The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GRUNT: The Grenadier User Network

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
A new member in Germany.

Welcome @Radoan !

Our first member in Bulgaria.

Welcome @Dent!

And the first dealership in Bulgaria.

Welcome 'Silver Star' (no registered member name known).

version.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Il nostro primo membro in Italia, in Sardegna e addirittura in tutto il Mediterraneo!

Un benvenuto speciale ad @alvan! :)

version.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Three new dealerships in The GRUNT.
  • Autohaus Griesbeck Deggendorf, Germany
  • De Bona Motors in Bozen, Italy
  • Novelli 1934 BiAuto Group in Genoa, Italy

Welcome to The GRUNT!

version.jpg

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, @emax for putting the effort into this. I think it will be a wonderful way to connect with like minded, interesting people from around the globe. I may live in a small town, but it is frequented by people around the globe being near Yellowstone and grand Teton national park. I hope to meet folks from the forum that travel here…

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dear emax
Here is another one waiting for his big toy.

MarkusN, 47.492741471169936, 8.552161143814148, Green Trialmaster equipped for adventure

Thank you for your work and patience
Markus

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
How does adding third parties, eg dealers without their consent, sit with GDPR ( data protection regulations)

There is in fact no personal data processing. Technically this is nothing else than an anonymous EMail to me without a sender information.

In this email there are coordinates without reference to a person, because everybody can refer to whatever he wants, for example a sausage stand, a parking lot, a runway or even a lake.

Regarding the question of who this is or who this concerns, the data as well as the software are completely agnostic.

This can also be easily substantiated, because any point, i.e. also a parking area, can be meant. And these are certainly not persons.

So this boils down to the question what is actually personal about it. The name designation is a freely invented term, which can be "parking area", or "Bratwurst", or a nickname, or for all I care an insult like "fck yourself". The user also specifies one of three possible data types from a list. Again, this is not person-specific but merely defines what type of flag shall be shown on the map. Thousands of people can have the same flag, so there is nothing individual about it.

And the coordinates can be assigned freely, they do not allow a priori a conclusion on a person. My own entry e.g. points to a place in the town, which is not at my address, but only in the same village, and that in the middle of a crossroad - which is however completely sufficient for an overview, who comes from where.

The process is simply called "please put a green flag at position x,y on a map and and attach a label with the text 'Bratwurst' to it".

And finally, all data is completely anonymous: no email address, no avatar, no nothing. No personal details can be derived from it.

And that's also the reason why I don't offer to enter an address. You could set a location in Google Earth (as well as in Maps) by address instead of coordinates. Google can then usually show exactly where it is, down to the house. And I would of course not have done that without registration and obligatory confirmation. Because that WOULD be personal data.

To what a user enters there, he gives his explicit consent to the publication of his input in "The GRUNT" network for the purpose of visualization in Google Earth before sending.

And the character of dealer addresses is per se "public", because the publication of the address is a prerequisite for the fulfillment of the company's purpose. Moreover, the data originate from inventories that are already published elsewhere. It is therefore hardly possible to derive any damage from further dissemination.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
There is in fact no personal data processing. Technically this is nothing else than an anonymous EMail to me without a sender information.

In this email there are coordinates without reference to a person, because everybody can refer to whatever he wants, for example a sausage stand, a parking lot, a runway or even a lake.

Regarding the question of who this is or who this concerns, the data as well as the software are completely agnostic.

This can also be easily substantiated, because any point, i.e. also a parking area, can be meant. And these are certainly not persons.

So this boils down to the question what is actually personal about it. The name designation is a freely invented term, which can be "parking area", or "Bratwurst", or a nickname, or for all I care an insult like "fck yourself". The user also specifies one of three possible data types from a list. Again, this is not person-specific but merely defines what type of flag shall be shown on the map. Thousands of people can have the same flag, so there is nothing individual about it.

And the coordinates can be assigned freely, they do not allow a priori a conclusion on a person. My own entry e.g. points to a place in the town, which is not at my address, but only in the same village, and that in the middle of a crossroad - which is however completely sufficient for an overview, who comes from where.

The process is simply called "please put a green flag at position x,y on a map and and attach a label with the text 'Bratwurst' to it".

And finally, all data is completely anonymous: no email address, no avatar, no nothing. No personal details can be derived from it.

And that's also the reason why I don't offer to enter an address. You could set a location in Google Earth (as well as in Maps) by address instead of coordinates. Google can then usually show exactly where it is, down to the house. And I would of course not have done that without registration and obligatory confirmation. Because that WOULD be personal data.

To what a user enters there, he gives his explicit consent to the publication of his input in "The GRUNT" network for the purpose of visualization in Google Earth before sending.

And the character of dealer addresses is per se "public", because the publication of the address is a prerequisite for the fulfillment of the company's purpose. Moreover, the data originate from inventories that are already published elsewhere. It is therefore hardly possible to derive any damage from further dissemination.
Thanks @emax. I also appreciate that the UK interpretation of the data protection directive that led to our regulations (GDPR) is OTT and puts a lot of constraints on normal day to day activities including our charity, social and local Council work, (in fact we have to pay the Information Commission a fee to hold personal information vs addresses). There was talk that it would be scrapped/amended after Brexit but alas no.

Keep up the good work. (y)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
That's sick. 🤮😡
Hence my question @emax, I've indoctrinated - it's to late for me to recover I ask these questions out of instinct now.
We wanted to give some power packs (for charging mobile phones in a power cut) to school children, I made the mistake of saying we could ask their age :poop: child protection laws!!(n)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There is a new entry named @JoeS , classified as "ineos auto" - which is the classification for Ineos headquarters or facilities.

I guess, it should be "member" instead.

@JoeS, please, do it again if you wanted to register as a "member" and select "member" from the "Entry type" drop down list.

JoeS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a new entry named @JoeS , classified as "ineos auto" - which is the classification for Ineos headquarters or facilities.

I guess, it should be "member" instead.

@JoeS, please, do it again if you wanted to register as a "member" and select "member" from the "Entry type" drop down list.
O.k. Thanks for your work and now I’m a member 👍🏻😀😜

Back
Top Bottom