The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fusilier wish list

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Don’t know how to get anyone’s attention in R&D, but here is my Fusilier wish list. Maybe they read this stuff, or maybe one of you guys have super-secret access. I am a VERY happy Grenadier owner - it’s been a fantastic experience and the company and owner community are showing there is a better way. HOWEVER, a daily driver for around town that can ALSO hit some dirt and snow trails would be fantastic, especially for my wife. Here’s my wish list (for her), from the perspective of a Grenadier owner.
  • Steering - it looks from the press that this will be rack and pinion - please make it tight. The 3.82 turns lock to lock are great for my Grenadier - but the Fusilier needs to be really locked in. It needs to be an easy driving experience.
  • Speaking of steering - turning radius - ‘nuff said
  • Suspension - make it capable, don’t have body roll, but take out some of the bounce / head toss - think potholes instead of boulders
  • Rear door - I love the look of the split door, and it has been great on the Grenadier - but it really cuts down on visibility, and it’s really heavy (the 70 door), even with the piston arm. Pay attention to required close force, for the rear but also for the other doors. When my wife closes a door on the Grenadier (especially the rear doors), I often get the door warning signal because she didn’t close it all the way (and she’s a Montana girl, so no wilting flower)
  • Following the visibility point, the Fusilier needs active blind spot monitoring - it will see much more city driving. Also an overhead view for assistance with parallel parking
  • Rear leg room - this has me really concerned, especially in the stated specs from the press release. You need 38” - an Audi Q5 spec. BMW X3 is 36.4”, and that’s not enough.
  • Lastly, speaking of legs - clearance and door sill height. I think a lot of women would love the Fusilier - think about drivers in the 5’2” - 5’7” range - but also not something where a taller driver has to be a contortionist to get in.

So that’s my wish list - I will now spend the next 2 years attempting to brainwash my wife so she thinks this is all her idea. Good luck, Ineos and Magna Steyr - can’t wait to see your next creation! And thank you for the awesome job on the Grenadier!

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Forgot one - fold flat rear seats. With the smaller spec, this would be a big deal, as it doesn’t have the cargo capacity of the Grenadier

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
I can't say enough about how much I like the look of the Fusilier but I've got to by a vehicle in the next 6 months so sadly I will not be able to wait for the Fusilier to arrive.

My wish list
  • Gas engine (or hybrid)
  • Turning radius needs to be tight unlike the Grenadier
  • Steering needs to be tight...not like a Jeep
  • Flat folding rear seats (i.e. stadium seating rear seats)
  • Needs some sort of safari window (single)
  • Lastly, make it available 2025
If these happened I'd be standing in line to buy.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Who knows if the Fusilier will come the way they presented it.
For me this product seemed to be related to the Fisker Ocean that has been manufactured at Magna in Graz as well. Now Fisker is on its way to history and the production of the Ocean is stopped.
If I was right about the plan to build the Fusilier on base of the Ocean, or at least with a good share of its technology, this has to be replanned.
Without the Ocean there will be no scale effects for the new electrical Ineos.
But these are only my thoughts, which not even base on rumours…

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wish list for this is, don’t make it. I love the grenadier for its old school hard core style. Don’t muck it up with an attempt at a battery powered vehicle that will only ruin your reputation.
They don’t have a choice - alternative non-ICE quotas are mandatory for European manufacturers. But if you’re going to get an EV (I would get the ReX for my wife for around town and little trips out, skiing trips, etc), wouldn’t it be better to have something cool from Ineos as opposed to more Tesla nonsense? At this point I would buy almost anything they try, purely based on what an awesome job they did on the Grenadier. The integrity factor is big for me. It (EV) might not have been their choice or preference, but I wager anything they do, they will do well.

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Maybe the alternative non-ICE quotas will change a little with the recent leadership changes occurring in European countries. Mandates don't always produce what buyers want. Technology will catch up and eventually produce a produce that both meets the mandate and buyers desires but we are not there yet. Add to that, the Fusilier range is not even close to what it needs to be.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the alternative non-ICE quotas will change a little with the recent leadership changes occurring in European countries. Mandates don't always produce what buyers want. Technology will catch up and eventually produce a produce that both meets the mandate and buyers desires but we are not there yet. Add to that, the Fusilier range is not even close to what it needs to be.
That’s why the ReX was a good plan change - it’s the only way (straight hybrid wouldn’t have met the quotas). Who knows on the quotas - I have zero belief in the feasibility of the 2035 targets - but I do believe almost all of Ineos’ decisions have been sound so far. Like I said, this is, in my mind, my wife’s run around town car and we take it skiing on the weekends when I don’t want to bust out the Grenadier. Either that or I get her an Audi Q5 or BMW X3 - maybe a Volvo XC 60. But I would love to stick with Ineos, just for the fun of it. There is, of course, the possibility she has an opinion on the matter ;o)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Rovie: Why don’t you suggest a German one that’s 20 syllables long?
The origin of the Ineos vehicles is in England. That's why I think a name that can be pronounced clearly in English is more appropriate. A German name doesn't work for me at all.

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Interesting, there are quite few a news reports from Europe on the Fusiliers contract suspension. Ineos will needs rapidly move to include lighter more efficient cars for long term viability. We only need to look at the U.S. to see how quickly Jeep Gladiator and Bronco peaked and slumped, and how the pick-up market is currently performing. Grenadier being a large expensive vehicle to own in Europe, is becoming more expensive in Australia with new taxes and the US chicken tax on QM this does lead to several questions, once the Ineos enthusiasts, devotees have their vehicles will Ineos see a similar large slump in sales and will Ineos be sustainable without a more affordable, lighter, fuel efficient electric, hybrid or ICE vehicles in its lineup?

Back
Top Bottom