The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greetings from Asbury Park

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello all from New Jersey, USA. I’m not really from Asbury Park (I live near Long Beach Island) but Springsteen fans will get the reference. I just placed my reservation; I probably should have as soon as I could have but alas. Most certainly going with a Trailmaster, debating on color, and a bit saddened there’s no diesel version coming Stateside. Nevertheless I couldn’t be more excited and yet equally dreading the wait!

I’m coming to Grenadier family having owned at one time or another a 2004 G4 Land Rover Discovery II, 1962 Land Rover Series IIa 88” , 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser (if I’m honest I regret selling) and generation 2 F150Raptor amongst others - all well taken off-road. I think the Land Rover Defender is one of the coolest looking trucks of all time and the Grenadier is the Defender replacement LR should have made. The new D90/110 family is a huge disappointment - besides being ugly and mis-proportioned - it’s a unibodied, high-tech-gizmo-reliant car whose only real connection to proper Defender/Series trucks is its name. But I digress.

I’m so glad I came across this forum and look forward to meeting you all virtually and maybe someday in person.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Welcome Krabby,
what will your Grenadier look like from your first thoughts? Trialmaster of course. Do you have anything more yet decided?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome Krabby,
what will your Grenadier look like from your first thoughts? Trialmaster of course. Do you have anything more yet decided?
Trailmaster, yes.
Torn between white and the lighter silver.
Love the steelies but part of me likes the alloys. I wish they had a 5-spoke like Land Rover made back in the day.
Rock sliders, ladder, tow package, window tint.
I love the saddle leather. That will age and patina wonderfully.
Will probably do utility seats but haven’t decided yet. Will definitely have the utility flooring.

Attachments

• 6647EF85-164E-4B08-BB73-A75077483808.jpeg
    6647EF85-164E-4B08-BB73-A75077483808.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 8

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
Regarding the colour (sorry, color) Scottish White, a number of people who have recently inspected the car have commented that it is quite a creamy white color.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It didn’t look like NAS Defender white but hard to tell how far off from photos on a screen. TBH I’ll probably end up with the silver anyway.

Back
Top Bottom