The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General High Pressure & Low Pressure Coolant Tanks

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
This is an admirably systematic inspection, I’m enjoying it very much.

I am rather prone to immediate, ill-considered disassembly so there is something to learn for me in the whole approach.
Actually @DCPU is working on the next Haynes Manual - The Grenadier 🎖️

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the picture of my petrol B58 right hand drive. What is the reservoir top left with blue cap and also top right with black cap.
Bottom right I know is power steering fluid
Small white tank with black cap on left is brake fluid I’m guessing. The handbook does not describe the layout of the engine bay.
Thanks
IMG_1737.jpeg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the manual:

There are two reservoirs, the main coolant reservoir for high temperature components and the auxiliary reservoir for low temperature components. Both reservoirs work independently, however if one is using more coolant than the other and needs topping up more frequently this could be a sign of malfunction and should be seen by an INEOS approved partner.
The high temperature reservoir and the auxiliary low temperature circuit reservoir are located in the engine bay, the high temperature reservoir being the larger of the two.
  1. Remove the coolant cap by rotating anti-clockwise, until the cap is removed. To check the levels of fluid notice there is a low and maximum level indicator visible on the inside of the tank itself.
  2. Add the correct specified coolant fluid to the reservoir, until the level reaches the maximum marker. It is important not to overfill the reservoir above the maximum or leave the coolant level below minimum.
  3. Once appropriately filled re-apply the coolant cap by rotating clockwise until tight.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll have to pay more attention when reading the manual. 👍🏼

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out what 'the correct specified coolant fluid' is?? Can't seem to find that detail in the manual or on the tank caps...
Open the caps - there are Low and High marks inside. Fill between the two!

Same with all BMWs!

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Open the caps - there are Low and High marks inside. Fill between the two!

Same with all BMWs!
Yes yes, I see that but it says to use and I quote 'the correct specified coolant fluid'. I can't seem to find in the manual what the 'correct' fluid is?

Local time
Reaction score
Not mentioned here but usually coolant levels are checked when cold. Is this same with IG?

Concerning the type of coolant fluid there are two basic glycol types:
  • Older green or blue
  • Later nitrate free for longer exchange intervals, usually red, orange or yellow
Picture shows green fluid but does somebody know which type the specified BMW stuff is?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not mentioned here but usually coolant levels are checked when cold. Is this same with IG?

Concerning the type of coolant fluid there are two basic glycol types:
  • Older green or blue
  • Later nitrate free for longer exchange intervals, usually red, orange or yellow
Picture shows green fluid but does somebody know which type the specified BMW stuff is?
Heres the information that I have. First One is from this forum and the other I picked up in southern Africa somewhere. IMG_0952.jpegIMG_0951.jpeg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes yes, I see that but it says to use and I quote 'the correct specified coolant fluid'. I can't seem to find in the manual what the 'correct' fluid is?
Apologies - not level - but fluid type. Anyway the sharp guys have answered. Ive made a print out of all the fluid types which I carry in the car!

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
BMW 83195A42DF3
My dealer Magic in Perth wasn’t able to advise an equivalent retail product and I have also been unsuccessful……. but the BMW dealer, a 2 minute walk from the Magic Ineos showroom sold me a 1.5l bottle of concentrate for just over $25. Pretty good value I reckon.

cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s the coolant i use for various machinery inc tractors ,generators plant equipment etc. Can be mixed with any type and colour of coolant. I haven't used any in the Grenadier yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom