The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello to the forum . . . working on a review of the Grenadier

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a writer, former editor of Overland Journal and former co-owner of the Overland Expo. I'm writing a review of the Grenadier for Wheels Afield magazine here in the states, after spending a day driving one. Lots of great information here!
Welcome, look forward to reading your review

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Welcome! You’ll find it’s a knowledgeable and enthusiastic forum. Seems the grenadier attracts a unique demographic. I think the Ineos tag line of “Built on Purpose” fits the prospective buyers as well. From what I’ve seen, the forum is filled with people who are genuinely interested in this vehicle precisely because they see it as built for them; for their respective use case.
Hope you find some useful information and I look forward to reading your review

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a writer, former editor of Overland Journal and former co-owner of the Overland Expo. I'm writing a review of the Grenadier for Wheels Afield magazine here in the states, after spending a day driving one. Lots of great information here!
Welcome here! And best regards to Arizona!

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We had fun at the overland expo in Colorado last August (went to see the Grenadier). We are planning on heading to Flagstaff for the next one (and to visit friends there). Look forward to your review! If you are short on things to write about let me know, I have some thoughts… Welcome to the forum!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Welcome.

Is anyone else wondering why journos in the US apparently got to drive the IG comprehensively over technical terrain and review them and they aren’t on the radar to get it anytime soon, and other than customer drive days no journos from Europe SA or Australia seem to have done a proper test yet??
What do you think is going on there?

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome.

Is anyone else wondering why journos in the US apparently got to drive the IG comprehensively over technical terrain and review them and they aren’t on the radar to get it anytime soon, and other than customer drive days no journos from Europe SA or Australia seem to have done a proper test yet??
There were a bunch of reviews a while back from European and Australian motor journalists - though they weren't comprehensive reviews involving any real testing. So you probably know about those, but want something more substantive. If - on the off chance that you haven't seen any of those - here is a sampling:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome.

Maybe they are trying to attract dealers to sign on rather than customers.
They don’t have that problem anywhere else.
You will find lots of very early reviews by journalists in Australia, UK, SA & Germany On YouTube of the very early prototypes

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There were a bunch of reviews a while back from European and Australian motor journalists - though they weren't comprehensive reviews involving any real testing. So you probably know about those, but want something more substantive. If - on the off chance that you haven't seen any of those - here is a sampling:

That’s probably because they were very early prototypes

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe they are trying to attract dealers to sign on rather than customers.
They don’t have that problem anywhere else.
You will find lots of very early reviews by journalists in Australia, UK, SA & Germany On YouTube of the very early prototypes
Yeah but nothing of any substance. Lots or words and little driving other than on sloppy mud pits. Certainly nothing like the very first vid to come out of the US.
Unless you count ASPW getting a hard on 😂😂

Anyway it won’t be long and we’ll no doubt get more reviews than we can handle. I just thought it odd that the first decent review came out of the only country that can’t even order the IG for another 6 months.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah but nothing of any substance. Lots or words and little driving other than on sloppy mud pits. Certainly nothing like the very first vid to come out of the US.
Unless you count ASPW getting a hard on 😂😂

Anyway it won’t be long and we’ll no doubt get more reviews than we can handle. I just thought it odd that the first decent review came out of the only country that can’t even order the IG for another 6 months.
I bet there will be a flood of reviews soon.
They have probably been done but have a hold until a certain date
Every new car launch seems to do that

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Actually, every Grenadier that has been driven so far, in Europe or the U.S., is technically a prototype. Ineos is still diligently collecting data and input on the vehicles, and undoubtedly still tweaking components and programing. Unlike major automotive manufacturers, I don't think they are under any particular deadline to produce a "2022" or even a "2023" model. They genuinely seem to be striving to eliminate every possible new-model glitch before delivering customer vehicles. I for one applaud how they're going about it. There is certainly nothing "going on."

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, every Grenadier that has been driven so far, in Europe or the U.S., is technically a prototype. Ineos is still diligently collecting data and input on the vehicles, and undoubtedly still tweaking components and programing. Unlike major automotive manufacturers, I don't think they are under any particular deadline to produce a "2022" or even a "2023" model. They genuinely seem to be striving to eliminate every possible new-model glitch before delivering customer vehicles. I for one applaud how they're going about it. There is certainly nothing "going on."
I don’t get your point Jonathan?
We know they are all still prototypes and are still tweeking them, although if they are supposed to be in production right now they are leaving it a bit fine.
My question was why no one else has done decent drive reviews (or been able to publish them) to date like the US has recently published.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that we have finally seen some decent track driving, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you produce, it’s just strange that it’s taken up until now that you guys in the States have finalygot some drive time to see them.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unlike major automotive manufacturers, I don't think they are under any particular deadline to produce a "2022" or even a "2023" model.
You seem to be ignoring the bit where Ineos have repeatedly told those with orders that their car would be delivered soon, with soon being everything from July to December 2022, with each deadline passing only to be replaced with another one.

They genuinely seem to be striving to eliminate every possible new-model glitch before delivering customer vehicles.
Yes, maybe they are but that's perhaps more of a consequence of the delays getting the vehicle to market as opposed to the reason.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You seem to be ignoring the bit where Ineos have repeatedly told those with orders that their car would be delivered soon, with soon being everything from July to December 2022, with each deadline passing only to be replaced with another one.

Yes, maybe they are but that's perhaps more of a consequence of the delays getting the vehicle to market as opposed to the reason.
I Can’t remember a 1st of July delivery date?
1st orders were 18th May with contract 60 days after which was 18th July and build 30- 60 days after
I recall 1st September customer build date

Back
Top Bottom