The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone installed a push start / remote start ignition?

00OU918

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
There are several aftermarket push start / remote start / keyless proximity entry kits available. Some are disturbingly cheap. Has anyone tried this yet?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that no one has.

You say several are available, I'm assuming you mean generic kits and not vehicle specific

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could definitely be wrong, but I think a lot of us are trying to remove electronic modules/controls from the vehicle, not add more.

Definitely post up if you get one working though!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to have a Compustar T13 system installed. The tech couldn't do it. He said he needed around 3 days to figure out the Grenadier's wiring, especially the BCM. As of a few days ago, Compustar still doesn't have a wiring diagram from Ineos. My dealer's service manager said he would supply the installer with enough diagrams to effect an installation. The task is to get the installer and the service manager to connect.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
There are several aftermarket push start / remote start / keyless proximity entry kits available. Some are disturbingly cheap. Has anyone tried this yet?
This is on my radar, but it’s pretty low down the list of things to figure out this point. Hopefully someone else gets it accomplished 1st 😁

00OU918

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to have a Compustar T13 system installed. The tech couldn't do it. He said he needed around 3 days to figure out the Grenadier's wiring, especially the BCM. As of a few days ago, Compustar still doesn't have a wiring diagram from Ineos. My dealer's service manager said he would supply the installer with enough diagrams to effect an installation. The task is to get the installer and the service manager to connect.
Definitely keep us posted, and thanks!

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had asked my dealer about an aftermarket auto start and he said ,but wasn't sure,that that might void the warranty.
Does any one know for sure.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had asked my dealer about an aftermarket auto start and he said ,but wasn't sure,that that might void the warranty.
Does any one know for sure.
Anything you modify could void the warranty on anything it modifies. Like, changing the springs can't void the warranty for safari window seals, but definitely could for the shocks.

Something aftermarket that taps into a multitude of key wiring under the dash, if it goes wrong, could certainly void the warranty on different components

00OU918

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
they are so easy to hack caveat emptor
The keyless entry on your Grenadier is already extremely susceptible to an sig amp relay attack and a multitude of other means that a 10 year-old with access to Google and a Radio Shack can easily employ. Because of our physical key - a would-be thief would also have to tear into your lower dash to start it. With or without a push button start your rig is going to get jacked if someone wants it bad enough. That’s why we all pay through the nose for insurance. Several of the aftermarket kits have 2 way RFID and auto ignition kills which are arguably stronger than what is already there, but I do appreciate your perspective. I bought my Grenadier to add useful and fun accessories to it, but to each is their own. If anyone has added this accessory please chime in, I’d love to hear your advise.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely keep us posted, and thanks!
Partial success! Compustar T13 Pro system installed by Tino at Car Toys in Frisco, Texas. Two-way alarm system with proximity unlock (can disable with fob). He wasn't able to install the remote start for the time being. Circumventing the "press on brake" requirement while turning key to start was the problem. Will need to do more research.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
The keyless entry on your Grenadier is already extremely susceptible to an sig amp relay attack and a multitude of other means that a 10 year-old with access to Google and a Radio Shack can easily employ. Because of our physical key - a would-be thief would also have to tear into your lower dash to start it. With or without a push button start your rig is going to get jacked if someone wants it bad enough. That’s why we all pay through the nose for insurance. Several of the aftermarket kits have 2 way RFID and auto ignition kills which are arguably stronger than what is already there, but I do appreciate your perspective. I bought my Grenadier to add useful and fun accessories to it, but to each is their own. If anyone has added this accessory please chime in, I’d love to hear your advise.
So we’re good, Radio Shack went the way of the dodo in 2015 ;)

On a side note, I’m tempted to get a key cut in the local Supermarket and see if it starts…….

Back
Top Bottom