The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from USA... You Lucky Bastards ;-)

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello Gang! Well while you lucky bastards are rolling around getting used to your Grenadiers us over here in the U.S. will be watching your videos, reading your reviews etc. for reportedly about a year before it's sold in the U.S.... without a diesel option.  Happy for you all, and I'll do my best to not buy a Ford Bronco and instead wait for the Grenadier reviews and aftermarket kit to roll in for comparison.  

I'm not entirely sold on the Grenadier, though I have come to accept that I have fallen in love with it... whether she's good for me me or not ;-)  She's young and hot, but she's got no experience in life. That said.. I'd ride the shit out of her regardless.  She seems to be super expensive and possibly high maintenance for those of us in the U.S. but that is not yet to be determined. Not having a diesel option is a big bummer to me since what I want to do with the rig is technical offroading with the ability to toe it's full towing capacity at elevation, but I heard that diesel is maybe a possibility in future years for the U.S.... but can I wait an additional year or two while watching you all fondle my girl without me?... not sure.... not sure.  On the one hand it would be greatly beneficial to let you all straighten her out over the first year or two after she's set free into the world... fix the low hanging fruit through her quick learning curve. On the other hand, 2-4 years is a long time to wait, on top of the year I've been waiting since I first saw this.  LOVE the internal switches and overall interior look. I'd add analogue spedo right in front of the driver, but that's just me. The exterior has that regal look to it... but not pompous... he's a young steed read to work, so long as you don't ask it to rock crawl by U.S. standards. What this rig seems to do is span the gap between the super technical (rock crawly) Bronco/Jeep, and the Defender. It's more about strength and towing with more interior room, which it trades for technical rock crawling prowess.  Being honest with myself, the towing capacity is probably more useful for me. 

All in all I'm looking forward to more specifics about the parts.  "beam axles", "purpose built" is not enough... I need numerical information such as how thick are the steering elements, axle, gears, shaft etc. All in due time and I'm looking forward to the journey with all of you :) 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and you get all the benefits of the early expriences shared with you

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Gang! Well while you lucky bastards are rolling around getting used to your Grenadiers us over here in the U.S. will be watching your videos, reading your reviews etc. for reportedly about a year before it's sold in the U.S.... without a diesel option. Happy for you all, and I'll do my best to not buy a Ford Bronco and instead wait for the Grenadier reviews and aftermarket kit to roll in for comparison.

I'm not entirely sold on the Grenadier, though I have come to accept that I have fallen in love with it... whether she's good for me me or not ;-) She's young and hot, but she's got no experience in life. That said.. I'd ride the shit out of her regardless. She seems to be super expensive and possibly high maintenance for those of us in the U.S. but that is not yet to be determined. Not having a diesel option is a big bummer to me since what I want to do with the rig is technical offroading with the ability to toe it's full towing capacity at elevation, but I heard that diesel is maybe a possibility in future years for the U.S.... but can I wait an additional year or two while watching you all fondle my girl without me?... not sure.... not sure. On the one hand it would be greatly beneficial to let you all straighten her out over the first year or two after she's set free into the world... fix the low hanging fruit through her quick learning curve. On the other hand, 2-4 years is a long time to wait, on top of the year I've been waiting since I first saw this. LOVE the internal switches and overall interior look. I'd add analogue spedo right in front of the driver, but that's just me. The exterior has that regal look to it... but not pompous... he's a young steed read to work, so long as you don't ask it to rock crawl by U.S. standards. What this rig seems to do is span the gap between the super technical (rock crawly) Bronco/Jeep, and the Defender. It's more about strength and towing with more interior room, which it trades for technical rock crawling prowess. Being honest with myself, the towing capacity is probably more useful for me.

All in all I'm looking forward to more specifics about the parts. "beam axles", "purpose built" is not enough... I need numerical information such as how thick are the steering elements, axle, gears, shaft etc. All in due time and I'm looking forward to the journey with all of you :)
I think of the Grenadier as more overlander rig. That's exactly the use-case that I'm interested in: long-distance travel over a mix of paved, gravel, dirt roads and beaches here in the America's (Canada, US, Mexico) with lots of camping/fishing with the family. (Like you, I also pay attention to tow capacity, for either a towed Patriot camper or Off-The-Grid trailer.) I think the Grenadier might just compete here in the U.S. with the Jeep Wrangler and the Bronco, rather than the Land Rover Defender. While the Wrangler and Bronco are ripe for owner modification to make them rock-crawlers, it will be interesting to see how the aftermarket reacts to the Grenadier, whether to take this platform in that direction, as each owner chooses. For now, I'm psyched to see Rhino Rack products are available as factory accessories. Looking further out, I'll be tracking whether the likes of ARB, Goose Gear, and others will take an interest in the Grenadier and develop products for this platform.

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
While the Wrangler and Bronco are ripe for owner modification to make them rock-crawlers, it will be interesting to see how the aftermarket reacts to the Grenadier, whether to take this platform in that direction, as each owner chooses. For now, I'm psyched to see Rhino Rack products are available as factory accessories. Looking further out, I'll be tracking whether the likes of ARB, Goose Gear, and others will take an interest in the Grenadier and develop products for this platform.

Totally, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the aftermarket responds and what will become available. You're absolutely right that the bronco and jeep are more geared (literally) toward rock crawling... less tow capacity... lighter etc.... but this vehicle is close in that general utility vehicle category. The Grenadier seems more like an "all arounder"... not sure it'll be great at any one thing, but maybe appealing for a wider market?... we'll see. Overlanding, as you say, would be great, so long as you don't need to climb all that extra weight over really steap, large obstacles. I'm just trying to figure out if I want version 1 or wait until version 2..... maybe they'll make it more like I want it, or give options for the way I want it.

Back
Top Bottom