The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel economy

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
does anyone with a petrol engine have some real world fuel economy numbers?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Took 10,74 L Diesel / 100km on the first 600km. Mainly country roads and Autobahn not going over 110 aside overtaking.

IMG_7818.jpeg
Software seems off on fuel level as well as remaining km.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Took 10,74 L/100km on the first 600km. Mainly country roads and Autobahn not going over 110 aside overtaking.

View attachment 7815268
Software seems off on fuel level as well as remaining km.
I've always wondered that whenever seeing the remaining klms on the display, it definitely doesn't correspond with the fuel gauge

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I've always wondered that whenever seeing the remaining klms on the display, it definitely doesn't correspond with the fuel gauge
The remaining distance is always dubious in any vehicle.
i often find in my vehicle that i get in after a few short trips and it may say 700kms left and then I go onto the highway and it starts to go up as my average fuel economy improves.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
i often find in my vehicle that i get in after a few short trips and it may say 700kms left and then I go onto the highway and it starts to go up as my average fuel economy improves.
It works differently in my vehicles. In one the range left increases when I revert to long rural road journeys. In the other the range left doesn't increase but stays on the same range for miles and miles. In both the fuel gauge just adjusts its rate of decline. Like everything I just get used to each idiosyncrasies

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
It works differently in my vehicles. In one the range left increases when I revert to long rural road journeys. In the other the range left doesn't increase but stays on the same range for miles and miles. In both the fuel gauge just adjusts its rate of decline. Like everything I just get used to each idiosyncrasies
On a recent long drive I saw my range left increase to 1,432 kms.
That is the highest figure I have seen but not the best fuel consumption figures.
Obviously i was burning fuel so the number climbs initially

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware of that my Mercedes does the same, but the IG seems to be less accurate. This is after heavy driving and it doesn't change that much. 70lt tank and if it's half full its still saying 350klms to empty, maybe it's taking your all time average 🤔?

Attachments

• 20230608_140137.jpg
    20230608_140137.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware of that my Mercedes does the same, but the IG seems to be less accurate. This is after heavy driving and it doesn't change that much. 70lt tank and if it's half full its still saying 350klms to empty, maybe it's taking your all time average 🤔?
Tank has 90 ltr!?

Back
Top Bottom