The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodwood Revival 16th - 18th September

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I see what you mean now, looking at the picture below where I have highlighted I can see this being done this way aftermarket quite easily. INEOS may do something like this and as one of the people I know there is a big horse person I will ask her.
View attachment 7793718
Thanks Steve for the quick reply! (y)

I'm glad you asked her. I'm looking forward to hearing what she says. As a rider, I'm sure she can understand why I prefer to keep expensive saddles in the vehicle rather than in the trailer saddle box.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for the quick reply! (y)

I'm glad you asked her. I'm looking forward to hearing what she says. As a rider, I'm sure she can understand why I prefer to keep expensive saddles in the vehicle rather than in the trailer saddle box.
As soon as I get a reply I'll let you know.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I see what you mean now, looking at the picture below where I have highlighted I can see this being done this way aftermarket quite easily. INEOS may do something like this and as one of the people I know there is a big horse person I will ask her.
View attachment 7793718
Dear Steve- May I ask if the loadspace divider can be moved to left and right also or if it’s fixed in that position? I can’t really tell from the fixation in the second blue circle.
I also wondered if that’s the reason why it can only be ordered with the cargo barrier. Can the loadspace divider also be removed?
Thanx a lot

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
I also wondered if that’s the reason why it can only be ordered with the cargo barrier. Can the loadspace divider also be removed?
Thanx a lot
I think their may be some glitches in the website here - as you cannot order the cargo barrier without the divider …. in the configurator at the moment.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well that solves the issue of how the half height barrier mounts in the Belstaff editions with the more reclined seats ~ there's an additional bracket:

IMG_20220917_124916.jpg

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Dear Steve- May I ask if the loadspace divider can be moved to left and right also or if it’s fixed in that position? I can’t really tell from the fixation in the second blue circle.
Thanx a lot
I'm pretty sure it can be moved so you can have the split how you want which would mean you can remove it yes.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Halliwell Jones Chester Hi Steve, would you please clarify whether saddle holders can be bolted into the rear floor. As was the case with the Land Rover Discovery I Esquire. The two airline rails seem a bit far apart to me.
Maybe they have already got the idea.
After all, they want to address us farmers with the grenadier.
Thank you.
Could you use the existing bolt holes in the saddle holders to bolt to a frame/bar/length of 4x2, that then spanned the airline rails and so bolted to them?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it can be moved so you can have the split how you want which would mean you can remove it yes.
To me it looks like the bracket in mid height is welded to the cargo barrier. That doesn’t seems to be movable. The lower one seems to be pressed to the floor and the upper one seems to be movable as well.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To me it looks like the bracket in mid height is welded to the cargo barrier. That doesn’t seems to be movable. The lower one seems to be pressed to the floor and the upper one seems to be movable as well.
That’s what I’m afraid off, that it’s welded. But there seems to be something like a screw head. Not easy to see.
I know a system from the German company Kleinmetall and it’s more elegant. Thought it’s faster and easier if I get it from Ineos though…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look at extruded aluminum profiles. They come in many sizes and offer a zillion types of attachment clamps and fittings. It should be possible to build a barrier with them.

A divider frame is easy to build and can easily be moved left and right at will, since the aluminum profiles allow any position for it by concept.

A mesh can be purchased by the meter and in sailing and other accessories you can find many types of hooks and eyelets for fastening.

Just to show the variants of fittings, fasteners and other accessories have a look here. The have grilles which are suitable for the profiles as well.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could you use the existing bolt holes in the saddle holders to bolt to a frame/bar/length of 4x2, that then spanned the airline rails and so bolted to them?
Yes, that would be a possibility. I will have to weld together something suitable then. Land Rover had the brackets in their range at the time.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s what I’m afraid off, that it’s welded. But there seems to be something like a screw head. Not easy to see.

It can't be! 🤯... can it?

How would you install it, if it was a welded joint? The whole thing would be almost unmanageable to get into the vehicle; and then imagine the size of the box the part would need to be in for shipping...

I'd also like to see what the tab (arrowed in the photo below) does. It seems it would need some form of positive attachment at this point to stop the divider sliding/flapping left/right when viewed from the rear?

IMG_20220918_070335.jpg

Actually, scratch that. I see there are two tabs, one welded to the half height barrier and one welded to the divider; and then joined together with a bolted fastener.

It can't be coincidence, can it, that this one and the one in the configurator both line up with the unequal split in the rear seats?

Screenshot_20220519_225336.jpg

Last edited:

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It can't be! 🤯... can it?

How would you install it, if it was a welded joint? The whole thing would be almost unmanageable to get into the vehicle; and then imagine the size of the box the part would need to be in for shipping...

I'd also like to see what the tab (arrowed in the photo below) does. It seems it would need some form of positive attachment at this point to stop the divider sliding/flapping left/right when viewed from the rear?

View attachment 7793731

Actually, scratch that. I see there are two tabs, one welded to the half height barrier and one welded to the divider; and then joined together with a bolted fastener.

It can't be coincidence, can it, that this one and the one in the configurator both line up with the unequal split in the rear seats?

View attachment 7793733
Yep, welded ‘tab’. And if that’s fixed it can’t be moved to left/right.
I could imagine that there’s another adjustable foot attached on the top (green arrow). But those fixtures are not smart (dangerous, even if smaller in the end pretty much in the way).

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Does anybody remeber "BUMPER GATE"?
Could you be so kind and measure the depth of the front bumper from the front edge to the radiator on the blue and black grenadier? My estimate is that the black is certainly 5 cm deeper (I do not know what measure you use in England...).

As they both seem to be PTO2 models it has to be a reason for this difference. Is there a winch installed in the black one?
The big bumper is ugly - no other word for it. Why? Just to house the winch?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
None through to me as yet, but this is way out of my market area. Quite a few said they would order and come up to Chester which is nice though.
Have they broken ground on your new Gin Palace yet? 😉

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
The big bumper is ugly - no other word for it. Why? Just to house the winch?
I think you will find that one of the design requirements was also that a person should be able to efficiently use the bumper as a seat.

Back
Top Bottom