The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Weight

Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi All Grenadier enthusiasts, I live in Perth Australia and have been following the Grenadier from early on. I have put in an order but not yet fully convinced I should buy one. I will use this forum and other information to find out more about the production Grenadier and what other people are thinking, and hopefully get a chance to test it out myself, before committing to a purchase..

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, same to my wife. She did the reservation the day after. She is interested in my experiences.

Local time
Reaction score
As more background, I had ordered a Troopy in May 2021 which was delivered in Jan this year. The Troopy has obvious advantages like 2x90 liter tanks stock, much more space, is cheaper, fantastic resale, nation wide support, and that V8: on the Oz Troop Carriers facebook page someone posted a 750,000km ODO pretty much without any problems or rebuild. But the Grenadier I think will be a better car to live with as a daily and for longer distances on road, and a better off-roader. So, in the end my choice will depend what I intend to do which is developing. Long distance remote touring (must be the Troopy) or long on-road and shorter off-road trips (probably the Grenadier).

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of my off-roading in my youth was on two wheels before owning a 4x4. I still have a 250 RL Suzuki trials bike that I bought in 1973/4 when I was
19 years of age. And that brings me to my age and the Grenadier if you have done the maths, yes I am 68 years young in mind, body differs. The Grenadier ticks all the boxes for me now, Sir Jim and his trusty men an organization of clout, Magna Steyr tried and proven industry leaders, BMW trusted and proven motor, ZF auto gearbox and the list goes on. I am trusting Ineos the company to live up to their commitment which I have no doubt will be fore filled. Back to my senior years, comfort and ease of operation are two big boxes ticked after being able to sit as a passenger in the prototype here in Queensland Australia. The seats brilliant, the ride was like an independent setup, you could feel each corner and I was in the passenger seat brilliant, imagine behind the wheel, can't wait. The diesel engine was superb, quiet and quick, love grunt and I think I will love my Grenadier. All the other boxes I think have been ticked on the journey, the rugged frame, axles, diffs, body shape and build, all ticked. We can only assume the electrics/electronics are top of the road where I hope to see my fellow Grenadiers one day.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes Max, let's hope so. I understand where you are coming from, a good 4wd with some comforts build in. But, there is no doubt that taking the first series of cars from the production line is risky, esp. at that price. Yes, all the good components are there, but will they be able to screw those into a "well build" car? To make the whole as good as its parts, including as you say the electronics. The sensible thing would be to wait a year or so, but now with all the supply delays that in itself is also risky, especially if it turns out be a raging success.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
That's why I'm very relaxed. I would very much like to order soon - especially given the inflation in Germany/Europe. The prices explode.

But on the other hand, I have the muse to monitor third-party offerings that come to market and see what experiences new Grenadier owners will post on YouTube and across the web. And Ineos, like any car company, will experience the necessary updates and patches for the first batch of cars.

And I will benefit from that.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax You can get mine in two years when I am going to switch to the hydrogen one. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Well, ask me in two years.

You never know ... :)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Robbedoes userid=9001358 postid=1332765309]Hi All Grenadier enthusiasts, I live in Perth Australia and have been following the Grenadier from early on. I have put in an order but not yet fully convinced I should buy one. I will use this forum and other information to find out more about the production Grenadier and what other people are thinking, and hopefully get a chance to test it out myself, before committing to a purchase..[/QUOTE]

welcome Robbedoes.

What Robbe should also do is join the Ineos Grenadier Owners facebook group - have you?

Some good discussions - and recently - very heated discussions on $$$$$$$$$ for the Grenadier

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A Warranty is a good thing and believe it or not even the most expensive cars for reasons not foreseen can have recalls, it's not a huge risk I am taking but a huge risk for Ineos.

Back
Top Bottom