km round trip. Diesel. On the blacktop all the way. Average speed 80kph. Max motorway speed was 100kph - set by GPS not by the speedo. Used cruise control a lot. Fuel use was 11.1 L/100km.

Incidentally the speedo reads 3 Kph higher than actual on motorway speeds from 60-110kph.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just did a 1000km round trip. Diesel. On the blacktop all the way. Average speed 80kph. Max motorway speed was 100kph - set by GPS not by the speedo. Used cruise control a lot. Fuel use was 11.1 L/100km.

Incidentally the speedo reads 3 Kph higher than actual on motorway speeds from 60-110kph
That's not bad for mileage for having the Grenadier riding on a lorry - almost impressive!

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Diesel version. Now 4700 km on the ODO in tree weeks. Normal driving mix traffic puts me at +/- 11,4 l/100 km. I did a trip from Belgium to Poland and Back. Driving 125 - 130km/h with 90% on the motorway. consumption 12,4 l/100 km.
My Defender 110 TD5 gets at 10l/100 km for normal traffic mix. Around +11 liter/100km if used mainly at the motorway with a max speed of +/- 110 km/h (but heavily loaded, including rooftop tent, awing, toolbox on the roof, fridge and gear inside etc... dressed as an overlander)
The grenadier had only me and my wive inside and maybe 120 kg of luggage, fridge and camping stuff. Nothing on the roof, no roof rack,... so slim fit.
And by the way. Speed is limited to 166km/h on the speedo. On the GPS that would be 160km/h I think.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At $2.27 AUD / L fpr petrol: - there sure must be a lot of newly acquired RAM and F-Truck drivers (mostly jacked up Tradies) throwing wads of cash into the back yard fire pit... ouch.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
At $2.27 AUD / L fpr petrol: - there sure must be a lot of newly acquired RAM and F-Truck drivers (mostly jacked up Tradies) throwing wads of cash into the back yard fire pit... ouch.
I figured in Oz most of the US-based trucks coming in would be diesel instead of petrol... Either way, for $5.52USD/US Gallon ($2.27AUD/L), that doesn't seem like a crazy fuel price; only about $0.70USD/gallon more than some parts of the US

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
I figured in Oz most of the US-based trucks coming in would be diesel instead of petrol... Either way, for $5.52USD/US Gallon ($2.27AUD/L), that doesn't seem like a crazy fuel price; only about $0.70USD/gallon more than some parts of the US
Uh, gas is $3.49 in my neck of the woods so, $5.52 sounds like Commiefornia prices (on a good day!).

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom