The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel economy

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
@alvan
Though they are not gallons in Australia the price ist still way lower than in Europe: Two Australian dollars equals 1,28 €. A dream for us.

And the average income in Australia is almost three times as high as in Italy and still almost double as high as in Germany ...

But they don't have Alps.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I have a company supplied and paid Fleetcard for my fuel so the efficiency doesn't bother me.
The range does but 850kms will do for 95% f the time
This looks like a pretty good solution for water and fuel when needed.
Just don't get them mixed up
View attachment 7802648
I will be going for this just for the look! :)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The UK…..currently around £1.65 a litre for diesel and near;y always 20p a litre cheaper for pertrol (E10, 95 octane). It’s been more expensive for a number of years now for diesel. They prices switched when our government told us to get rid of those silly petrol cars and get a diesel about 20yrs ago.

Now anyone with a diesel is the devil incarnate and a menace to human kind, diesel bans in cities are on their way and anything but the lastest ICE vehicles are charged for going any where near a city in quite a few locations.

I chose petrol due to the lower amount of miles I now do, there is always the chance that synthetic fuel will become popular, and they could possibly be converted more easily to hydrogen. I don’t know whether I was right but either way they do sound great and most of the reviewers said it’s the pick of the bunch 😆

I would explore an ECU map that greatly reduced fuel economy though, not interested in more power but a fuel saving than I am in, if it is proven to be more than just snake oil !!
Have to agree that the petrol sports a fantastic soundtrack

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just arrived back home tonight in my Defender 90 TD5 having driven from North Yorkshire to Andorra for a skiing holiday and back, my tank of diesel there cost just £1.233 a litre….
Was hoping the trip would be in the Grenny, hopefully the 2024 ski holiday will b……

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
Just arrived back home tonight in my Defender 90 TD5 having driven from North Yorkshire to Andorra for a skiing holiday and back, my tank of diesel there cost just £1.233 a litre….
Was hoping the trip would be in the Grenny, hopefully the 2024 ski holiday will b……

£1.23 a litre. That’s a good price (taking into account current market).

Was that purchased in france who or somewhere?

Although I don’t Ski, I do fancy driving out there next year in my IG, just for a road trip and to take in Europe in Winter etc. I will be retired by then and not working, so why not, whilst I am young enough to still think driving all that way is a good idea 👍

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
£1.23 a litre. That’s a good price (taking into account current market).

Was that purchased in france who or somewhere?

Although I don’t Ski, I do fancy driving out there next year in my IG, just for a road trip and to take in Europe in Winter etc. I will be retired by then and not working, so why not, whilst I am young enough to still think driving all that way is a good idea 👍
Skaky, we drove through France into Andorra, the Pyrenees, between France and Spain, 1,075 miles each way and a really great drive, easy too, even in a TD5! Andorra is not in the EU, is a country that has an incredible tax system, however, it is not completely tax-free. The country has no capital gains, inheritance, or sales taxes or even VAT, in addition to these benefits, the Andorran government does not impose any tariffs on imports and exports!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
The country has no capital gains, inheritance, or sales taxes or even VAT, in addition to these benefits, the Andorran government does not impose any tariffs on imports and exports
Yes, Andorran Rolex can confirm. Also one of the best stages of the Hexatrek, if one likes a ramble.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, Andorran Rolex can confirm. Also one of the best stages of the Hexatrek, if one likes a ramble.

Well if you could actually buy a Rolex retail then Andora sounds like the place to do it.

I think Feb 2024 might be a good time to do that trip. Nothing going on for me and hopefully I will have the IG by then. If I haven’t I will have a new 2023 Ranger instead, so either way I have just convinced myself to do it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But they don't have Alps.
Brutal. But true!
Luckily I live on a mountainous island part of Oz with remote wilderness and few tourists.
Tourists always ruin the vibe, especially these days with everyone scurrying about like cockroaches trying to hog the best viewpoint for yet another selfie.
I copped a couple of stern admonishings from our guide on the Tour de Mont Blanc circuit for running ahead and seeking solace.
Oh and also on the Overland Track in Tasmania.
Sorry boss!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well if you could actually buy a Rolex retail then Andora sounds like the place to do it.

I think Feb 2024 might be a good time to do that trip. Nothing going on for me and hopefully I will have the IG by then. If I haven’t I will have a new 2023 Ranger instead, so either way I have just convinced myself to do it.
Lots of snow through there in Feb - July-Sept is safer. Doing all of it might be ambitious, but sections certainly (eg Salardu-L’Hospitalet-près-l’Andorre).
There used to be a bunch of trails in the area that permitted 4WDs, not sure if they remain open. If so and you’re there in the summer with the IG, it’d be epic.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My latest (post c800 miles) fuel economy stats (diesel N1 5 door). Average speed a function (I “guesstimate”) of driving motorway etc at c60-70mph c10% of the time, at c20-50mph c80% of the time and sub 20mph c10%

IMG_8930.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My latest (post c800 miles) fuel economy stats (diesel N1 5 door). Average speed a function (I “guesstimate”) of driving motorway etc at c60-70mph c10% of the time, at c20-50mph c80% of the time and sub 20mph c10%

View attachment 7813997
That’s 10,8 litre/100 km. More or less the same as I have.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7813997
9 litres per 100kms in a new vehicle s pretty good.
Better than the 10.5 they list

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s 10,8 litre/100 km. More or less the same as I have.
Thanks for comparison. What was the average speed your stats showed for the overall average fuel economy?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is measured in UK gallons. 9 litres would be fabulous!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When driving under 90 km/h on a smooth surface, 9 litre is possible without any question

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My gallons are imperial so I think the equivalent is 10.8l/100km not 9 (9 would calculate using US gallons)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
PPS my car has the All Terrain tyres (which probably does not help economy)

Back
Top Bottom