The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Illinois

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello all....I have been reading this forum for a few months and learned a lot about the Grenadier. Thank you.

I placed a reservation in Oct 2022 so I am not expecting my Grenadier until mid 2024. I have been thru the wait before. I ordered a Bronco first night available and waited about 2 years for delivery. Then I sold it after 1 year and bought the New Defender 90. The ND is a nice truck but not what I want longer term. And I have never been a fan of the ND styling, especially the front end which I had hoped would have been more rugged.

The bronco was a disappointment. I love the retro/modern exterior styling but Ford has not figured out how to do removable roofs. My Jeeps were much better with the tops.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews (hopefully very soon) from all of you with the first deliveries.

Bryan

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! How would you spec your ideal Grenadier?

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello all....I have been reading this forum for a few months and learned a lot about the Grenadier. Thank you.

I placed a reservation in Oct 2022 so I am not expecting my Grenadier until mid 2024. I have been thru the wait before. I ordered a Bronco first night available and waited about 2 years for delivery. Then I sold it after 1 year and bought the New Defender 90. The ND is a nice truck but not what I want longer term. And I have never been a fan of the ND styling, especially the front end which I had hoped would have been more rugged.

The bronco was a disappointment. I love the retro/modern exterior styling but Ford has not figured out how to do removable roofs. My Jeeps were much better with the tops.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews (hopefully very soon) from all of you with the first deliveries.

Bryan
Welcome aboard!

Didn't you get a new roof with the recall, or was that crap too?

More and more I recognize that every manufacturer does some things well, and drops the ball with other things. It would be nice if they could pool all the good ideas 😁

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! How would you spec your ideal Grenadier?

Thanks!

Fully loaded. Close to a fieldmaster but building up from the base as I don't think I want leather seats. Donny grey (or is it gray :)), silver or green. I would like to see some colors in person.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Didn't you get a new roof with the recall, or was that crap too?

More and more I recognize that every manufacturer does some things well, and drops the ball with other things. It would be nice if they could pool all the good ideas 😁
Thanks!

My bronco was one of the first built but sat on 'dirt mountain' for a 3 months before being released for delivery. The hard top was starting to delaminate after a year. And the soft top windows look like crap. My 2018 jeep rubicon with a soft top was quieter than the bronco hard top.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
Thanks!

My bronco was one of the first built but sat on 'dirt mountain' for a 3 months before being released for delivery. The hard top was starting to delaminate after a year. And the soft top windows look like crap. My 2018 jeep rubicon with a soft top was quieter than the bronco hard top.
Yes, you can understand chip shortages, wiring loom issues or other raw materials but having to replace hard tops because they are crap is just wrong.
How much other damage is also being done to these supposedly "new" vehicles.
Not a lot of oil circulating in engine, diffs, etc
Tyres will be nicely flat spotted and I assume the sun doesn't rotate around them so...........
Luckily that snow is protecting the paintwork, until it gently slides off
1673818754755.png
1673818575051.png1673818699640.png

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you can understand chip shortages, wiring loom issues or other raw materials but having to replace hard tops because they are crap is just wrong.
How much other damage is also being done to these supposedly "new" vehicles.
Not a lot of oil circulating in engine, diffs, etc
Tyres will be nicely flat spotted and I assume the sun doesn't rotate around them so...........
Luckily that snow is protecting the paintwork, until it gently slides off
View attachment 7800426
View attachment 7800423View attachment 7800425

Yes - great points. This was a big reason I didn't want to own it for long term. I sold it for slightly more than I paid for it after owning for a year.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for here. Lots of good folks and great info!

Back
Top Bottom