The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GRUNT: The Grenadier User Network

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We haven seven new dealerships in Italy.

Welcome, in the order of arrival
  • Autotorino Verona
  • Autotorino Bergamo
  • AutoTorino Milano
  • Novelli 1934 Casale Monferrato
  • SIT Firenze
  • Autostar Flaminia Roma
  • Caserta amica
:)

version.jpg

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
How do you add yourself to the list? I have downloaded the file and can view it on google earth IOS. But I can’t see an option to add a location…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Read the first posting in this thread or use the link in my signature.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We have a new dealership/workshop in Belgium.

Welcome Reul Sport and thank you to @Jean Mercier!

And there is another member, which seems to live in a submarine in the middle of the North Sea.
May be the longitude value should be negative?
In that case, just redo it with the exact same name, and it will be updated next time automatically. :)

Welcome Tom Dixon!
(no such user found)

version.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Version 100 is out. :)

We have a new member in Australia.
There was however a syntax error in the Lat,Lon numbers, the comma was missing. I have corrected it.
Welcome @MikeF !

And @Tom D has made his homework and is now a new member in Scotland.
Welcome!

version.jpg

Last edited:

Virginie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------
Fast paths:
See the version information. Note: Press the reload button of your browser when viewing the contents.
Download the current KMZ file.
Add a workshop, dealer or yourself.
------------------------------------------------------

I have tried something which might be helpful when on route.

The idea was to have kind of a map of forum members and dealerships, workshops and so on. My first thought was google maps, but this could only be maintained by those who have a google account. And not everybody wants to log in with his google account at any time.

So I tinkered with googleearth, which is free software and can run on premises without being online and on mobile phones as well. Furthermore, everybody can change the data set which is the basis for this feature, but I'll come back to this below.

To make a long story short: It is easily possible to import data to googleearth and create a layer which can be switched on or off within googleearth - without having to have a Google account. I don't know whether this will change in the future, but this was so since many years and will hopefully stay so for a long time to come.

What did I do?
  • I created a small proof of concept example file which contains three data points: 'emax', "Matzker" and "Krah & Enders".
  • Each record contains the name, the type and the coordinates of the respective entry.
  • This file is easy to maintain as it is a csv-file. It can even be edited as a spreadsheet and then be exported to a csv file.
  • The csv file can be imported to googleearth.
  • After this, a new layer exists which can be switched on or off.
  • The style of the entries is configurable, so I have created such a style which displays a "dealership" entry with an own icon and color, and a "member" entry with an own icon and color as well.
The idea is that everybody can add entries by just entering them into the above linked forms. The updated current master file from the second link above can then (with some delay for the processing) be re-imported into googleearth onto your own system whenever you want.

I would like to call this feature the GRUNT: the Grenadier User Network.

This data set, the GRUNT, should have a worldwide scope and is not limited to a single country. Googleearth is a planet-map, not a district map. ;-)

Avec le téléchargement fourni, tout le monde peut l'essayer et peut (et devrait) faire des suggestions d'amélioration.

Confidentialité : chacun peut décider des données personnelles qu'il ajoute ou non au fichier. Par exemple, j'ai mon propre point de données situé au milieu de mon village, qui n'est PAS mon adresse précise.

Fichiers joints:
  • voir au dessus.
Avantages :
  • travail distribué
  • maintenance facile des données
  • les données restent notre propriété (pas de cloud...)
  • copies redondantes en raison du concept décentralisé
  • facile à étendre (avec des terrains de camping, des points de repère, des points de vue, etc.)
  • devrait également fonctionner sur les appareils mobiles (mais n'a pas essayé)
C'est fondamentalement ça.

Voici une capture d'écran de l'affichage résultant pour la première version très basique du fichier GRUNT.

Bonsoir, Oui si j'ai bien compris le traducteur ce serait une très bonne idée ça même super 👍👍J'ai tenté d'entrer mes coordonnées mais ne sait pas si cela a fonctionné (je ne maitrise pas l'anglais 🤫🫣) L'idée serait de pouvoir rencontrer des possesseurs de Grenadier assez proche du domicile

Virginie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Au cas où ma manipulation n'aurait pas réussi mon pseudo c'est : Virginie et la géolocalisation de Google Maps c'est : 44°38'14.2"N 0°58'15.4"W
Nous avons croisé un Grenadier il ya quelques jours dans un village près du notre (au Teich) et n'avons pas pu l'arréter. Nous aimerions bien discutter avec lui si possible 😉

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Au cas où ma manipulation n'aurait pas réussi mon pseudo c'est : Virginie et la géolocalisation de Google Maps c'est : 44°38'14.2"N 0°58'15.4"W
Nous avons croisé un Grenadier il ya quelques jours dans un village près du notre (au Teich) et n'avons pas pu l'arréter. Nous aimerions bien discutter avec lui si possible 😉
Bonjour Virginie,

Il y a une section en langue Française sur le forum, n'ayant pas encore beaucoup de succès pour l'instant :
https://www.theineosforum.com/forums/french-language-ineos-europe.908429/

Dès que @emax publie une nouvelle version de son Grunt il y aura moyen de vérifier votre entrée. L'entrée doit être en version purement décimale.

Bienvenue sur le Forum.

Jean

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever the question was, "44°38'14.2"N0°58'15.4"W" is not a valid lat/lon value for The GRUNT. It couldn't be processed.

It is described on the entry form. https://deepl.com helps translating:

Enter the geo location in the format lat,lon, e.g.: 12.12345,34.56789
NOTE: The best way to get the coordinates and to enter them here (in the form) is to right-click the location in google maps and cut & paste the displayed numbers here.

If you get one or more negative numers this is OK if you have a location west of Greenwich and/or on the southern hemisphere.

IMPORTANT: No spaces allowed!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Two new dealerships in Scotland.

Welcome Dingwall Garage (no such user) and G & L Marshall BCS (no such user) !

version.jpg

Back
Top Bottom