The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

IG75

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Morning All,

Anyone know what happen to the 12 units that arrived in Fremantle few days ago?

Attachments

• 12 Strong.jpg
    12 Strong.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 105

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Morning All,

1 has been there a couple of weeks and is the demo vehicle for Magic. The other 10 are customer cars and will take a few weeks to clear import processes.

IG75

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I went to the port this afternoon and got these, enjoy :)

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 80
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 90

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Morning All,

I got a phone call today saying mine is landing in WA. My worry is that because mine arrives before the dealer gets a demo, they'll hold mine for a few days more than they should!
Said I should have it 2-3 weeks at Ballarat dealer. Happy days

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
The Defender still didn’t get his arse moved

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
I got a phone call today saying mine is landing in WA. My worry is that because mine arrives before the dealer gets a demo, they'll hold mine for a few days more than they should!
Said I should have it 2-3 weeks at Ballarat dealer. Happy days
Thats awesome news. So what dates did you put your initial reservation down?

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
The very 1st day the order bank opened 30/9/21 before my wife got a terminal brain tumour 16/3/22. The car is way more expensive than I would have liked but life is too short so we said f**k it last year and paid the bal of the $5k deposit. The worry was she wouldn't be alive to even see the car but thankfully she should be. Just have to modify the steps now so she can get in.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer looking to see if he had any more clues than I when my order was coming (he did not), he pointed to a spreadsheet/portal suggesting there are 14 in Fremantle. Maybe there are a couple hiding or the wharfies have spirited a couple away.......

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer looking to see if he had any more clue than I when my order was coming (he did not), he pointed to a spreadsheet/portal suggesting there are 14 in Fremantle. Maybe there are a couple hiding or the wharfies have spirited a couple away.......
It strikes me as very odd (actually unbelievable) that our agents don't know if a Grenadier of their client is on a boat or not.

Our agents have all the order details, the VIN and date produced etc.

Upon loading your car onto a RoRo, the INEOS online portal should reflect this key process point and either inform the agent that one of his customers cars is on the way or permit the agent to see this information on-line.

This would keep the agent in the information loop regarding this particular vehicle, allow the agent to have the necessary resources available to prepare the car for the client, based on when the ship is due to arrive in port and transported to the dealer.

If INEOS does NOT advise the agent when their customers car has is loaded on the ship - WHY NOT?

If not, when does INEOS actually advise the agent that a car is one it's way - a month or a week before arrival in port or does the agent just get to work one day and lo and behold a transporter full of Grenadiers appears at their front gate - "Hi, we have a delivery of cars for you" FFS!

My wife ordered a new MB some months ago and the Melbourne MB dealer knows ALL the details, including when car was built, VIN, loaded, name of ship, expected date of arrival in Melbourne etc. etc.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My wife ordered a new MB some months ago and the Melbourne MB dealer knows ALL the details, including when car was built, VIN, loaded, name of ship, expected date of arrival in Melbourne etc. etc.
Well my wife traded in her Merc on a new Volvo last year. One day out of the blue the dealer rang and said "it's in Melbourne".
2 weeks' notice , then it was ready to pickup locally.
Prior to that he knew nothing. This is in a capital city , premium dealer.

IG75

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well my wife traded in her Merc on a new Volvo last year. One day out of the blue the dealer rang and said "it's in Melbourne".
2 weeks' notice , then it was ready to pickup locally.
Prior to that he knew nothing. This is in a capital city , premium dealer.
Same thing with my Daytona 765.

Similar process to what we go through here. You jump up and reserve a build slot cause its a limited edition build.

Then the waiting game. With IG at least you know you are getting a vehicle (and Justin H is absolutely brilliant with his comms, but cant say the same about the IG mother ship). With my Triumph build, they don't even tell you if you managed to get a build slot till the bike is completed, shipped and arrived at the dealership.

So you go from early hand raisers (deposit paid), wait for months and months with no info what so ever, not knowing if you actually got a bike.

Then one day out of the blue dealership rang me to say the bike just arrived at the dealership and they are finalising the paperwork.

Compared to that, this IG process is 100 times better for me.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but I'm happy with what they done so far being a new car company and building their 1st batch. Triumph been doing that for God knows how long and still kept everyone in the dark and gave zero fks about comms.

IG75

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer looking to see if he had any more clues than I when my order was coming (he did not), he pointed to a spreadsheet/portal suggesting there are 14 in Fremantle. Maybe there are a couple hiding or the wharfies have spirited a couple away.......
The other 2 or 3 might be late arrivals, think there was another RORO ship arrived yesterday.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Everytime, this thread title pops up in my unread list, I can't help reading it like the Birmingham Six, Guildford Four.

Or am I being slow, and that was the intention?

Either way, where's the petition, I'll sign.

Back
Top Bottom