The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How important is fuel economy to you?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
ls it a 15p with the updated dash? HT or genuine SW?
l may be interested depending on the price and condition.

The injector harness is almost a service item. Although there's now a modified one available that solves the oil migration problem.
SWB hard top with four sideways facing seats in the rear. Any link for the upgraded wiring loom?

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 30

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Defender is a 2002 Td5 SWB County in black. Owned it for 20 years and it has been faultless in its 120,000 miles. I do now need to change the wiring loom (2nd time in 15 years), from rocker cover to ECU as oil migrates and contaminates the ECU. Will do that before selling, as well as full service and check. Don't want to sell anyone a bad vehicle.
That’s normal for the TD5 loom to the ECU, I have one with 146,000 miles, 2005 and still going strong!

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
For those interested I have some more (metric) fuel consumption figures from my last trip.

970 km, highway at 133 kph (130 GPS) through France resulted in 18,7l/100km

Did the return on cruise control at 103 kph (100 GPS) and that resulted in 12,9l/100km.

Grenadier Trialmaster, petrol, winch, Blacksheep full roof rack and side window carriers, 4 PAX and 200 kg of luggage on board.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
John, I was in Helmsley for a few weeks end of last summer. Was that your Grenadier I saw in the market square? I got to drinking with some lads from Riveaulx and I forgot to make contact with the vehicles owner.
That will have been me, only 25 minutes away from where I live! I hope you enjoyed North Yorkshire, Helmsley is a good place.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back on topic
Carried out a test this week. My diesel Grenadier records average fuel consumption at 22 mpg. A real test of litres used against miles done, shows 24.9 MPG (UK).

Local time
Reaction score
That's not bad. l can get my Defender D250 daily average below 25mpg round town (5-10 trips of under 8 miles between customers)

As a test, driving carefully in "ECO" mode today l achieved 37mpg on one trip.
Despite this, my average for today was still 25mpg
lt's the two mile hill out of my village that kills the daily average. l can get to the top of that with 13mpg showing, if l lived somewhere flat like Norfolk l reckon l could better 30mpg in day to day use.

IMG_2268.jpeg

Last edited:

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some measured fuel consumption driving just under 250 miles, mixed roads including about 120 motorway/autoroute/highway miles - 27.63 miles per imperial gallon, brim to brim using the same diesel fuel pump start and end.
Pretty decent imo for such a heavy truck shaped like a brick.

Back
Top Bottom