The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from California!

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
Greetings All!

Just wanted to introduce myself and become part of this little community.  Like everyone here I am looking forward to the Grenadier becoming a reality here in the States, I suspect here in Orange County it will prove to be very popular.

My current off road vehicle is a NAS 1995 D90 station wagon.  My dad and I flew up one way to pick it up in San Francisco when I was about 12.  It was a long drive back to LA in that thing but since then it has served dutifully.  While most of the time it is my surf vehicle, for a number of years it was my main transport on Catalina Island where I run summer camps and outdoor educational programs.

For the record I have placed a deposit for the Grenadier.  If/when it arrives I plan on using it as a family adventure vehicle as well as it spending time on Catalina as well.

As an aside, my organization runs a facility in South Virginia about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Raleigh.  The facility is called Camp Motorsport and specializes in both kart racing as well as off roading for kids age 9-17.  I have reached out to Ineos to see if there would be some possible opportunities to work together.  I dont expect much but wouldnt that be sweet!

Looking forward to any developments and great to meet everyone!

Cheers

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Welcome, Turner! Neat idea about partnering with Ineos for children's camps -- a good investment in the future, I say!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Welcome! The grenadier will look great with some surf boards on the roof, I expect mine will be sporting some for a Cornwall trip!

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That would be excellent!  I have heard Cornwall has some good surf.  

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's great down there mate, good surf, good food and great people ?

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
what else do you need?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I might need 2. The wife saw a photo of one last night and said she wanted one as her next car. So I guess I’ve got the approval from the boss ?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Surprised your wife's only just seen a picture of one! My wifes bloody sick of me going on about it by now ?

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Same here!  I suspect she will want one as well...get out the check book.

Spjnr said:
Surprised your wife's only just seen a picture of one! My wifes bloody sick of me going on about it by now ?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Spjnr said:
Surprised your wife's only just seen a picture of one! My wifes bloody sick of me going on about it by now
1f923.png

I was waiting for the right moment. Then on Sunday afternoon we were walking down the street and saw a 110 defender/series parked. Totally modernized and pimped with an all encompassing white paint job Inside and out, roof rack, yep white, winch, yep white. No whitewalls so that saved some face but not much and they had dyneema on the winch drum which hadn’t been stretched out, not surprisingly. To my dismay (I think, jury is still out on this statement) she said that’s a cool old landrover. How much.
$150k or so my reply but probably more, but wait there’s more. Look at this new one. It’s half price at about 85k or so.
So there we have it. Show a restomod to your significant other to get the pass on the bargain Grenadier.
* in all fairness the landrover did appear well done and seemed kitted out pretty well for extended travel off-road. I just wish they hadn’t opted for white on white on white. Just think of the rust streaks after the first rain. 
** on no account should NATO Jerry cans ever be painted white. 

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
turnerc7 said:
for a number of years it was my main transport on Catalina Island where I run summer camps and outdoor educational programs.

CIMI by any chance?  I used to go there during summers back in the day - way back, come to think of it.

And welcome to a fellow Virginian.

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It is CIMI!  Or as the summer program is now called Catalina Sea Camp.  What years did you attend?

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Mid 80s.  I recall one year coming in on the boat from Avalon the camp counselors pulled up with an 8 foot shark and half the kids wouldn't go in the water.  LOL.

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in San Diego so when you get your car I hope I can come and look at it.  I did make my reservation and I hope to follow through!  Cheers!!!

turnerc7

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
if/when I get it, you are welcome to come check it out.

Local time
Reaction score
I’m up in Weho, lots of new defenders and Gelandewagens up here.. Deposit down, maybe 2024 delivery???? This is a no brainer for LA

Back
Top Bottom