The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Green colour availability

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
My dealer have confirmed that Sela Green is restricted.
Ask him to speak to this chap... both of them can't be right...

Screenshot_20221024_183246.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
I am a bit late to the party on this one. The blue is out of stock or whatever they want to call it but Sela green is “restricted”.

Can someone enlighten me on what “restricted” means in this case.

Are they keeping it back as a VIP colour or just putting it on some vehicles to show what the plebs can’t have ??

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why don't you wait and see? Don't cry before the blows.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos have until 18.07hrs UK time to advise an update to my order. Long shot I know. Wonder a) will it come b) and if so any paint info (I'm Sela Green + Inky Black roof)

so Ineos failed on a)

they said there would be getting back to me within 2 weeks with an update - so far nada.

oh well........

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Why don't you wait and see? Don't cry before the blows.

Having wiped away the tears over not being able to have a colour that I didn’t order in the first place, I would just like to thank you for you very helpful answer !!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having wiped away the tears over not being able to have a colour that I didn’t order in the first place, I would just like to thank you for you very helpful answer !!!
I just wanted to express that we should all wait and see. After all, there are different statements, some of which are then revised again. I can imagine that more will be possible in the end. Then the excitement was in vain. I didn't want to contribute to you being even more disappointed.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on what “restricted” means in this case.
Perhaps Sir Jim has applied for a monopoly on the green color of JOB#1.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps Sir Jim has applied for a monopoly on the green color of JOB#1.

Maybe so Emax. It wouldn’t be my first choice of green, even though I love green vehicles, it’s too green if that makes sense.

If I was Jim I would have one done as a one off just for me.

What peaked my interest was the use of the word restricted. If this is a direct quote from IA then it’s a strange use of the word, as to me it implies that customers are being denied access to the colour as opposed to there being a technical or supply issue with the paint.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe so Emax. It wouldn’t be my first choice of green, even though I love green vehicles, it’s too green if that makes sense.

If I was Jim I would have one done as a one off just for me.

What peaked my interest was the use of the word restricted. If this is a direct quote from IA then it’s a strange use of the word, as to me it implies that customers are being denied access to the colour as opposed to there being a technical or supply issue with the paint.
INEOS changed paint supplier (don't know the reason) Unfortunately the new supplier has struggled to supply sufficient quantity of some of the colours, hence the 'restricted' caveat.

Local time
Reaction score
We have heard a lot of talk of Shale Blue being an issue but apparently there is at least one out there (plus some video of inside and a peak over in to the engine bay)

A few other videos on his channel as well but some may already know of it.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Blues and greens, maybe. TiO2, not likely. Some of the special effect stuff might be on allocation. I’d almost worry more about the anti-corrosives and the under-hood/High-temp stuff. Phthalo green was really tight last year, but I think that has eased. Resins and pigments are still tight, but with demand down in the EU about 20%, people are starting to talk about price cuts even as supply is still an issue. Of course, they’ll shut down industrial uses of gas/energy before they freeze out homes. BASF had a HUGE gas deal with the Russians at one point…

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
The Sela Green with White roof PT02 is what changed my mind from Donny Grey.

Attachments

• 77F229FF-6ACE-4EB1-B71C-331887FEEEE0.jpeg
    77F229FF-6ACE-4EB1-B71C-331887FEEEE0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom