The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from USA and Puerto Rico

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I found this forum searching for MPG gas vs diesel, so disappointed that US will only get gas.  Range is so limited.  Have two reservations, one for US and one for Puerto Rico.  Happy to be here. 

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Missed your reply in the forum transition, thanks. We have a rain forest here in PR and lots of Land Cruisers I thought I would shake things up a bit plus muddy places and mountains and some surf fishing, . I don't know if they will put a dealership here but since we have BMW dealerships, I figure I can get it worked on if need be. I checked the dimensions and I can't check the thing for baggage so I figure when I am back in the states, need one there too. Call me crazy.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
El Junke (sorry for the misspelling) would be a great place to take the Grenadier!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Yes you're crazy. But I wish I could afford this kind of crazyness. (y)

What do you do in Puerto Rico? Holydays? Job? Looking for a bride?

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you're crazy. But I wish I could afford this kind of crazyness. (y)

What do you do in Puerto Rico? Holydays? Job? Looking for a bride?
I have a tech company and we build customer software. No, not looking for a bride. But do plan to get a pilot's license at some point. (I see your avatar, ferry flight? I see the life jacket ) And if I can get an EU delivery I would go for that and drive around Europe before bringing it back here.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am just a PPL owner. No ferry flight but a flight to Sweden crossing the sea. Thus the life vest.

If you nead a seasoned c++ developer & architect or an i5/system-i expert or a linux insider or alltogether ...

... just tell me. ;-)

Last edited:

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I am just a PPL owner. No ferry flight but a flight to Sweden crossing the sea. Thus the live vest.

If you nead a seasoned c++ developer & architect or an i5/system-i expert or a linux insider or alltogether ...

... just tell me. ;-)
We are all Java/Angular but thanks.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's at least way better than dotnet.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No, left of course.

Don't yet have a helicopter license ;-)

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Your profile picture looks like you are sitting on the right. Clearly not. Volunteer the aircraft you are in?

I don't have a license but it is on my bucket list of To Dos. My eventual goal is to not be a pilot but to HAVE a pilot. Then I know I am doing well.

Always watching those ferry flights on youtube with perhaps a DA62 heading this way. I can't wait to get away from commercial, it gets worse every year and more expensive and have to show up earlier and earlier and don't know if you will arrive with everything you left with.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You should know that it is an effortful task to maintain a pilot license.

Here you have a better perspective.

The bridge is the "Öresund" brigde, the view is from Malmö (Sweden) to Kopenhagen. The airplane is a Piper PA28 Archer II. The pictures were taken by my son which was on the backseat. The guy on the right is a friend which is a very experienced pilot.

Attachments

• 20160419_091210_UTC_1620x1080.JPG
    20160419_091210_UTC_1620x1080.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160419_091350_UTC_1620x1080.JPG
    20160419_091350_UTC_1620x1080.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160419_100905_1620x1080.JPG
    20160419_100905_1620x1080.JPG
    483.5 KB · Views: 5

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
Great shot of the Öresund bridge. I’ve sailed under it.

Now we just need someone who has driven over it.

Last edited:

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
You should know that it is an effortful task to maintain a pilot license.

Here you have a better perspective.

The bridge is the "Öresund" brigde, the view is from Malmö (Sweden) to Kopenhagen. The airplane is a Piper PA28 Archer II. The pictures were taken by my son which was on the backseat. The guy on the right is a friend which is a very experienced pilot.
Archer II I don't think I will fit in. Yes, I have to clear some things off my plate before I can focus on a Private Pilot's license. Mostly want it as an accomplishment and if I feel the need to get my own plane for me to fly, then I need to decide if I want to put the regular time in or get an experienced PIC to tote me and others places.

Local time
Reaction score
I found this forum searching for MPG gas vs diesel, so disappointed that US will only get gas. Range is so limited. Have two reservations, one for US and one for Puerto Rico. Happy to be here.
Another PR Grenadier! I have a friend in Puerto Rico who's also looking at getting one.

Have you had any friction, apart from the excise tax? And do you think there's a difference between ordering on the mainland and bringing it over vs ordering it in PR?

USandPR

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Another PR Grenadier! I have a friend in Puerto Rico who's also looking at getting one.

Have you had any friction, apart from the excise tax? And do you think there's a difference between ordering on the mainland and bringing it over vs ordering it in PR?
To my knowledge there is not a dealer in PR therefore a moot point. The tax will probably be 15%! Unless I can be creative with how I use the vehicle.

I can also say that there is an empty space where the DEF tank would go on the gas, I hear rumor someone may be making an Aux tank for that space, probem solved gas vs diesel range, really would not want to find or carry DEF anyway. Not an issue in PR but elsewhere....

Back
Top Bottom