The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Heilbronn/Germany

Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

my name is Markus and I live in the south-german city Heilbronn. I've got my reservation about 15 minutes after the lines opened and so I am hopefully looking forward to one of the first deliveries in Germany. But I also says: production date 09/2022. 

But I still have my LR Defender 110, which is still a nice piece to bridge the time. I always wanted to have a Defender since I saw Daktari as a little child (about 50 years back from now ;-) But I saw the Ineos and fell in love with it. I love the Defender, but some of these shortcomings suck, and after 9 years of driving it, I am looking forward to a more modern car, which has all the things corrected, which LR didn's care for over 60 years. And now they presented the new Defender, which doesn't have any emotional excitement as the old Defender or the Ineos.

The Grenadier will be my primary car, but with a 97' Lotus Elise, 65' Morris Mini, 68' Pontiac Firebird and '07 Corvette Z06 the choice is simple. ;-)

The  outside color was slightly influenced by the name itself: Who could resist magic mushrooms? ;-) I took the Trialmaster with a winch, 17' rims, Safari-roof, standard seats, enhanced electronic harness ond some further things, I cannot remeber at the moment.

And so I am looking forward to my first trip with the Ineos to maybe Albania oder Spain. 

CU on the roed ... or off-road.

Markus

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Hello Markus,

> I always wanted to have a Defender since I saw Daktari as a little child

? ? ?

YES, that was exactly my trigger as well, when I was twelfe (!!) years old, not really knowing anything about cars.

So it must have to do something with the genes.  ?

Good ole Daktari, with Clarence, Judy, officer Hedley and all the others :)

Welcome aboard!

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi Markus,

Congratulations to your early production date (and of cours to your garage ??). Are you concerned regarding test driving the IG before finalising the order or what are your thoughts here? I have prod. date October and I'm a bit afraid Ineos might ask for the contract before I will have the chance to drive one myself. My dealer just said he would be sure Ineos would come up with a solution, but he didn't know any details.

Grüße aus Bamberg
Sebastian

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Markus,

greetings from Karlsruhe…Magic Mushroom is my choice, too. 
Best
Patrick

Local time
Reaction score
There will be a lot of funny magic mushrooms around! ?

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi Marcus,

It is a small world. I live in New Zealand and watching Daktari in the 70's was the start of my love affair with Land Rovers. I sold my 2008 Defender 110 back in 2016 with the idea that I would eventually replace it with the new Defender. But as hard as I tried to like it, the emotional connection wasn't there. So, rather than buy a modern Defender I bought a 1970 Series 2a 88 pick up and am now waiting patiently for my February 2023 build IG.

Paul

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

was long as we do not really need this car for work, we are all addicted to the same love. Even a new Jeep (sorry, I said the J-word) couldn't satisfy those desires, because it's too modern and hip looking. The G-Wagon could be it, but I do not want scratches and dents in a 100.000+ EUR car.

It's so funny that all that love started in the 60s/70s with Daktari all over the world. The best car-commercial ever!!!

Cheers
Markus

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A legend is a legend.

Back