The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Full Rhino Roof Rack Wind Noise

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Not if you had the displeasure of using the agent that I had - they fit the rack incorrectly, damaged said rack & also damaged the roof of the vehicle. Now I need a replacement roof rack & a roof respray!!

The rack itself is very well built though …I will at least say that (just awful service from an awful agent).

My advice: don’t assume that Ineos has taken any care whatsoever in the appointment of their agents & do your due diligence yourself before trusting them with your vehicle.
Also after reading some of the threads with various issues IMHO some of these should clearly have been sorted by a proper PDI, OK I accept some dealers had large stockpiles of vehicles to get out on the road but they saw that coming and should have organised it. Ineos has enough on their plate sorting out new vehicle "teething troubles" without inept dealers inappropriately disorganised.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Also after reading some of the threads with various issues IMHO some of these should clearly have been sorted by a proper PDI, OK I accept some dealers had large stockpiles of vehicles to get out on the road but they saw that coming and should have organised it. Ineos has enough on their plate sorting out new vehicle "teething troubles" without inept dealers inappropriately disorganised.
To confirm, my vehicle was handed over without the rack (a below-par handover too which is no surprise knowing what I know now) & I took it back for the roof rack to be fitted a couple of weeks later. The staff at this in particular agent seems to view dealing with Ineos customers as an inconvenience given that; in their eyes, it’s just a side-hustle to their “main” business (which is a far more mainstream brand).

In my experience the staff put off dealing with the Ineos vehicles for as long as possible & then rush when they do finally get to them so that they can move on as quickly as possible. They also have no idea what they’re doing either so clearly don’t have any training whatsoever when it comes to Ineos.

Moral of the story: if you’re stuck being served by the agency model then choose your agent wisely (do not just go with the nearest one like I did)!

Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
J'ai un Trialmaster diesel et je l'adore.
Ma femme et moi avons tous deux été impressionnés par les faibles niveaux de bruit dans la cabine lors d'une croisière à 70 mph.
Aujourd'hui, nous avons fait monter notre accessoire de galerie de toit et quelle différence !
Un fort sifflement commence à 50 mph et il y a un bruit de vent important à 70 mph avec lequel je ne suis pas sûr de pouvoir vivre.
J'ai déjà possédé plusieurs véhicules équipés de porte-bagages complets, mais je n'ai jamais constaté une différence aussi significative une fois installés.
Existe-t-il un déflecteur de vent qui aidera à réduire les niveaux de bruit ?
Quelqu'un d'autre a des problèmes ?
Bonjour,
J.'ai exactement le même problème avec la galerie et la tente de toit dessus. Je suis entrain de faire réaliser un déflecteur sur mesure. J'ai d'abords fait faire un gabarit en contreplaqué. Mon véhicule est actuellement chez le carrossier. Je vous enverrai des photos après réalisation en aluminium et surtout vous confirmer qu'il y a moins de bruit. Amicalement Patrick

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Regarding wind noise, did/does the rack have the turbulent rubber strip along the front rail? Its basically a strip with little spikes on it that sits in the bottom channel of the front bar

I spoke with the Rhino development people at the Sydney car show.

In their words, they spent over 1000 hours in development and engineering of the platform working close with Ineos and Magna Steyar on the project, including roll over and cash testing.

They said there was no wind tunnel testing on the rack but there was a lot of computer wind/airflow modelling done

Also mentioned, was the attachment of the feet on the rhino rack bracket are very specifically located to where the structural strength of the car is. This matches up with Black Sheep comments their alternative fitment, and that it was considered in Rhinos engineering

Last edited:

Norgs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a diesel Trialmaster and I’m loving it.
My wife and I have both been impressed with the low noise levels in the cabin whilst cruising at 70 mph.
Today we had our roof rack accessory fitted and what a difference!
A loud whistling begins at 50mph and there is significant wind noise @ 70mph that I’m not sure I can live with.
I’ve owned several vehicles in the past with full racks but never experienced such a significant difference when fitted.
Is there a wind deflector available that will help reduce noise levels?
Anyone else having problems?
I have the same issue with my new Rhino racks it's an annoying noise ? any fixits here ?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
I have a diesel Trialmaster and I’m loving it.
My wife and I have both been impressed with the low noise levels in the cabin whilst cruising at 70 mph.
Today we had our roof rack accessory fitted and what a difference!
A loud whistling begins at 50mph and there is significant wind noise @ 70mph that I’m not sure I can live with.
I’ve owned several vehicles in the past with full racks but never experienced such a significant difference when fitted.
Is there a wind deflector available that will help reduce noise levels?
Anyone else having problems?
Hi Flewks, Not sure if this could be causing the noise of some of it. DaBull

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello guys, I had the full rack on the roof and shortened it to be able to fully use the skylights. The wind noise has been much quieter since then. Classes better. However, it is a tight calculation and an LED bar at the front is no longer possible. At best, on top of that, but then I might have more wind noise again. So I'm happy with the roof and leave the LED bar out for now.

Post in thread 'Rhino Rack Hack'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/rhino-rack-hack.12413385/post-1333240892

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
Wind fairings make a huge difference with wind noise in most cases. Also, be aware that you might lose some fuel efficiency once adding a rack due to lessened aerodynamics of the rack. Rhino Rack should be able to provide a solution if the factory option does not include one.

Back
Top Bottom