The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Portugal

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi - I'm a Brit resident in Portugal. Couldn't bring my old 1992 110 with us so glad to be replacing with the IG. I have been told to expect it Feb/March but as the Portuguese agent has still not been announced that might be optimistic! Station Wagon, Diesel, Eldoret Blue with contrast white roof. Thousands of miles of off-road tracks around us, so looking forward to driving the IG on the more extreme of these and having some camp-out adventures. My one concern is that I am still not sure what the additional Portuguese tax will be on the new purchase - hoping a local agent can confirm that before too long!

Local time
Reaction score
Hi - I'm a Brit resident in Portugal. Couldn't bring my old 1992 110 with us so glad to be replacing with the IG. I have been told to expect it Feb/March but as the Portuguese agent has still not been announced that might be optimistic! Station Wagon, Diesel, Eldoret Blue with contrast white roof. Thousands of miles of off-road tracks around us, so looking forward to driving the IG on the more extreme of these and having some camp-out adventures. My one concern is that I am still not sure what the additional Portuguese tax will be on the new purchase - hoping a local agent can confirm that before too long!
Hi @Seemoreindians I also live in Portugal and I'm also struggling to have more feedback from the Ineos portuguese dealer.
Last month Ineos sent me an email saying that my order process was changing to the portuguese dealer and that they would contact me soon.
They refunded me the original order deposit and haven't heard from anyone since...
It would be nice to get some update on the order and build month etc.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Seemoreindians I also live in Portugal and I'm also struggling to have more feedback from the Ineos portuguese dealer.
Last month Ineos sent me an email saying that my order process was changing to the portuguese dealer and that they would contact me soon.
They refunded me the original order deposit and haven't heard from anyone since...
That sounds like the problem some Hedin customers had to face.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome.

I can't help thinking that Portugal is the perfect place to run a Grenadier ~ tax issues aside.

So that's two European markets that seem to be flipping away from the direct sales/agency model ~ Belgium & Portugal.

Portugal certainly seems to have been missed out of the first round of appointments. Maybe some help/assistance from the agent in Santiago de Compostela? 1657689530140.jpeg

Last edited:

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Welcome.

I can't help thinking that Portugal is the perfect place to run a Grenadier ~ tax issues aside.

So that's two European markets that seem to be flipping away from the direct sales/agency model ~ Belgium & Portugal.
And add Switzerland.
When I remember correctly Hedin had an announcement to represent Ineos Grenadier in 11 countries. See thread below.
Maybe same dealership model in all these markets.

Post in thread 'Dealer Network: Switzerland'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dealer-network-switzerland.12344112/post-1332547171

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks.

"Distribution partner" has a very different feel about it. 👍

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Pedro - I've had my deposit returned as well. I check-in with Ineos on the chat every week or so for news but they keep reading from the same script for the past few months. The patience is going to be worth it and as my original delivery date was July 23, I'm pleased to be moving up the queue and optimistic we'll have news soon. Unfortunately I'm not sure my IG will arrive early enough to have fun in the rivers and streams that have sprung up - that is going to have to wait until next winter.

Back
Top Bottom