The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Melbourne Australia

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Hello all! 

Surprised to find this on youtube! 

Just been to the local 2B prototype tour. Loving the car. Wish it was a bit longer tho.... 

Have put a reservation but after seeing it in the flesh.. am wondering between the wagon or the ute. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. For me its the wagon. UTEs are great, but not quite as versatile when used for all aspects of life. I've got trailers if I need to haul big stuff !

Nanuq

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was at the Melbourne event too. Enjoyed it, but the car is quite low. And it doesn’t look like it’s going to have a flat floor when the seats are down. I’m now rethinking whether it is really going to suit.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Glad you managed to get to an event to see the Grenadier. Did INEOS reach out directly to you about attending?  

Nanuq

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. Via email. 

Local time
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
Welcome aboard. For me its the wagon. UTEs are great, but not quite as versatile when used for all aspects of life. I've got trailers if I need to haul big stuff !

I was looking at the wagon too but hoping not to tow a trailer. Was hoping to be as self contained as possible. But looks like a lot of things are physically restricted in the vehicle design.. e.g. fuel tank, spaces to put air compressor, water. I understand that the message from INEOS is that the vehicle is not a true hardcore off-roader or overlander. 

Local time
Reaction score
Nanuq said:
I was at the Melbourne event too. Enjoyed it, but the car is quite low. And it doesn’t look like it’s going to have a flat floor when the seats are down. I’m now rethinking whether it is really going to suit.

Yes!! The rear seats doesn't fold flat. With in the intrusive wheel arches, might be a good idea to have a drawer to put stuff. Another thing that I was hoping was no transmission tunnel i.e. a flat floor for the rear passengers. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Nanuq said:
Yes. Via email. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait to see if we’re selected then :/

That’s assuming we’re deemed worthy. Ha. 

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Went to Hanging Rock to check out the car.
Agree with the views on the rear seat. If it was 30/40/30 split with the 40 being capable of being removed it would be perfect. Then you could put the 40l Engel fridge in the middle rear and not use up space in the 'boot'.

Local time
Reaction score
Just in case there are newbies like me in Australia... there is also a Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia Facebook page. Good info there too!

Back
Top Bottom