The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greg Clark INEOS Automotive USA Chat (webinar series)

Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
I think there's a few comments on this thread:

but it's probably significant enough for it's own thread. The idea is excellent, as is the style of presentation. I'll probably have to listen again to try and remember all the relevant info.

I'm assuming it's open to questions from all regions, not just the Americas.

One thing I did pick up on was with regard to the double cab. It looked like he was about to give a little detail but was cut off in the edit!
He mentioned lane change assist oh no.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Just watched the Greg Clark Ineos webinar. Fantastic and answered a lot of questions. I hope they keep it up! A little annoyed by the dismissiveness regarding manual transmissions, but I'll let it slide. (slip?) 😉

Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
I asked about removable jump seats for the cargo area, he answered no troop seats. Learned what they are called today

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe aftermarket? They'd be cool, but the liability issues. If people would just use common sense! 😖

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve met that dude!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about why Greg said at 21:50 in the video linked in the OP post that Ineos would not be offering a Bull/Roo/Brush Bar in the U.S. Market? Unless something has recently changed, such bars are legal in the U.S. Greg said the bar would not comply with U.S. Crash Safety or Pedestrian Safety regulations. I think either he's mistaken or there's something about the design of the Ineos bar and how it attaches to the front bumper that does not comply with applicable regs. Anyone know more? I'm not too worried, since I expect ARB and others will offer excellent aftermarket selections, but am curious nonetheless.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about why Greg said at 21:50 in the video linked in the OP post that Ineos would not be offering a Bull/Roo/Brush Bar in the U.S. Market? Unless something has recently changed, such bars are legal in the U.S. Greg said the bar would not comply with U.S. Crash Safety or Pedestrian Safety regulations. I think either he's mistaken or there's something about the design of the Ineos bar and how it attaches to the front bumper that does not comply with applicable regs. Anyone know more? I'm not too worried, since I expect ARB and others will offer excellent aftermarket selections, but am curious nonetheless.
Speaking as a Brit, so not mega clued up on US regs, but I've never seen a bullbar on a stock car or truck out the factory. Sure they're legal, but are they legal when the car is "as produced from manufacturer" ?

Ie not aftermarket or dealer fitted

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, Spjnr. You can order a Ford Bronco with a heavy duty front bumper and brush guard in the U.S. market. I think there's more to the story here.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Technically in Australia the Roo Bar is an accessory sold/supplied by INEOS, but installed by the Agent. This would mean that it would be treated as an aftermarket product in Australia, as the fitting would be done after the "ADR Compliance Plate" has been placed on the vehicle.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Maybe in the USA for crash safety the front bumper is the European one. The bar is designed for the metal bumper

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do we know which bumper the US will be getting?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is that it will be the plastic bumper.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think trucks with the plastic bumpers will have different front shocks/springs because the bumper is much lighter? Or will adding an after market steel bumper not require changing them when adding a steel bumper?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Do you change your shocks/springs every time you fuel up?
And what about driver differences from 70 Kg to 120 Kg or even more?
One or more passengers - or not?

None of these situations will change the maximum weight of the car and thus be in the corridor for which the car was built.

Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Technically in Australia the Roo Bar is an accessory sold/supplied by INEOS, but installed by the Agent. This would mean that it would be treated as an aftermarket product in Australia, as the fitting would be done after the "ADR Compliance Plate" has been placed on the vehicle.
I hope they provide a way to sell the Roo Bar as an accessory to the USA market. It's an accessory I really want for mine. I know the new LR Defender has an OEM roo bar/bull guard you can have shipped from Australia from a website but is $2-3,000.00 to just ship to the USA. Fingers crossed INEOS has a way to sell as an accessory direct in the USA market without the high shipping cost. There is a market for them, especially in Texas.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you change your shocks/springs every time you fuel up?
And what about driver differences from 70 Kg to 120 Kg or even more?
One or more passengers - or not?

None of these situations will change the maximum weight of the car and thus be in the corridor for which the car was built.

No. But 125-150 pounds of dead weight on the front side of the wheels is of concern. when folks put heavy duty bumpers on Series trucks and Crusiers they often change the springs.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see your point as the weight is as far in front of the axle as it could be. But do you really think that the weight difference is that high? I would presume a difference of max 25 kg. But of course you think about new springs as well when you mount a winch.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. With a 70 Kg difference I would probably ask the same question.

But I don't think it's really that much.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A calculation: a piece of rolled plate, 200 cm long, 3 mm strong and 30 cm wide (to fold the bumper profile) weighs 13 Kg.
With a length of 220 cm and 40 cm wide, it weighs no more than 19 Kg.

And there are to subtract the cutouts.

Edit: wording.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom