The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Perth Australia

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Very exciting to read the intro's from other forum members, reinforcing the extent of global interest in the Grenadier.
I have a reservation and hoping to convert this to an order when this opens next month. A little nervous not seeing one in the flesh, or having access to a 2B Prototype tour demo.
I would class myself as a Lifestyle purchaser, not going to be hard core offroad.  I am looking at the wagon and setting it up for touring, with the towing capacity a big draw card for me.   All the reviews I have read discuss offroad capability, which give me confidence this beast will be robust.  I would like to read a review of how the Grenadier performs on the bitumen at 100-110km/hr.  Ineos seem to have put a lot of effort into cabin sealing so hopefully there isn't too much wind noise from the more vertical windscreen and mirrors, plus gearing and final drive ratios matched for low engine speed at cruise.  I guess we'll find out more soon...
Kind regards, Hugh

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
HughC said:
Hi everyone,
Very exciting to read the intro's from other forum members, reinforcing the extent of global interest in the Grenadier.
I have a reservation and hoping to convert this to an order when this opens next month. A little nervous not seeing one in the flesh, or having access to a 2B Prototype tour demo.
I would class myself as a Lifestyle purchaser, not going to be hard core offroad.  I am looking at the wagon and setting it up for touring, with the towing capacity a big draw card for me.   All the reviews I have read discuss offroad capability, which give me confidence this beast will be robust.  I would like to read a review of how the Grenadier performs on the bitumen at 100-110km/hr.  Ineos seem to have put a lot of effort into cabin sealing so hopefully there isn't too much wind noise from the more vertical windscreen and mirrors, plus gearing and final drive ratios matched for low engine speed at cruise.  I guess we'll find out more soon...
Kind regards, Hugh
Hi Hugh
You and me both! Highway driving review would be great. 
I also have a reservation and intend on buying one.
I am currently on the Gold Coast but lived in Perth twice. over the years.

Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
I third that!   Having to drive 3000km to get to the planned interesting gnarly bit of dirt means that it needs to be comfortable and quiet on road so you can get there and back without too much fatigue....    The main reason I'm getting rid of the Wrangler.... very fatiguing to drive long distances....

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Hugh,

Agree- would be great to hear/read about how it performs at speed on the bitumen, say compared to, say, a new Jeep or new defender.

It would be astonishing to think it's not relatively smooth/stable/quite at 120KPM, not Audi Q7 or BMW X5 smooth and quite of course but reasonably close. 

Will you go with the diesel or petrol version?

cheers

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Diesel is my preferred option in Australia. 
They seem to have seriously detuned the diesel knocking it down to only 550NM but with a 2.5 tonne vehicle and a 93 litre tank you still should get OK distance from it.
I think the local diesel tuners will have that doing 620NM easily and 680NM with a bit of extra work. 
Should be room for an extra 40-50 litre tank somewhere under there.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi Hugh,

Also from Perth and hovering over the 'order' button myself... be good if a few these were seen in WA

Sam/ Puma 110

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332478508]Welcome Hugh,

Agree- would be great to hear/read about how it performs at speed on the bitumen, say compared to, say, a new Jeep or new defender.

It would be astonishing to think it's not relatively smooth/stable/quite at 120KPM, not Audi Q7 or BMW X5 smooth and quite of course but reasonably close. 

Will you go with the diesel or petrol version?

cheers[/QUOTE]Hi Mark,  My choice is the diesel engine.  I have the same engine/transmission (albeit different calibrations) in a BMW X3 now.  Awesome combo.  Cheers, Hugh

Back
Top Bottom