The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Sussex (UK)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Hello all. Have a reservation in and await final configurations come 18 May all going well.

I'm up for the Trialmaster edition but so far two things really are causing confusion/indecision!

1) Diesel or Petrol, my heart wants diesel but my head says petrol. Annual mileage will not be high but I've always liked the extra torque and hopefully abuse resistance of the diesel when off-roading.

2) Why the difference in loadspace length behind the rear seats in the standard station wagon versus the Trial and Fieldmaster versions. It's minus 10cms, I thought is this due to the aux battery but then noticed the Fieldmaster doesn't have this fitted??

Decisions decisions!!

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
A very warm welcome to you (-: Your post was most helpful. I wasn't aware that the loadspace dimensions were different from the 5 door station wagon, compared with the Belstaff editions. Good catch! Thank you so much!

I wonder what the reason might be. I also noticed that the Belstaff editions have an entry in "Volume behind first row" and "Luggage length behind first row", but the standard 5 door station wagon does not. Could that mean that the Belstaff Editions are more flexible with the second row (fold down, or even remove) than the standard 5 door station wagon?

Brochure with specs for reference

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Parallaxe,

All mystifying to me - I had sent Ineos a mssg day before yest but so far no response - not that I'm surprised.

Also the 2 seat has less max volume behind 1st row and also less luggage length after 1st row. Perhaps cargo bulkhead is the reason behind that but why show only for the Belstaff editions and 2 seater and not the 5 seat Station Wagon. Maybe you are right interms of 2nd row being more flexible in the Belstaff versions but you lose 10cm for the benefit??

Will investigate some more.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
That's not the only mystery.

e.g. Diesel and Petrol Co2 and NOx values seems to be interchanged in the docs - this was at least the case in the first version of the specs.

If you look at the name of the above linked specs, the name is '...v5...' and was '...v1...' less than a week ago. A new version every day.

So don't worry too much, I guess, these "FINAL" documents are not as final as was planned.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
The Utility 5 seat version has an upright backrest and is moved forward to accommodate the cargo barrier.
Without that the barrier would be in the middle of the back windows

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
Welcome ECrider-

Do you have a view as to the approximate annual mileage to warrant diesel over petrol?

cheers

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave B, that makes sense but I will need a halfsize cargo barrier fitted for safety/dog purposes - seems odd that the Belstaff editions lose 10cms or so of bootspace. Perhaps I can configure with more upright\less leg room 2nd row of seats or work my way thru the standard spec and add all the bits n pieces to make it like the Trailmaster version - haven't added up the extras to see if that prices more expensive. Guess will need wait till 18 May and see if becomes clearer, perhaps the gullwing windows will come back! Hi Mark, I don't view it as purely mileage, if I were it may make my choice easier. I think I'll average abt 15-20k miles pa. Sometimes less. Perhaps the fact that there is no premium for the diesel version might make things pan out a bit in it's favour. Depends what the price of diesel does and what further restrictions UK Gov implement but I can't foretell that so it's a bit of a hit and hope. I like the fact the diesel has a beefier ZF8 transmission and I aim to add a diesel heater like Webasto or Eberspacher. Also filling the tank less often is preferred. That said my local mechanic says modern diesels are a pain in the backside and I shld go for petrol unless I'm towing big loads etc.Still rather undecided.   

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got a reply to my question to Ineos last week as fllws:-

My query;

Please can you explain why the difference between "Max Luggage Length behind 2nd Row [mm]" and "Floor Length behind 2nd Row [mm]" between the Station Wagon 5 Seat and the Station Wagon (Belstaff Editions) because I would like the Trialmaster edition but do not want to lose 8-10cm boot depth. Is it possible to have Trialmaster edition with the Station Wagon rear seat configuration??

their reply;

The Station Wagon 5-Seat is certified as a commercial vehicle (N1 in the UK and Europe) and as such its second row of seating is 70mm further forwards and slightly more upright to increase loadspace and meet commercial regulations. The Belstaff Editions are only available on M1 certified vehicles (passenger vehicles) in the UK, which has more legroom in the rear for passengers and thus less loadspace capacity.

end

incase helps anyone else 

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you so much for sharing, @ECrider. That helps a lot.

?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks DaveB. Notice only in 2 seater format, perhaps that'll change. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Which version of the list?
v20?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They apparently have brilliant engineers, a powerful marketing and a tough management which gets things right and in time.

But the customer service answers in a language which is anything but German. Horrible. And paperwork is a mess as well, at least yet. For this part there is, in modern speak, still room for improvements ...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
It is going to be interesting. Common sense tells me not to order until I have taken a production model for a test drive. 
Particularly as I have changed my configuration yet again. 
Now I have selected the
  • 5 seat Station wagon Trialmaster
  • 17" alloys
  • Donny Gray
  • Spare Wheel Lockable Storage Box
  • Heat Reflective Privacy Glass
  • Safari Windows
  • Leather Trim - Grey/Black - still undecided on leather 
  • Side Runners
  • Checker Plate for Front Fenders
  • Roo Bar
  • Foldable Tailgate Camp Table
  • $109.6K Australian + on road costs 
I am not 100% convinced that common sense is necessary 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha. I've never bought a new car, motorbikes yes but never a car, citing that way lies madness! If you told me not only would I buy a new car but also be one of the first guinea pigs I wldve laughed! But I'm on fir this!!

Im so far asf:

Diesel 5 seater Trailmaster or equiv Station wagon with;
ink black with contrast red rear door
access ladder
privacy glass
Sliders
Int winch
Spotlight fitting
17 steels with bfg ko2 hve them at the mo but will also buy 5 more and stick the mt's on
safari windows
leather seats and heated
seat covers
floor mats rubber
fxd towbar
camp table
csrgo barrier
light bar/roof bars

thats my wish list and ill probably go for most of it as wld fit it anyway. winch prob cld workout cheaper 3rd part

SvenGren

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
ECrider said:
I got a reply to my question to Ineos last week as fllws:-

My query;

Please can you explain why the difference between "Max Luggage Length behind 2nd Row [mm]" and "Floor Length behind 2nd Row [mm]" between the Station Wagon 5 Seat and the Station Wagon (Belstaff Editions) because I would like the Trialmaster edition but do not want to lose 8-10cm boot depth. Is it possible to have Trialmaster edition with the Station Wagon rear seat configuration??

their reply;

The Station Wagon 5-Seat is certified as a commercial vehicle (N1 in the UK and Europe) and as such its second row of seating is 70mm further forwards and slightly more upright to increase loadspace and meet commercial regulations. The Belstaff Editions are only available on M1 certified vehicles (passenger vehicles) in the UK, which has more legroom in the rear for passengers and thus less loadspace capacity.

end

incase helps anyone else 

I thought until now that the editions are based on the standard SW 5 seater and consequently that the standard SW 5 seater has more legroom 2nd row and more comfy leaned back seats 2nd row as well. When the above reply is correct, where is then the difference to a 5 seater utility with rear side windows optional, in comparison to a standard SW 5 seater. Initially I understood that only the utilities had less room and upright seating. Now I am confused as before but on a higher level.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> ... confused as before but on a higher level

That was a good one ??

Back
Top Bottom