The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heated Windshield is there one????

Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the heated windshield is in all the photographs but is not mentioned anywhere in the brochure specs heated washer jets are but no heated windshield what do you think????

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
I am missing it as well. It was somewhere spread there will be one.

The photographs however are mostly (excellent) renderings.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don‘t understand it. Where is this heated windshield? Never saw it on a picture.

Ineos told me at the presentation of the car, there will be neither an heated windshield nor heated head lights. The latter is really needed if you drive in snow for longer distances. I can tell from own experience in Austria.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=CountyV8 userid=8620645 postid=1333007960]Has anyone noticed that the heated windshield is in all the photographs but is not mentioned anywhere in the brochure specs heated washer jets are but no heated windshield what do you think????[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had commented on this earlier elsewhere on this Forum, as I for one really appreciate the heated front windscreen function here in Scotland. Certainly that offered by the VW Group is extremely effective and totally inocuous, ie no visible wires or distraction.  http://www.theineosforum.com/post/fantastic-closeups-of-the-interior-and-some-new-switchgear-12326661?pid=1332582104  

Local time
Reaction score
Hi All have had it confirmed that the heated windscreen is a feature and will be fitted to the Belstaff editions didn't check on others.

Jon

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=CountyV8 userid=8620645 postid=1333009057]Hi All have had it confirmed that the heated windscreen is a feature and will be fitted to the Belstaff editions didn't check on others.

Jon[/QUOTE]

???

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All ordered car have the feature of a switch for window heating. But it is not for a heated windshield as for example in a VW. In the prototype it switched a fan to blow hot extra air to the windscreen as the driver demonstrated. If Ineos changed its mind and installs a really heated window …. even better, I take it with delight.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How do you know? But we will see when my car is delivered.

Someone could look for it at one of the next presentations or test drives.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
They list
Heated Windscreen Washer Jets
Heated Rear Window
Power Heated Exterior Mirrors
I can't see anything on heated front screen except normal demister
Must admit I have never even heard of heated windscreen washer jets before but does make sense 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1333017845]
Must admit I have never even heard of heated windscreen washer jets before [/QUOTE]That makes 2 of us!Mod cons eh? I still carry fuse wire so I can unblock the unheated nozzles.

Local time
Reaction score
I  have finally got to the bottom of this mystery the heated windscreen button is Ineos's term for demist with warm air push the button and warm air deists the screen.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion it was. in an email from the  regional sales manager who works for ineos.

Jon

Local time
Reaction score
I raised the very same subject during a conversation I had with a CS rep and I was told only heated washer jets & that the windscreen is not heated. That’s pretty disappointing especially for a vehicle of this type.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=SteveB userid=8997089 postid=1333051552]I raised the very same subject during a conversation I had with a CS rep and I was told only heated washer jets & that the windscreen is not heated. That’s pretty disappointing especially for a vehicle of this type.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because I'm Australian where snow isn't really a major concern - never even knew a heated windscreen was a thing, I've seen it on rear windows but never on a windscreen. Then again this is probably on "masstige" car models that I'm not in the market for.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have heated seats that I have only used once on the passenger side as they were annoying me so I decided to cook them a bit. 
Heated mirrors have never been used

Local time
Reaction score
The heated screen is a very useful addition and one I use regularly not just in the UK but for those winter trips over to Germany and Austria as well. When I queried why I couldn't have that specced on a Mercedes I bought I was told it was because BMW still held the patent (so BMW, Ford and JLR have the rights to use). How true that is I don't know.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=SteveB userid=8997089 postid=1333057285]The heated screen is a very useful addition and one I use regularly not just in the UK but for those winter trips over to Germany and Austria as well. When I queried why I couldn't have that specced on a Mercedes I bought I was told it was because BMW still held the patent (so BMW, Ford and JLR have the rights to use). How true that is I don't know.[/QUOTE]
The first heated front windscreen was designed by Ford and was called “Quickclear”. It's been on the European market since the 80s and because Ford's patent for it expired some years back, many manufacturers can now offer similar technology. Now heated screens are available from most manufacturers such as Volkswagen/Audi/SEAT/Skoda, Mercedes-Benz, BMW/MINI, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo and Nissan. However, they are usually on higher specification models or available as an option.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, that's interesting. I had a whole debate with Mercedes even up to their European HQ when I was ordering a new E63s three years back. Originally the heated windscreen was showing in their sales literature but then wasn't on the config. That's when I was told about BMW/Ford etc. however, I have since noticed that the Mercedes GLs can have it but still not other models as far as I am aware. I've even got one in my trusty old Defender TD5!

Back
Top Bottom