The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Wagga Wagga, Australia

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Finally in possession of my Trailmaster after ordering in May 2022, very excited and well worth the wait.😍
Hi Wooley
Ordered mine same date as yours.
The system says it is production, in reality it is two weeks away from Adelaide on a ship!!
Shocking systems!!
But i am excited about mne arriving. Have got a Front runner 3/4 platform and accessories and a Tuff Terrein awning to go on.
Looks more elegant than Rhino heavy duty rack and the awning comes in an aluminium spring loaded box
Top[ cat
Adelaide

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi Wooley
Ordered mine same date as yours.
The system says it is production, in reality it is two weeks away from Adelaide on a ship!!
Shocking systems!!
But i am excited about mne arriving. Have got a Front runner 3/4 platform and accessories and a Tuff Terrein awning to go on.
Looks more elegant than Rhino heavy duty rack and the awning comes in an aluminium spring loaded box
Top[ cat
Adelaide
Top Cat - did you go 3/4 front runner because of the lighter weight, slimmer design and because you have safaris windows?

The starters gun was in October 2021 - when you collected your ticket for the queue a day or so later probably added many weeks to the final deleivery date!!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Top Cat - did you go 3/4 front runner because of the lighter weight, slimmer design and because you have safaris windows?

The starters gun was in October 2021 - when you collected your ticket for the queue a day or so later probably added many weeks to the final deleivery date!!
Hi GB!
I went over the Rhino Rack full length in detail when I drove the pre production vehicle. I thought it well made, but in my opinion over engineered, hence the weight of the rack.
I dint want to be tempted to overload the vehicle weight limitations just because the space was up there and available.
But, the main reason was I think it looks too clunky, reducing the "height look" of the vehicle.
The light but strong frame of Front Runner, the openess of it and the shortened length ticked all my boxes.

the other issue I had was that Roof Rack City here in Adelaide were told that they could not sell me one even though they wanted too. The arrangement is with Ineos direct, Frustrating workaround process was just too hard.
Once it's on and the Tuff Terrian awning mounted I will post some piccies.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Top Cat.

I agree, Rhino is heavier & does make it a bit more difficult to use the grab handles, plus FR is a slimmer looking rack.

Some pics would be great.

I don't have saferi windows but I am not sure I need a full length rack.

However, the 3/4 rack may impact being able to fit an awning?

Did you look intothis aspect?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Top Cat.

I agree, Rhino is heavier & does make it a bit more difficult to use the grab handles, plus FR is a slimmer looking rack.

I did not go with Safari windows as where I am its all-desert work and gets a bit shiny!!
I will go with a low-profile bar across the front, same as I do with my D4 and D2 (which the finance director says I will have to sell!)
I then run a 2.5 x 2.5 Sun seeker awning on that.
It works well, has no wind noise to speak of.
So, I will do the same on the Grenny. Looking to then put a small awning across the back (a Kings style is fine for this) for kitchen use as I opted for the table accessory and the Front runner suits this better than the rear of the Rhino. This again works well on my D2 set up.

On the awnings, I drill a hole on the outer frame and place a second pole so its a lot stronger and has much better wind resistance properties
Thanks Top Cat.

Hi GB
Yes, I did and as per above I will be putting on a low profile bar.
1692701323566.png
Its a nice rack!
when i get the Tuff terrain annexe I will drill in a hole for extra pole. It works well on my old Sunseeker and makes it so much stronger

1692701462385.png

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Wagga Wagga ??

I have family in Muramburagh (excuse spelling) which I believe isn’t that far away from you in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you enjoying the vehicle mate

Back
Top Bottom