The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goodwood Revival 16th - 18th September

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
I think you will find that one of the design requirements was also that a person should be able to efficiently use the bumper as a seat.
That was exactly what I said a few weeks ago. I like to use the space to rest. With Defender, the bumper is too narrow for me.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
That said..the ability to seat on it would probably be lost if a Roo bar or similar was added.

Moreover, I think the bumper is at the maximum width before it starts looking a bit odd.

Think what the silly US safety rules did to the Beautiful BMW 2002 front & rear bumpers in the mid 1970's.

From this;

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.01.12 pm.png

To this;

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.02.23 pm.png

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for the quick reply! (y)

I'm glad you asked her. I'm looking forward to hearing what she says. As a rider, I'm sure she can understand why I prefer to keep expensive saddles in the vehicle rather than in the trailer saddle box.
I asked and her first response was that she wants them too!!! She will look into it though and see if there are any plans but is unaware of any at the moment.

Steve.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Not only the 2002…1663499612222.jpeg
1663499518876.jpeg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That said..the ability to seat on it would probably be lost if a Roo bar or similar was added.

Moreover, I think the bumper is at the maximum width before it starts looking a bit odd.

Think what the silly US safety rules did to the Beautiful BMW 2002 front & rear bumpers in the mid 1970's.

From this;

View attachment 7793737

To this;

View attachment 7793738
Great memory! We had one. With the beautiful round rear lights, in white and with additional headlights in the grille. Without the ugly bumpers.
Unfortunately, it wasn´t the time to save such a great car. After all, money was needed.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked and her first response was that she wants them too!!! She will look into it though and see if there are any plans but is unaware of any at the moment.

Steve.
Steve, thank you for your feedback. I'm glad she wants them too. Once I have my Grenadier, I'll see if I can make an adapter so I can switch from vehicle to vehicle.
Maybe INEOS will come up with something like that in the future. After all, with the Grenadier, they are appealing to us land folks in particular.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, thank you for your feedback. I'm glad she wants them too. Once I have my Grenadier, I'll see if I can make an adapter so I can switch from vehicle to vehicle.
Maybe INEOS will come up with something like that in the future. After all, with the Grenadier, they are appealing to us land folks in particular.
It's going to be a balance I think of how much they offer and how much they just let the aftermarket look after. I think in time more items will be available like this but to start with I'd say it will be limited and concentrate on getting the car out.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's going to be a balance I think of how much they offer and how much they just let the aftermarket look after. I think in time more items will be available like this but to start with I'd say it will be limited and concentrate on getting the car out.
That is completely understandable and fine. INEOS must always keep the potential buyers of the add-on parts in mind. If there are only a few customers with special requirements, it is better to leave that to the aftermarket.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We all appreciate the attempt to bring out the car first 😅

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The 2002 BMW above was my driving school car. It was a 2002 Tii to be precise. The color was orange. :cool:

In that time this was helluva a car!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 2002 BMW above was my driving school car. It was a 2002 Tii to be precise. The color was orange. :cool:

That’s just not fair! My driving school car has been the 205 from Peugeot. I opted for the cheapest way to get my license 😢

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let's see when the first Grenadier can be seen as a driving school car.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Parking lot lessons will then be a challenge - with the back camera disabled of course ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That’s just not fair! My driving school car has been the 205 from Peugeot. I opted for the cheapest way to get my license 😢
That wasn't my choice. Helmut (the teachers name) was crazy about motorsports and thus I 'had to' learn in the 2002 Tii ;-)

I had btw just 12 driving hours in the car and two or three on the motorbike: Our moto cross track nearby was operated by the local motorsports club of which Helmut was the president. And he of course often saw us - illegally - driving our old motorbikes on that track even before I was 15 years old (he never complained. Rather, he has always been happy to see the offspring grow up). So he knew about the driving skills we already had aquired.

We didn'd however have traffic skills yet when we had our driving lessons ...

Those were the days. An old picture from a race on our moto cross track:
mcgrossbieberau.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
bemax, you could make your driving license again and ask for a Grenadier ...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That wasn't my choice. Helmut (the teachers name) was crazy about motorsports and thus I 'had to' learn in the 2002 Tii ;-)

I had btw just 12 driving hours in the car and two or three on the motorbike: Our moto cross track nearby was operated by the local motorsports club of which Helmut was the president. And he of course often saw us - illegally - driving our old motorbikes on that track even before I was 15 years old (he never complained. Rather, he has always been happy to see the offspring grow up). So he knew about the driving skills we already had aquired.

We didn'd however have traffic skills yet when we had our driving lessons ...

Those were the days. An old picture from a race on our moto cross track:
View attachment 7793745
I can well imagine that the driver with the number 27 or 28 has now ordered a Grenadier. ;)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
bemax, you could make your driving license again and ask for a Grenadier ...
I am sure there would be some others with me.
Anybody knows of special discounts for driving schools?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score

I hear you emax.

my first car (circa 1991) - it was a great car to drive - and it was not possible to sit comfortably on the front bumper!

IMG_5736.JPG

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So here's a fuller photo of the cargo divider.

It answers my question about how the upper section is fixed nearest the rear door; and maybe answers the other question of whether it can be moved about across the boot.

It looks to me like it's designed only to go in this one position.

FB_IMG_1663567118244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom