The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

G'Day from Melbourne

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, firstly thanks for having me on the forum. I placed my order on October 16th, 2022, and was told a delivery date of Aug-Sep 2023. I'll be very happy if that's the real date!

Coming from the Discovery 4, as I will be, my only unknown is the on-road manners. I've found the Disco to be extremely good in this area. So, I'm looking forward to getting a drive in a proper demo vehicle on the hardtop.

I had the good fortune of getting a drive of a PT02 at Lardner Park in December. It was basically around a 4WD club circuit. Very happy with the vehicle, although I'm sure it was not put fully to the test on the rather mild circuit.

When I tell people about my decision to buy the Grenadier they are surprised that I should go with a basically unknown and novice car maker. And then I convince them by explaining the pedigree built into the very guts of this vehicle. Magna-Steyr, BMW, XF, Brembo, Eaton, Carraro, Recaro.... and I find myself re-convincing me that this is the car for me.

I'm coming up to retirement mid-year and will be travelling. We like to take the caravan away on long weekends and short holidays, unhitch and explore the wilds of Australia. Hopefully the trips can get longer in the future!

Can't wait!

Cheers,
Steve

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome Steve, sounds like a great plan.
I am in the Yarra Valley, and also went to Lardner Park.
I have the same idea as you, take the van away and use it as a base to explore large regions of this vast country.

See you out there no doubt, or more to the point, hopefully at an INEOS 4WD course that they organise for us all ;)

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome Steve, sounds like a great plan.
I am in the Yarra Valley, and also went to Lardner Park.
I have the same idea as you, take the van away and use it as a base to explore large regions of this vast country.

See you out there no doubt, or more to the point, hopefully at an INEOS 4WD course that they organise for us all ;)
If there's one I'll be there!, in the meantime I'll be practicing the Grenadier wave (whatever we decide that is!) ;)
And I'm actually in the Dandenongs, so we might see each other more often than first thought...

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, firstly thanks for having me on the forum. I placed my order on October 16th, 2022, and was told a delivery date of Aug-Sep 2023. I'll be very happy if that's the real date!

Coming from the Discovery 4, as I will be, my only unknown is the on-road manners. I've found the Disco to be extremely good in this area. So, I'm looking forward to getting a drive in a proper demo vehicle on the hardtop.

I had the good fortune of getting a drive of a PT02 at Lardner Park in December. It was basically around a 4WD club circuit. Very happy with the vehicle, although I'm sure it was not put fully to the test on the rather mild circuit.

When I tell people about my decision to buy the Grenadier they are surprised that I should go with a basically unknown and novice car maker. And then I convince them by explaining the pedigree built into the very guts of this vehicle. Magna-Steyr, BMW, XF, Brembo, Eaton, Carraro, Recaro.... and I find myself re-convincing me that this is the car for me.

I'm coming up to retirement mid-year and will be travelling. We like to take the caravan away on long weekends and short holidays, unhitch and explore the wilds of Australia. Hopefully the trips can get longer in the future!

Can't wait!

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steveo,
When you tell people about your decision to buy the Grenadier is almost like a sales pitch...We are becoming the sales team...we are under their spell or subliminal messages being sent to us...;)happy motoring.

Cheers,

Max

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We are seeing things for what they and not trying to find things that aren't there...like some...the what ifs...happy motoring
One of the things that swung it for me was the access to parts catalogues, service manuals etc. And the distinct lack of non-essential electronics (looking at you Defender...)

Happy motoring? I very much hope so!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
When I tell people about my decision to buy the Grenadier they are surprised that I should go with a basically unknown and novice car maker.

Are you first having to explain who Ineos are? Most people I mention it to just have a blank look at the words "Ineos" and "Grenadier".

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Well, I am surprised, not always! 3 days ago I told a much younger guy about my purchase, and he knew the car, he even knew that it has a BMW 3000 motor (he own himself a BMW).

But I told it some months ago to one of my judo mates (about 50 years old), car mechanic in an Audi workshop: "Ineos what?". I showed him the picture: "That's a Defender" he said :ROFLMAO:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's amazing that Ineos has filtered into some areas of general consciousness and not into other more petrolhead orientated areas. 🤷‍♂️
Agree.

Every single person I have mentioned the Grenadier to the last 18 months have never heard of it.

Then I say it's being made by INEOS - "INY who????"

But I expect the Grenny to go off with a bang when three things happen very soon:
public can see, touch & sit in them at showrooms (what the hell is that; oh it's really good)
public can test drive them (wow - it's bloody brilliant!)
public sees them being driven around (I want one of those please - pure envy)

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Agree.

Every single person I have mentioned the Grenadier to the last 18 months have never heard of it.

Then I say it's being made by INEOS - "INY who????"

But I expect the Grenny to go off with a bang when three things happen very soon:
public can see, touch & sit in them at showrooms (what the hell is that; oh it's really good)
public can test drive them (wow - it's bloody brilliant!)
public sees them being driven around (I want one of those please - pure envy)
And when the journalist and youtuber reviews start happening

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you first having to explain who Ineos are? Most people I mention it to just have a blank look at the words "Ineos" and "Grenadier".
Absolutely! “Privately owned chemical corporation that among other things makes raw materials for the plastics industry “ seems to do the trick.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely! “Privately owned chemical corporation that among other things makes raw materials for the plastics industry “ seems to do the trick.
yeah. I tried that and got even more blank stares - so I just say......."it's a new 4x4 being built by a UK billionaire"

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of the things that swung it for me was the access to parts catalogues, service manuals etc. And the distinct lack of non-essential electronics (looking at you Defender...)

Happy motoring? I very much hope so!
Yes, the interactive service manual/parts database is a huge aspect for me too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom