The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodwood Revival 16th - 18th September

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Some moving pictures.
One can ignore the Italian and listen to the roaring engines in the background…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This is actually an excellent video. The guy tells everything one can tell within 13 minutes, and everything was correct. And the footage is nice as well.

And his enthusiasm was worthy of a typical car-loving Italian. Yes, I like Italy and the Italians. You can tell that they have gasoline running through their veins. ;-)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
This is actually an excellent video. The guy tells everything one can tell within 13 minutes, and everything was correct. And the footage is nice as well.

And his enthusiasm was worthy of a typical car-loving Italian. Yes, I like Italy and the Italians. You can tell that they have gasoline running through their veins. ;-)
Interesting to see the gerry cans with all colours except shale blue.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some interesting snippets in that one, if I heard him right.

Removable winch has 18m of rope.
They're working on a bracket so that the removable winch can be mounted in the rear on the utility rail.
The trinkets hanging off the exterior utility belt are all aftermarket.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
trinkets ...more like after thought!!

Having said that.....the roof rack options look OK & the 270 degree awning looks very good, very easy to away etc.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ended up with a Howling Moon standard awning after the supplier (who sold both) put me off one of those swing out types. They'd been having issues with cracked mounts.

The reason I mention that, is when they were folding it away, I was surprised how far the beam dipped as it was bought around. Seemed to be quite a lot of free play in the mounting?Screenshot_20220920_130138_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Yes, those arms certainly seemed to sag a fair bit. Not sure what brand they are but i will be going after market when the time comes.
It also confirmed my suspicion that a 270 awning has to be mounted really high to clear the rear doors which does not bode well for getting it into the garage.
May have to be a double hinge 180 awning. Like this one

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, those arms certainly seemed to sag a fair bit. Not sure what brand they are but i will be going after market when the time comes.
It also confirmed my suspicion that a 270 awning has to be mounted really high to clear the rear doors which does not bode well for getting it into the garage.
May have to be a double hinge 180 awning. Like this one

I agree, though I'm looking closely at the Bush 270 - like this one .

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
For me, something simple will suffice.

Less costs, less weight, less drag, no-fuss.

williMarkise.jpgwilliMarkise3_b.jpgwilliMarkise2.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Just watched the Italian guy’s video. The IG’s are looking good.

Having seen the accessories hanging on the side of the Trailmaster, it’s good to see that IA has teamed up with Poundland as an official supplier !!

I will be honest and say they looked bloody awful, and gave the impression they had been hung there just for the sake of it. Someone needs to tell the people who staged the display…less is more.

Those winches looked good though, and I know Red Winches are well thought of.

Those are clearly the closest to full production vehicles IA have and they are looking nice. Interest refreshed !!

Come on Ineos why does it take a random Italian guy to keep my interest up, this is your job surely, it’s your product.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

We used to go to Italy every year prior to COVID. Last visit was September 2019. It takes 25-30 hours to get there from Australia but worth it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some interesting snippets in that one, if I heard him right.

Removable winch has 18m of rope.
They're working on a bracket so that the removable winch can be mounted in the rear on the utility rail.
The trinkets hanging off the exterior utility belt are all aftermarket.
I have ordered mine with the tow hitch on the front so I can use it for moving caravan, trailer and boat around easily. I have been thinking about the removable winch as an accessory that I only take when I am going on a trip. Mounting on Utility rail would be great as I wouldn't want that flying around inside the vehicle in the case of an accident.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ended up with a Howling Moon standard awning after the supplier (who sold both) put me off one of those swing out types. They'd been having issues with cracked mounts.

The reason I mention that, is when they were folding it away, I was surprised how far the beam dipped as it was bought around. Seemed to be quite a lot of free play in the mounting?View attachment 7793772
Those kind of wings that needs legs and guy ropes are all fairly light weight and flimsy. Made to a price and a market. I m going with a Bush Company 270XT Max or similar.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those kind of wings that needs legs and guy ropes are all fairly light weight and flimsy. Made to a price and a market. I m going with a Bush Company 270XT Max or similar.
That is nice, £1,895 in UK, so just over 3 times the price of the Ineos one.

Back
Top Bottom