The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

For the Aussies, Sydney and Brisbane drives are live!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
I forgot about one point that came up during the test drives.
There is a built in anti-theft device to stop younger people from stealing the car.
I saw a few people having issues working out how to open the doors as they had never used car doors where you have to push the button to open them.
Older people had no trouble but younger people 40 and down seemed to struggle and I was told that has been a regular issue

1671394919006.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
Older people had no trouble but younger people 40 and down seemed to struggle and I was told that has been a regular issue
Reminds me of my divorce a lot of years ago, and my youngest son decided to live at my place, because it was close to his school. "Dad, can I do a telephone call?". Yes sure ...
Kiesschijf_T-65.jpg

He said: "I push the numbers but probably it's not the way it works, can you explain?"

:ROFLMAO:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I can only hope that Ineos doesn't change the door openers just because of idiots like this.

And if someone now thinks 'but if they do not know? ', then I can only laugh: I was able to open the doors of a VW Beetle when I was a 5 year old monkey, because it was as clear as day how to do it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can only hope that Ineos doesn't change the door openers because of idiots like this.

And if someone now thinks 'but if they do not know? ', then I can only laugh: I was able to open the doors of a VW Beetle when I was a 5 year old monkey, because it was as clear as day how to do it.
Most cars you approach the door handle with your palm up and lift a lever, which is not a very strong action.
I really like the door handle on the Grenadier.
Even though it is plastic it feels incredibly solid and in control with the natural palm down hand position
In many countries now a manual transmission also stops car thieves.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The handle is like the one on my W460 G-Wagon was. Solid, no frills. I loved it.

And I hope my Grenadier will have the exact same ones it had on the test drive.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure there were many elves drinking many cups of coffee during the handle design process.
Old timers probably had an input ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure there were many elves drinking many cups of coffee during the handle design process.
Old timers probably had an input ;)
I was watching Tyrell's Classic Workshop video on the Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 and he mentioned how all Rolls Royce models had that exact same door handle so doormen at restaurants etc had a good strong grip and control of the door while the VIP was getting out

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I love such things. :)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was watching Tyrell's Classic Workshop video on the Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 and he mentioned how all Rolls Royce models had that exact same door handle so doormen at restaurants etc had a good strong grip and control of the door while the VIP was getting out
My '66 MB, triple chromed handles , grill surround , bumpers - to withstand the elements
56 years later lookin' good!

Attachments

• IMG_8371.JPG
    IMG_8371.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 11

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reminds me of my divorce a lot of years ago, and my youngest son decided to live at my place, because it was close to his school. "Dad, can I do a telephone call?". Yes sure ...
View attachment 7798162

He said: "I push the numbers but probably it's not the way it works, can you explain?"

:ROFLMAO:
I had the same experience as I visited the Heinz Nixdorf Computer Forum (largest computer museum of the world) some years ago.

There they have build up an old telefon central 1671434629928.png
This can be used by the visors with those old phones like the one you see on the picture. It has been fun to watch the children try out...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can only hope that Ineos doesn't change the door openers just because of idiots like this.

The old Defenders doors work that way. So nobody will think about switching them!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The good ole W48. Still works after 70 years. (y)
I have one in the entrance corridor (the one on the right), works even when there isn't electricity in the street, because there is some low voltage (I think DC, but am not sure, could check it, but didn't) coming from the telephone line itself.

DSC00913BIS.JPG

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
Same here. Joke is, yesterday there was a news story on bad guys breaking into cars at the mall, stealing the cars, driving to the car owners home and breaking in there. Cop spokesperson had the terminity to say folks should smarten up and not carry personal info like reg and insurance papers in their vehicles.

Really ?! That's their #1 excuse to stop a vehicle.

Can't produce paper copies and it's a fine, or two.
We get two copies of the paper registration, one with an address printed on it for storage at home, and one without an address which is labeled "Keep in Vehicle". But people screw that up pretty regularly. Of course, the whole paper system is archaic, but the Department of Motor Vehicles here in the U.S. has never been known for its cutting-edge technology or efficiency.

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
The handle is like the one on my W460 G-Wagon was. Solid, no frills. I loved it.

And I hope my Grenadier will have the exact same ones it had on the test drive.
I'm with you. The Grenadier door handles are pretty much the same as on my Jeep:
Jeep_JK_handle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom