The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anybody leased a Grenadier?

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Looking to see if anybody in Europe, Africa, Australia, Anywhere, has leased a Grenadier yet and can share some of the numbers?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Not a direct answer to your question, but I recall someone from IA (or something on here?) mentioning that the RV for leases had been calculated over the past few weeks; which means that your dealer should be able to give you an indication on this...

Local time
Reaction score
Not a direct answer to your question, but I recall someone from IA (or something on here?) mentioning that the RV for leases had been calculated over the past few weeks; which means that your dealer should be able to give you an indication on this...
Dealer said they won't know until the end of November or maybe when the first trucks arrive in the US. Hoping somebody OUS has gone through the process and has some numbers they can share for planning

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Was looking at the cost of leasing the Grenadier for interest only as I already own one.
Leasing a Grenadier was considerably more expensive than equivalent Defender. 24 months and 10,000 miles per year, was coming in around £1100.00 plus per month on the one website on which I looked.

Local time
Reaction score
Was looking at the cost of leasing the Grenadier for interest only as I already own one.
Leasing a Grenadier was considerably more expensive than equivalent Defender. 24 months and 10,000 miles per year, was coming in around £1100.00 plus per month on the one website on which I looked.
Curious, Was that an Ineos website that you got the numbers from?

I ran the numbers at .0019 but given this is the first year... I'm thinking it will be more and RV will be less than 50%. Hoping somebody has done this and has some numbers they can share.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious, Was that an Ineos website that you got the numbers from?

I ran the numbers at .0019 but given this is the first year... I'm thinking it will be more and RV will be less than 50%. Hoping somebody has done this and has some numbers they can share.
Hi Roach
No. It was a general leasing company here in the UK.

Local time
Reaction score
So there isn't a single owner reading this that considered or was offered leasing details?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
So there isn't a single owner reading this that considered or was offered leasing details?
I have only leased a car once, regretted it and will never do it again.
I wanted to change to a different vehicle early before the lease was up and I had to pay out the full lease costs.
My Mercedes was a normal vehicle loan, I made extra payments and paid the loan out 10 months early with no extra charges.
Paid cash for the Grenadier so no worries there at all.

Local time
Reaction score
I have only leased a car once, regretted it and will never do it again.
I wanted to change to a different vehicle early before the lease was up and I had to pay out the full lease costs.
My Mercedes was a normal vehicle loan, I made extra payments and paid the loan out 10 months early with no extra charges.
Paid cash for the Grenadier so no worries there at all.
For the last 20+ years I've been a cash&carry type of buyer. I'd like to look at the lease rates and the details as it will help me with flushing out TCO, comparing purchase options and if there are any 'back stops' or support from HQ. Just part of my DD I suppose:)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer mentioned that on the BMW side of their business, 90% were on some form of finance however, on the Grenadier side, it was less than 30% that were financed.

Local time
Reaction score
Here are some lease #'s from Santander:

(lots of variables but a sample in case someone Is looking)

Assumptions:
36mos, 12k mi/yr, .00429 rate, $44,486 (RV)
Station Wagon (important to note that it appears the FieldMaster and TrailMaster depreciate faster)
Selling Price - $78,045
Fee's + Non-taxable Fees + Selling Price = $80,189

36 months, total drive off = $3,671, $1,461/mos plus tax
36 months, total drive off = $9,006, $1,301/mos plus tax
36 months, Total drive off = $11,674, $1,221/mos plus tax

What I was most interested in was the RV. Looking at a few other brands the RV is closer to the mid 60's with a money factor of almost half the above.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Here are some lease #'s from Santander:

(lots of variables but a sample in case someone Is looking)

Assumptions:
36mos, 12k mi/yr, .00429 rate, $44,486 (RV)
Station Wagon (important to note that it appears the FieldMaster and TrailMaster depreciate faster)
Selling Price - $78,045
Fee's + Non-taxable Fees + Selling Price = $80,189

36 months, total drive off = $3,671, $1,461/mos plus tax
36 months, total drive off = $9,006, $1,301/mos plus tax
36 months, Total drive off = $11,674, $1,221/mos plus tax

What I was most interested in was the RV. Looking at a few other brands the RV is closer to the mid 60's with a money factor of almost half the above.
Launch cars, like this, will always be an atrocious lease. This is a buy car. Not a lease car! The money factor equates to 10.5% APR and the Residual is 50% when in fact it should really be ~72%.

Just buy the car, and “lease it” from yourself!!!!

Local time
Reaction score
Launch cars, like this, will always be an atrocious lease. This is a buy car. Not a lease car! The money factor equates to 10.5% APR and the Residual is 50% when in fact it should really be ~72%.

Just buy the car, and “lease it” from yourself!!!!
Per the previous post above...lease is not my go-to, I haven't financed a car in over 40 years+. Just information for those that are doing their due diligence.

The RV is the most interesting as Santander has hedged their bet and Ineos didn't back stop them. I didn't expect them too but wanted to see the numbers to make sure. If the RV were in the mid 60's it might have been a viable option for insulating myself from the unknown.

Here are some loan numbers from Santander:
25k down - 48mos, 7.99%
25k down - 60mos, 8.79%
25k down - 72mos, 8.99%

Looking at some local options...BofA and most the credit unions came in between 5.65 and 6%.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
Per the previous post above...lease is not my go-to, I haven't financed a car in over 40 years+. Just information for those that are doing their due diligence.

The RV is the most interesting as Santander has hedged their bet and Ineos didn't back stop them. I didn't expect them too but wanted to see the numbers to make sure. If the RV were in the mid 60's it might have been a viable option for insulating myself from the unknown.

25k down - 48mos, 7.99%
25k down - 60mos, 8.79%
25k down - 72mos, 8.99%

Looking at some local options...BofA and most the credit unions came in between 5.65 and 6%.
That is horrible rates! INEOS should be buying these down IMO!

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

25k down - 48mos, 7.99%
25k down - 60mos, 8.79%
25k down - 72mos, 8.99%

For the credit unions / BoA, did you go through your dealer, or reach out independently? I would go for 5.65% any day of the week!

Local time
Reaction score
For the credit unions / BoA, did you go through your dealer, or reach out independently? I would go for 5.65% any day of the week!
Just online search...I'll reach out on Monday to see what the rates are and "if" they will even write anything for the Grenadier.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just online search...I'll reach out on Monday to see what the rates are and "if" they will even write anything for the Grenadier.
Did you get the Santander numbers from the dealer?

Local time
Reaction score
That is horrible rates! INEOS should be buying these down IMO!
I would think for IG pioneers there would be ways to thank the people have gone through the multi year adventure especially for you Non-US folks. But…we have to remember it’s just a company, not really in the business of “hugs”. (But c’mon:)

Back
Top Bottom