The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas High altitude report

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my TM last week from Red Noland in COS, and so far everything is working perfectly.
Took it up and over Berthoud Pass in CO 11,300 ft (3450m) Gas tank was full and 650lb (300kg) of people and cargo. Plenty of power. Not sure what the critical altitude is for this version of the B58, but it was having no issues and there was plenty of power left. Downhill engine braking was OK (heavy truck and 6 cylinder gas motor, so not expecting miracles). Parked it outside overnight intentionally at 9F (-12c). Starts fine, heated seats get hot really quick (most impressive seat heaters I have ever experienced).
Otherwise, took out on snow packed trail to try out all the 4wd operations, everything works as expected, lockers engage and disengage easily, transfer case is solid and I love having it not be electronic.
Only gripe (besides ADAS) is the off-road mode seems to turn off the backup camera (not sure why that makes sense, or if Im just missing a setting)
Otherwise couldn't be happier with the delivered product

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my TM last week from Red Noland in COS, and so far everything is working perfectly.
Took it up and over Berthoud Pass in CO 11,300 ft (3450m) Gas tank was full and 650lb (300kg) of people and cargo. Plenty of power. Not sure what the critical altitude is for this version of the B58, but it was having no issues and there was plenty of power left. Downhill engine braking was OK (heavy truck and 6 cylinder gas motor, so not expecting miracles). Parked it outside overnight intentionally at 9F (-12c). Starts fine, heated seats get hot really quick (most impressive seat heaters I have ever experienced).
Otherwise, took out on snow packed trail to try out all the 4wd operations, everything works as expected, lockers engage and disengage easily, transfer case is solid and I love having it not be electronic.
Only gripe (besides ADAS) is the off-road mode seems to turn off the backup camera (not sure why that makes sense, or if Im just missing a setting)

Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait for mine! Happy New Year!!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for report. Enjoy!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the review.... My new favorite question, how is the HVAC working?

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
HVAC seems totally fine, no issues with outside temps in the single digits (F), plenty of heat for rear seats as well, I'm running it in Auto mode. Obviously not able to check the AC at this time :)

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Follow up on the heated seats. First time I've come across seats with 3 settings...
Stun, kill, and disintegrate.
One thing I learned about the Brits with my 96 Discovery ... no heated seats but does have dual zones - heating not an issue! Cooling another matter 😂

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You aren't missing a setting... It used to be selectable, and on the MY24s it is no longer.... Rumor has it that it will return in a later update

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Great report. I really think off road cameras are so common, Ineos should add them just as sway bar disconnects should be. I realize it adds complexity, but lets face it, the electronic bugs from what is required certainly cannot get much worse. As long as they do not stick them in stupid places like create 6,000.00 tail lights, or in bumpers that will be modified later.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just finished my test drive(s). The only disappointment was the back up camera. It’s way behind every other camera I’ve used. Not a deal breaker by any means. I’ll adapt.

therealbrucedickinson

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Chris - picking mine up from Red Noland this weekend. Bummed the white lettering is facing out on my tires and they want to charge me to switch it?!

Back
Top Bottom