The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe German dealership news, parking heating, bigger tires, car lift

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Not exactly on topic so my apologies but has anyone any idea on a fast idle kit for the IG. I dont want it for heating purpose in Australia but for battery charging ie when winching.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
@Andrew Kilby a fast idle kit - never heard of it - googled for high idle - is that something - to increase the engine rpm during when idle? perhaps with remote control?
I know that from some hgv with pumps or so - then the main engine is reused to drive a pump or hydraulics. - Never seen on a car. But I assume where is demand there is a market.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Btw seen on a video the Grenadier has a heated windscreen nowhere mentioned but its there. So as this is standard a park heater seems not required as mandatory in our area.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Not exactly on topic so my apologies but has anyone any idea on a fast idle kit for the IG. I dont want it for heating purpose in Australia but for battery charging ie when winching.
In the good old days, this used to do exactly that in my Lightweight:

IMG_20221115_183950.jpg

Maybe the smart alternator/charging circuitry is able to sense the current draw and increase output automatically?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
My 62 Series had a hand throttle. It’s circled in the photo. LRs had power take offs and the hand throttle controlled the PTO.

Attachments

• 22A96353-114E-452D-9D8E-D37E633B9009.jpeg
    22A96353-114E-452D-9D8E-D37E633B9009.jpeg
    865.3 KB · Views: 27

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
My 2002 hilux has an "idle up" button

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax
Frontconsole.jpg

Must confess at Aufenau event I was somewhat overexcited and did not make a checklist of features, functions and capabilities. I am glad so many pictures of interior exist now - to discover whats there. Looking at a LR Brochure or Ford every little item is listed - Ineos considers this as a matter of course. Its there - not worth to be mentioned.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's an air heater, i.e. traditional ventilation, no wires in the windscreen.

That's at least what was communicated in the forum.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax okay thx I ve got the same symbol in LR but you re right I did not notice any wires in windows - a bit disappointing - so the park heater will be back on my list sooner than later. We will see what it will look like on final.

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Parking Heater WEBASTO

I just had a contact to my Bosch dealer in Mannheim, Germany. I asked him, if WEBASTO is already able to offer a parking heating. WEBASTO wrote directly to me, that there will be a solution, a specific IG kit. The offer by my local Bosch dealer sums up to 3.500€. It is a so called "island solution" without warming up the engine.

Quite expensive...

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Parking Heater WEBASTO

I just had a contact to my Bosch dealer in Mannheim, Germany. I asked him, if WEBASTO is already able to offer a parking heating. WEBASTO wrote directly to me, that there will be a solution, a specific IG kit. The offer by my local Bosch dealer sums up to 3.500€. It is a so called "island solution" without warming up the engine.

Quite expensive...
Hm, - perhaps this is something to be thought of later. At the moment an airheater - cabin only w/o engine is not the desired solution. I gonna wait until Webasto releases some detail and what Eberspächer has in mind .. until then .. patience.

Back
Top Bottom