The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Good in depth SA 2btour video.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/JAoZEcbGyCU

Very interesting to hear about OME doing a lift for it straight away
1f914.png
that's something I'm keen on!

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Lots of great bits of info there. Also the best under chassis view I have seen yet. 

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
On 30:13 the driver talking about the engines: diesel - single turbo and petrol - twin turbo, I believe it is the other way around?!

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Red pepper userid=8373838 postid=1331693644]On 30:13 the driver talking about the engines: diesel - single turbo and petrol - twin turbo, I believe it is the other way around?! [/QUOTE]

Good catch! When I was watching I thought it didn't sound right, but couldn't recall at the time.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
I think the price point is interesting.  I feel like they are testing the market on price.  I am interested in hearing what they will say in Feb

Local time
Reaction score
A great video, put out by a fun bunch of guys… probably the best, most down to Earth review that I’ve seen to date…Thanks!

Having said that, I did have trouble understanding some of the audio and South African accents….

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Triple Seven userid=8864359 postid=1331695357]

Having said that, I did have trouble understanding some of the audio and South African accents….[/QUOTE]Beer at the start , and driving around a winery will do that!

Local time
Reaction score
They also mentioned this transfer box cooler. With 12v Marco pump   

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that did seem like an exposed weakness...One would think that it ought to be better protected.

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Triple Seven userid=8864359 postid=1331707013]Yeah, that did seem like an exposed weakness...One would think that it ought to be better protected.[/QUOTE]

Or are they just testing it is a prototype after all.

Local time
Reaction score
I suppose that's part of the reason that most manufacturers of vehicles, carry out tests away from the general public...They know that inquiring minds will often find the smallest detail and go off on a rant, half cocked, regarding a particular design, or the way that something is being done!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah they are certainly breaking new ground by showing so much of the testing and development phase. Whether or not this banjo fitting will stay there we don't know, but a guard over it would sort the problem out.

I remember some early spy shots of the Bronco frame with a weird chopped ranger body Ontop. It was obviously a test mule, but even so there were people in the comments shouting "that looks terrible" ?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Great find. I agree this is one of the most detailed walk through videos, especially of the underbody that I have seen. Some observations that I had

1. I am very impressed with the stoutness of the build. Everything looks over engineered and robust. The placement lines and thought given to the low hanging points is pretty good
2. The transfer case cooler and pump definitely look to be a work in progress. I seriously doubt the engineers who put so much thought into tucking things away would have a banjo bolt and cooler line so vulnerable. I think it will be revised for a better final design and potentially relocated
3. The trailing arm mounts to the frame look really bulbous and prone to catching on rocks etc. Although I am glad they gave it some armor protection
4. Its interesting to see that there isn't much space in the underbody for any water or aux fuel tanks. There is one space between the rails on the opposite side of the fuel tank near the drive shaft which looks like a good spot for 10-15 gallons of fluids. The guys also called this out to the INEOS representative and looks like the after market will step up with ideas for a 130L tank (40L more than stock)
5. The range was quoted as ~800Km (497 miles) with a 90L (23.77 gal) tank. So thats ~21 MPG (U.S.). I am guessing thats the diesel number. Petrol should be a good 25% less..so about 15-16 mpg is my guess..that translates to a range of 360-380 miles.
6. I concur with them on the cargo space design. The wheel arches need tweaking. They jut in too much and more importantly, the sloping design isnt conducive to a drawer/ sleeping platform build out
7. I am also very excited about the aftermarket getting involved so early. All the right names are there. It'd be cool to see what Alu-Cab comes up for the pop top canopy camper solution on the Gren. The overhead console panel might pose some challenges..but hey did show that the roof was a separate panel..so there is a possibility. Call me shallow, but I love that Melvill and Moon are working on seat cover options. Pricey but lovely

All in all a very meaty video with some very good insights. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom